[Rumour] Coyotes want a 2nd for Zucker

34 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

meh, not at that price. 

I'd much rather they go for Duclair. 

I like this. Duclair is such a wild card really. He could just be the answer to EP's wing. Maybe, but he has that type of resume. 

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I like this. Duclair is such a wild card really. He could just be the answer to EP's wing. Maybe, but he has that type of resume. 

I'd also like to see how he did with Lindholm.

Hoglander-Petey-Boeser

Miller-Lindholm-Duclair

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yea but look at the crap heap he's been put in at SJ. We know what he's capable of, and what he's not. Personally I think he'd be a good fit as a low price acquisition. 

So what - he should just not be held accountable for poor individual play?  It's okay that he's been playing like shit because the team is shit?  Why has he been getting demoted/scratched over the other guys in SJ?

We know what Anthony Duclair is - a very hot-and-cold winger who uses his speed to generate offence off rushes.  He has always been an all-offence, no-defence type player.  Do you honestly think that's the type of player Tocchet wants?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

So what - he should just not be held accountable for poor individual play?  It's okay that he's been playing like shit because the team is shit?  Why has he been getting demoted/scratched over the other guys in SJ?

We know what Anthony Duclair is - a very hot-and-cold winger who uses his speed to generate offence off rushes.  He has always been an all-offence, no-defence type player.  Do you honestly think that's the type of player Tocchet wants?

yes, I do think we'd be better off with him on Millers wing, and Suter back bolstering up the bottom 6. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

yes, I do think we'd be better off with him on Millers wing, and Suter back bolstering up the bottom 6. 

But he doesn't backcheck or forecheck.  He cheats a lot defensively and tries to be FWD 1 on the counterattack.  How does that type of player fit into a Tocchet system?

I dunno about Zucker.  I only got to see him vs VAN but he didnt seem all that engaged.  P Suter probably plays a much more engaged game than Zucker.  I dunno

37 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

An undersized winger with some pushback to his game, nice speed, decent hands.

hoglander is already better than that though. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

Why on earth do the Coyotes need another draft pick. They already have almost all of them.

image.thumb.png.5c131a2d4f7df0c228acd668c6155793.png

If they're not going to keep him why not get something? 

52 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

But he doesn't backcheck or forecheck.  He cheats a lot defensively and tries to be FWD 1 on the counterattack.  How does that type of player fit into a Tocchet system?

he's a vet, who I have no doubt can adjust to whats needed. You can't tell me he isn't an upgrade on PDG, e.g. 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I'd also like to see how he did with Lindholm.

Hoglander-Petey-Boeser

Miller-Lindholm-Duclair

I don’t think Duclair is very good defensively. I think that’s why he’s bounced around a lot. Cant see him being the type Alvin / Tocchet want 

7 minutes ago, Bardown said:

I don’t think Duclair is very good defensively. I think that’s why he’s bounced around a lot. Cant see him being the type Alvin / Tocchet want 

He's not a Selke candidate, but when he's bought into a system he's not as bad as people are saying on here.  We need another guy who can play in the top 6 and he's a cheap option.  Pairing him with a guy like Lindholm helps camouflage some of the warts.