[Trade] - Noah Hannafin to Vegas

4 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

That means they're still in on guentzel if they think they're gunna trade it.

If Pens is looking for quality prospects as reported, then Vegas has nothing to offer. They can offer their rounders in the next 5 years if they want but Pens probably want soon to be nhl ready prospects. 

I think they will use their 2024 first rounder somewhere else, which to me might actually hold less value than future drafts. This year's draft isn't supposed to be deep and falls off quickly mid first round.

24 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Why does that feel even cheaper than what we paid for lindholm 

I mean, I don't see them losing in the 1st round. So that 3rd is more likely a 2nd. They also paid a 5th to have Philly retain cap. I'd say they paid more than we did. Kuzy was borderline a cap dump, and we got a top 6 player. So I'd say we did pretty well overall. But it does sound like Hanifin will re-sign there. So that'd give their trade better overall value.

7 minutes ago, Wing said:

If Pens is looking for quality prospects as reported, then Vegas has nothing to offer. They can offer their rounders in the next 5 years if they want but Pens probably want soon to be nhl ready prospects. 

I think they will use their 2024 first rounder somewhere else, which to me might actually hold less value than future drafts. This year's draft isn't supposed to be deep and falls off quickly mid first round.

not unless they can flip the picks for young players.  they can wait til the draft floor to get the young players they desire.   Vegas has 4.2 left in cap after this trade. they're getting something else

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Yep, the only difference is that you can have extra black aces in the press box as it is the playoffs and no call ups can happen like in the regular season.

Right. And if they need to modify those rules to accommodate players that no longer fit for salary cap reasons, I think that's fine too.

Just keep the teams compliant during the playoffs, dammit! :classic_wink:

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I mean, I don't see them losing in the 1st round. So that 3rd is more likely a 2nd. They also paid a 5th to have Philly retain cap. I'd say they paid more than we did. Kuzy was borderline a cap dump, and we got a top 6 player. So I'd say we did pretty well overall. But it does sound like Hanifin will re-sign there. So that'd give their trade better overall value.

If stone ain’t back by playoff and they are in that wc1 there’s a good chance they are up against Winnipeg Dallas or Colorado so they can easily be knocked out. They have been hot and cold and their goalie haven’t been exactly consistent 

I dunno how we're going to get pass Vegas when we have to meet them in the postseason. 

With all of their additions the last few days, and they still have room to add more? That's insane. 

How do we get passed their defense with the addition of Hanifin to an already intimidating defense? 

And then let's not even talk about their forwards. Canucks might as well just give up and wave the white flag. 

Demko's going to be under seige...

50 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I dunno how we're going to get pass Vegas when we have to meet them in the postseason. 

With all of their additions the last few days, and they still have room to add more? That's insane. 

How do we get passed their defense with the addition of Hanifin to an already intimidating defense? 

And then let's not even talk about their forwards. Canucks might as well just give up and wave the white flag. 

Yeah it also hurts that the Canucks' big trade has proven to be a bust. So while everyone around the west is stockpiling nuclear warheads, Canucks acquired a small tank. 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Calm down everyone, Seattle and Calgary are going streaking and will knock vegas right out of their wildcard spot. We win today to help that cause.

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah it also hurts that the Canucks' big trade has proven to be a bust. So while everyone around the west is stockpiling nuclear warheads, Canucks acquired a small tank. 

Even with lindholms lack of offence thus far he is still a tank... Edmonton got a VW bus

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Screw the cap, it will all be fine in the playoffs. Right?

But punish the Canucks for the Luongo contract. Heaven forbid Vancouver found a loophole...

Vancouver Canucks... the punch bag of the NHL...

Its so stinking currupt...

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

They might throw Martinez on LTIR until game 1 of the playoffs as well. You can't even make this crap up.