[Trade] - Noah Hannafin to Vegas

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Well no...

Vancouver has consistently been at the top of the league up until a month ago. Weve won 2 out of the last 10.. Its only our awesome play earlier thats kept us at the top.

While I agree we are still a good team and will put up a good fight, I don't see us winning a single series in the west playing like we have the last 10 games.

we could definitely use some help.

Not against any additions but I think this month will be a major catalyst for this club getting into a groove at home and building momentum leading up to the Playoffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The league lets it happen, so the corrupt NHL brass are just as fallible and responsible as anyone in management in Vegas. 

Yup,plus Tampa did it first.

Now if we did that bet a rule would be out in place or picks taken away and fined heavily.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Drunk or high? 

Vegas being able to take on more cap by parking players on ltir is a tactic used by other NHL teams ( hello Tampa ) ..... It's within the rules and the only way it would stop is a rule change that enforces the cap during playoffs 

We played by the rules when we signed Luongo and they changed it because of that signing yet we are the only ones to get nailed. They make the shit up as they go and see fit. Don't kid yourself

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, cripplereh said:

Yup,plus Tampa did it first.

Now if we did that bet a rule would be out in place or picks taken away and fined heavily.

If that happens, there is legal precedent to sue the league. 

• ThereItIs 1

47 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Screw the cap, it will all be fine in the playoffs. Right?

But punish the Canucks for the Luongo contract. Heaven forbid Vancouver found a loophole...

Luongo said Florida and him were willing to agree to a trade back to Vancouver so he could go on LTIRetirement and have no cap penalty at all. But Benning never called them back.

...Guess he ran out of time...🥴

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Not against any additions but I think this month will be a major catalyst for this club getting into a groove at home and building momentum leading up to the Playoffs. 

Agreed.

People slogging Lindholm are out to lunch. They've had barely any practice time. But going forward they have lots of time to practice and gel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

This trade is a perfect example of why cap world doesn't work.   The only way for the cap to work is move up the trade deadlines to before the all-stars so teams will know what they need, not in March.  By moving up January deadlines, it will be a big risk for them to acquire and try circumvent the cap.  If they miss the playoffs, this will set teams back years.  

It might be an unfair advantage though, to teams who are "in" so to speak. After the TDL the roster restrictions are gone, so for example, we could call up bains, Woo, podz, Wolander, Dries, or whoever and float them all around for fitment on the lines. Teams "like that" (us last year) would not have that privilage.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So does the NHL actually check the salary cap on on teams, or they just trust what's submitted by capologists numbers from each team?

>Sigh<

There's a pretty good chance that stone isn't coming back this year I'd say.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I am really trying to stay positive and hope you're right! There's no rationale why this team went from leading the league in GF/Game and a great PP, to barely squeezing 2 goals out of a game.

If they are going to get there shit together hopefully it starts asap. 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Luongo said Florida and him were willing to agree to a trade back to Vancouver so he could go on LTIRetirement and have no cap penalty at all. But Benning never called them back.

Normally I'd laugh, but that is so sad and pathetic, I just shake my head.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

image.png.ffcd53f7a826e598626fb615248c7dfc.png

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Agreed.

People slogging Lindholm are out to lunch. They've had barely any practice time. But going forward they have lots of time to practice and gel.

Agreed,

Lindholm has a lot of talent. Just need to figure out how to deploy him properly, and find out who he has some chemistry with. That will take a bit of time.

However I doubt he ever goes back to scoring 40 goals.

If we can get him on a 25 goal, 60pt pace I'd be happy

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Agreed.

O points and -5 in his last 9 games.  He’s had 15 games on this team and has only looked worse as time had gone on, to the point he’s the 3rd line centre.  Based on todays trades, the Canucks massively overpaid for what they got.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

I am really trying to stay positive and hope you're right! There's no rationale why this team went from leading the league in GF/Game and a great PP, to barely squeezing 2 goals out of a game.

If they are going to get there shit together hopefully it starts asap. 

Road trips aren't done and then a complete recharge and reset, the accumulation of them takes a toll. Just is a fact. Big media attention and the allstar week would also have been a tough one to focus through.

Not a lot of injuries keeping players out to manage is a good thing, the addition of Lindholm while a positive did lead to a solid ten games or more of excessive juggling of lines and player in game situations.

I think overall having the next month or so here in Vancouver getting back into a routine and fingers crossed the coaching staff stopping this insane Powerplay lines and getting back to what works would be great.

I bet the Canucks start building momentum again leading into the Playoffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

We played by the rules when we signed Luongo and they changed it because of that signing yet we are the only ones to get nailed. They make the shit up as they go and see fit. Don't kid yourself

The Vancouver Canucks under the leadership of Mike Gillis invented the loop hole in 2011 with a Sami Salo injury.

He invented this "shit". Did you complain in 2011?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

O points and -5 in his last 9 games.  He’s had 15 games on this team and has only looked worse as time had gone on, to the point he’s the 3rd line centre.  Based on todays trades, the Canucks massively overpaid for what they got.

Yeah. I had hesitations about the trade but I figured that JR had done his homework, as they had done all this time.

This is maybe their first big bad trade.

• Wiener 1

22 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well no...

Vancouver has consistently been at the top of the league up until a month ago. Weve won 2 out of the last 10.. Its only our awesome play earlier thats kept us at the top.

While I agree we are still a good team and will put up a good fight, I don't see us winning a single series in the west playing like we have the last 10 games.

we could definitely use some help.

you already forgot the "SLUMP" in november/early december?

I think if the team is on the rag now, better now than in a month 🙂 We are going to be peaking again at exactly the right time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Well in his defense... the entire team has been absolute shit the last 9 games (except Miller). 

Maybe if Petey and Boes were lighting it up and Lindy still had 0 points that would be more of a concern... but think back on those 9 games, everyone has been struggling.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, chris12345 said:

The Vancouver Canucks under the leadership of Mike Gillis invented the loop hole in 2011 with a Sami Salo injury.

He invented this "shit". Did you complain in 2011?

Are you claiming that one out of Sami's 268 injuries here was somehow faked? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Well it means Guentzel suitors are dropping like flies 

With Stone on LTIR they have $7.7m in cap space to add.

Even at full cap hit Hanifin is $4.95m.

They still have $2.7m plus another $1.5m from the players they waive, so around $4.2m to add another player before the TDL.

That could be Guentzel at 50% retained

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

you already forgot the "SLUMP" in november/early december?

I think if the team is on the rag now, better now than in a month 🙂 We are going to be peaking again at exactly the right time.

I hope you're right. Hopefully this is just a learning exercise and gaining some experience in adversity!