[Trade] - Noah Hannafin to Vegas

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Depending on what they send back to Calgary, this trade makes them a lot better. And if they can add another $3m player, then get Stone back on day 1 of the playoffs, which they will, then Vegas is the favourites with Colorado being a close 2nd.

You go ahead and put your money on that, I pick the "underdog" (as you think per above) and Edmonton takes out vegas in 7, long, hard, painful games which take out half of edmonton.... and, Winnepeg does the same to Colorado in a long battle that hurts everyone's pinky finger.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Every deadline and every offseason other teams make moves and we act like it’s the end of the world.

I expect Allvin to make one more move at least but even if we stand pat, we have Hughes/Hronek plus a huge physical 2nd and 3rd pairings.  Rock solid Juulsen as our #7. An elite goaltender.

Two 100 point two-way C’s.  An elite 3rd line. Big, fast 4th line. Then Boeser. Hoglander. Lindholm fits in somewhere. Maybe we call up Podkolzin or Bains for some jump. We’re good.  Very good. 

I think Alvin will add Jordan Greenway and Erik Johnson. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

cool beans, as long as he is only giving up Mik, and maybe Aman, some other Bains or whatevers.

Both players are more role players. Huge role players though with Johnson at 6’4” 231 and Greenway at 6’6” 234. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Like 2

This trade is a perfect example of why cap world doesn't work.   The only way for the cap to work is move up the trade deadlines to before the all-stars so teams will know what they need, not in March.  By moving up January deadlines, it will be a big risk for them to acquire and try circumvent the cap.  If they miss the playoffs, this will set teams back years.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I would be 100% OK watching the Canucks cruise to a cup lol.

anticlimactic for me, robs it of its meaning.

it's all about the journey. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sapper said:

Don't like the cap loopholes but they are what they are and teams have to play that same game to have.any chance

The NHL needs to fix this 

This is a very mature and reasonable response.

Mods please ban this user ASAP!

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't really care what the other teams do. I mean its an exciting time for sure but I don't worry or wonder after these moves are made. Vancouver has consistently been performing at the top of the league for the season. They will be a handful for any teams no matter the adds.

Well no...

Vancouver has consistently been at the top of the league up until a month ago. Weve won 2 out of the last 10.. Its only our awesome play earlier thats kept us at the top.

While I agree we are still a good team and will put up a good fight, I don't see us winning a single series in the west playing like we have the last 10 games.

we could definitely use some help.

1 minute ago, Sapper said:

Don't like the cap loopholes but they are what they are and teams have to play that same game to have.any chance

We're not allowed tho because we're Vancouver. Our rules are different for some reason

• Cheers 1

Just now, Baratheon said:

This is a very mature and reasonable response.

Mods please ban this user ASAP!

Drunk or high? 

Vegas being able to take on more cap by parking players on ltir is a tactic used by other NHL teams ( hello Tampa ) ..... It's within the rules and the only way it would stop is a rule change that enforces the cap during playoffs 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, tas said:

anticlimactic for me, robs it of its meaning.

it's all about the journey. 

I've been on a 50 year journey with the Canucks already. There have been some highs, but there have been many more lows, and I've stuck with them through countless struggles. If the last few games of this decades-long journey to a cup come easily, I am more than happy to sit back and enjoy that ride! Me and the team have more than paid our dues!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't really care what the other teams do. I mean its an exciting time for sure but I don't worry or wonder after these moves are made. Vancouver has consistently been performing at the top of the league for the season. They will be a handful for any teams no matter the adds.

Offseason usually matters more. 

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

I've been on a 50 year journey with the Canucks already. There have been some highs, but there have been many more lows, and I've stuck with them through countless struggles. If the last few games of this decades-long journey to a cup come easily, I am more than happy to sit back and enjoy that ride! Me and the team have more than paid our dues!

each their own. 

5 minutes ago, Sapper said:

At least our management has caught on and is playing the Cap lawyer game... I bet there is some little twerp right now with his abacus doing the bean counting..... Its all part of running a good team.

2 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Drunk or high? 

Vegas being able to take on more cap by parking players on ltir is a tactic used by other NHL teams ( hello Tampa ) ..... It's within the rules and the only way it would stop is a rule change that enforces the cap during playoffs 

I was agreeing with you.  I think you missed the joke.

• Cheers 1