[Signing] Panthers extend Forsling and Gadjovich

• Coconuts changed the title to [Signing] Panthers extend Forsling and Gadjovich
Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I’ve never cared about the Forsling trade. We were trying to help the Sedins retire on a competitive team, and simultaneously upstart the rebuild by 4 years. Clendenning was older and seemed like a top 4 lock. 

I’m very happy for Gus that he’s carved out a very solid career. 

Too rational, needs more angst

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I’ve never cared about the Forsling trade. We were trying to help the Sedins retire on a competitive team, and simultaneously upstart the rebuild by 4 years. Clendenning was older and seemed like a top 4 lock. 

I’m very happy for Gus that he’s carved out a very solid career. 

absolutely, it just speaks to the poor pro scouting though 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

BENNING IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO THIS FRANCHISE. AHHHHH IM SO ANGRY AT HIM. ASSET MANAGEMENT. PRO SCOUTING DEFICIENCIES. 

Much appreciated 

giphy.gif.bdaf4128015b51f1864638b2188e8bdb.gif

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jeremy Hronek said:

Happy for Forsling.

Happy for Gadjovich.

Don't care about what Jim Benning did in the past since the year is 2024.  

Caitlin Jenner's mushroom head has more relevance to my life than Jim Benning.  

Forsig doesn't bother me, he took 3 more chances to find his game past us. 

Gads does tho. Green was trying to save his job on that one. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe.  

You win some you lose some.  

Don't believe me?  Ask Caitlin Jenner.  

My point being is that we can't do anything about the past, and we can only control what's in front of us.  

This is the best Canucks team that we've had since 2013 and there's a chance that we do something special starting in April.  

• MillerTime 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

That's the thing for me. I don't see how you can be upset when 2 teams after us also gave up on him.

• ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Green is not a very good player assessor. Besides the high end prospects, there's not really a player that really developed under his coaching (ala Joshua, Garland, etc for Tocchet)

Tocchet may be friends with Green, but Green is a very very bad coach by comparison. Tocchet is so much more savvy and he's much more willing to force accountability for all.

This is one of those examples where poor coaching can hurt development.

The drafting was good to decent under Benning. How many of those picks actually flourished? Höglander did, but he really took it ahother gear under Tocchet. It seems many of those draft picks, particularly defensemen, were muzzled or nerfed by Green's coaching decisions.

Edited by PureQuickness

Sucks that we moved Forsling, but I've moved on--it was a long time ago. He's a great defenseman and this deal should age well for him. Gadj is still a tweener, but good for him for making a two-year deal. It's actually less than he's making currently, but I'm sure he likes the security of two years.

17 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Under 6 million for Forsling. For those saying they would pay Hronek 8, do you think he's 2 million better then Forsling?

I'm not sure I do.

Hronek has more points, plays in all situations and is a RHD. Forsling doesn’t play much on the power play. 

Hronek is closer to Vince Dunn than Forsling. I wouldn’t pay him $8 million. But he will definitely get $7 milion +. 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Under 6 million for Forsling. For those saying they would pay Hronek 8, do you think he's 2 million better then Forsling?

I'm not sure I do.

Forsling:  62 GP, 9 G, 31 PTS

Hronek:  64 GP, 5 G, 45 PTS

So maybe $500k to $1M more for Hronek in terms of production, then tack on the RHD premium of another $500k to $1M...

So Hronek SHOULD be $1M to $2M more than Forsling.  $6.75 to $7.75M range.

• Cheers 1

Always thought we gave up on Forsling way too early. Benning could draft, but he was horrible at managing.

What I'm more surprised at is how Ekblad has struggled. He was supposed to be an NHL leading D-man. Crippled by injuries?

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1