[Trade] - Noah Hannafin to Vegas

12 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Luongo said Florida and him were willing to agree to a trade back to Vancouver so he could go on LTIRetirement and have no cap penalty at all. But Benning never called them back.

...Guess he ran out of time...🥴

Cheif moron..

President of the moron society 

Intelligence of a cast iron skillet. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well in his defense... the entire team has been absolute shit the last 9 games (except Miller). 

Maybe if Petey and Boes were lighting it up and Lindy still had 0 points that would be more of a concern... but think back on those 9 games, everyone has been struggling.

PDG, Aman, and Bains are the only other forwards with 0 points over that time span.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

If VGK gets Stone back for the playoffs and COL gets Landeskog back for the playoffs, the Canucks are gonna have a helluva time getting anywhere without some major acquisition on top of what we already have.

A lacerated spleen is in the ballpark of 3 months just to heal, not to mention rehab

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

A lacerated spleen is in the ballpark of 3 months just to heal, not to mention rehab

Well, we will see if miracles happen then won't we.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Sneakystink said:

I don't think these Vegas moves them up a few notches. I think they're pretty overrated and I don't understand the Vegas fear

Quite frankly I don't think our style of play is effective against bigger teams like theirs, and they have some giant D-men and two-way forwards in front of Hill/ Thompson, both of whom are pretty good goalies themselves.  

Just now, Phil_314 said:

Quite frankly I don't think our style of play is effective against bigger teams like theirs, and they have some giant D-men and two-way forwards in front of Hill/ Thompson, both of whom are pretty good goalies themselves.  

I think the Canucks match up better against Vegas than they do EDM or the kings

Just now, Phil_314 said:

Not to mention they won the Cup with almost an identical roster last year.  Now they've added to it.

• ThereItIs 1

Man. Vegas with the additions of Mantha and now Hanifin, are going to be a really tough out in the playoffs. I don't think we can compete with them in a 7 game series. They were already big to begin with, with a ton of firepower, and now they just got even bigger and added more offense to their team. 

It feels like we're not keeping pace with every team around us making deals and strengthening themselves. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Man. Vegas with the additions of Mantha and now Hanifin, are going to be a really tough out in the playoffs. I don't think we can compete with them in a 7 game series. They were already big to begin with, with a ton of firepower, and now they just got even bigger and added more offense to their team. 

It feels like we're not keeping pace with every team around us making deals and strengthening themselves. 

We need to find a way to get Petey going and a way to let Demko see as many clear shots against as possible.  

If Petey finds his game, then I like our chances.  Who would honestly WANT to face us with two 100 point forwards and a 100 point defenceman on a single roster?

• ThereItIs 1

50 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Drunk or high? 

Vegas being able to take on more cap by parking players on ltir is a tactic used by other NHL teams ( hello Tampa ) ..... It's within the rules and the only way it would stop is a rule change that enforces the cap during playoffs 

This seems a very reasonable response and solution. It does potentially create another problem whereby a player is hurt and out 8 - 10 weeks say with 8 - 10 weeks left in the season. So team with player doesn't make any moves before the TDL since they expect the player to be back for the playoffs ... but then isn't due to a complication. The team is then in the situation where they are down a player in the playoffs AND have cap space left. 

Is a bit of a conundrum to say the least. Only enforceable way with current system is to (1) not have Bettman as the sole and only arbitrator of who is and who isn't cheating and (2) have transparency with arms-length third parties (i.e. doctors) who monitor all injuries and report back accurately. However, with sports being a billion dollar business, teams/owners, like every other sport, will always try to find a way to bend or break the rules without getting caught. 

Formula 1 is a great example of the dance between the rules police and the teams each trying to out do the other. No I didn't just compare hockey to car racing, just the mentality transcends. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Well, if Alvin adds Jordan Greenway (6’6” 235lbs) and Erik Johnson (6’4” 231 lbs) then the Canucks become bigger. And they’re already the second largest team with the likes of Zadorov, Myers, Soucy, Cole and Juulsen. All of whom will willingly throw down. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Drunk or high? 

Vegas being able to take on more cap by parking players on ltir is a tactic used by other NHL teams ( hello Tampa ) ..... It's within the rules and the only way it would stop is a rule change that enforces the cap during playoffs 

Two options, scrap the cap system, owners will not do that, and other option is move up to January trade deadlines, than the March.  NFL had their deadline by week 8, in late October.  That is why we do not have the NFL frenzy like we do in the NHL.  Even NBA had their deadlines a few weeks ago.  

Edited by coolboarder

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think the Canucks match up better against Vegas than they do EDM or the kings

Tomorrow nights game will be interesting and may lead to, or avoid, further deadline day shopping by management. 

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We need to find a way to get Petey going and a way to let Demko see as many clear shots against as possible.  

If Petey finds his game, then I like our chances.  Who would honestly WANT to face us with two 100 point forwards and a 100 point defenceman on a single roster?

A really strong defensive team

Just now, coolboarder said:

Two options, scrap the cap system, owners will not do that, and other option is move up to January trade deadlines, than the March.  NFL had their deadline by week 8, in late October.  That is why we do not have the NFL frenzy like we do in the NHL.  Even NBA had their deadlines a few weeks ago.  

Or everyone needs to be cap compliant by game 1 of the playoffs

23 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Philly.

• Haha 2