[Signing] Panthers extend Forsling and Gadjovich

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

How's he have 2 PP points if he doesn't play on the PP? They have a top PP so it's not hard to get 2 points on that PP. 

Also you brought up OEL out of nowhere which has nothing to do with anything as well especially since he started the year playing on PP1 OEL is 14th in the league in PP minutes per game, that is definitely not PP2. Hronek is 41st. 

I brought up OELs number because you said 10 point was good. It was a direct comparison. As is everything I've said up until this point. Yet you have been completely unable to provide one point to explain why Hronek is worth 2 million more then what Forsling got. But you just keep dropping those little emotes, it definitely drives your point home.

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Tough question... Player development. If a player wasn't an all-star that required no development, they were not developed.

I have to agree. 

Many benning era players have gone on to great things and carved out nice careers post benning canucks.

Forsling, gadjovich,  stetcher, mccaan, hutton,  etc

And these players were already developed but walked for nothing tragically, toffoli, tanev etc 

I know you cany hold on to everyone and this might be cherry picking but he was clearly terrible at it. This doesn't mention all the drafted flops that may have been something else Had they Been drafted elsewhere 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Well if he got that right, he'd never of traded him.   Weird take. 

I don’t understand what you’re referring to here. Clendenning was the right age for our retool, whilst gaining a decent defenseman to keep the team competitive while the Sedins were finishing their careers. He was the same age as Bo, Baer, Jake and co. 

7 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I brought up OELs number because you said 10 point was good. It was a direct comparison. As is everything I've said up until this point. Yet you have been completely unable to provide one point to explain why Hronek is worth 2 million more then what Forsling got. But you just keep dropping those little emotes, it definitely drives your point home.

Top 5 PP and PP1 Minutes not hard to figure out, not to mention Hronek is significantly better defensively than OEL basically on par at worst with Forsling and scores mor, not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp. 

Do you seriously think if Hronek was given the same PP time as OEL he wouldn't be able to outscore him?

As it stands OEL has 1 PP goal Hronek has 2, OEL has 10 PP Assists Hronek has 8.

Are you honestly trying to argue that Hronek couldn't possibly get 1 more assist with over 2 more PP minutes per game? 

Like honestly what is the point in bringing up OEL it actually damages your case.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Let it go man.  Why let him live rent free in your head.   And disagree, the roster wasn't good.  And he somehow made it work, year after year - during what was supposed to be our down years.   OTT current roster is much >> then probably all of the ones he had to work with.     How are they doing these days anyways?   The only year, he had a decent roster, was JT Millers and Myer first year.    And it was decent that's it, nothing spectacular.  

uy2xdb2i7qx61.jpg

1 hour ago, Psycho_Path said:

oh, I'd well expect him to be better than Forsling personally. Was not pleased that he was given up in the Lindholm deal

He wasn't going to sign here, why lose him for nothing? Like very openly wasn't signing here.

2 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

based on what?

Elliotte Friedman reported that there was some concern within the Vancouver organization that Brzustewicz was not going to sign with the team.

Paired with the fact the trade happened, it is quite obvious he wasn't.

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I don’t understand what you’re referring to here. Clendenning was the right age for our retool, whilst gaining a decent defenseman to keep the team competitive while the Sedins were finishing their careers. He was the same age as Bo, Baer, Jake and co. 

I don't think the intention is the problem. Like all of Benning's bad moves, it's a case of poor judgment and execution. 

And I suppose the problem isn't this trade in particular but this trade can pretty much summarize what made Benning a bad GM 😆 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

BENNING IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO THIS FRANCHISE. AHHHHH IM SO ANGRY AT HIM. ASSET MANAGEMENT. PRO SCOUTING DEFICIENCIES. 

In a way.... How do you feel about our core though? Do you like Hughes, Demko, Pettersson, JT Miller, Boeser?

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

I have to agree. 

Many benning era players have gone on to great things and carved out nice careers post benning canucks.

Forsling, gadjovich,  stetcher, mccaan, hutton,  etc

And these players were already developed but walked for nothing tragically, toffoli, tanev etc 

I know you cany hold on to everyone and this might be cherry picking but he was clearly terrible at it. This doesn't mention all the drafted flops that may have been something else Had they Been drafted elsewhere 

McCaan and Forsling sure. Though Forsling is on his 3rd team, Chicago gave up on him as well. Still hated the trade at the time, and same with McCaan. But he as well is on his 3rd team, I believe. Stetcher, Hutton and Gadjovich are not needle movers. Though I didn't like that we moved on from Gadjovich, he'd be nice to have in our bottom 6. I would take all of our defencemen over both of Stetcher and Hutton.

Not getting anything for Tanev hurt the most imo. Benning certainly had his faults (ahem, OEL and Eriksson) and it was time to move on, but the current Canucks core leading the conference was formed under him.

I see the PA/JR management situation similar to the situation that Gillis took over from Nonis. The core pieces were in place and laid by the predecessor.

8 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

BENNING IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO THIS FRANCHISE. AHHHHH IM SO ANGRY AT HIM. ASSET MANAGEMENT. PRO SCOUTING DEFICIENCIES. 

KEENAN AND MESSIER ring any bells. 

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Top 5 PP and PP1 Minutes not hard to figure out, not to mention Hronek is significantly better defensively than OEL basically on par at worst with Forsling and scores mor, not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp. 

Do you seriously think if Hronek was given the same PP time as OEL he wouldn't be able to outscore him?

As it stands OEL has 1 PP goal Hronek has 2, OEL has 10 PP Assists Hronek has 8.

Are you honestly trying to argue that Hronek couldn't possibly get 1 more assist with over 2 more PP minutes per game? 

Like honestly what is the point in bringing up OEL it actually damages your case.

You brought up the pp2 split, and my point was OEL. And I didn't say 2 minutes, you misread what I said. They play the same amount. You've some how managed to miss the point entirely while not providing anything at all to try to support your cause. Impressive.

45 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

You brought up the pp2 split, and my point was OEL. And I didn't say 2 minutes, you misread what I said. They play the same amount. You've some how managed to miss the point entirely while not providing anything at all to try to support your cause. Impressive.

Are you daft? OEL averages 2 minutes per game MORE PP time than Hronek. So no they do not play the same amount at all. 

40 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Are you daft? OEL averages 2 minutes per game MORE PP time than Hronek. So no they do not play the same amount at all. 

Ah, I see we have reached the point you start chucking insults. Predictable, it's your go to move. But let's explore.

Am I draft, let's find out. Source that OEL averages 2 minutes more pp per a game then Hronek? Both hockey reference and dobber say that the the difference is 25 seconds, not even close to 2 minutes.

Screenshot_20240307-185745.thumb.png.e05a0cf56c523946b4fd92a00f17f4b2.png

But, of course like you said, I'm daft, so why don't you go ahead and prove me wrong.

Edited by MeanSeanBean

16 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Ah, I see we have reached the point you start chucking insults. Predictable, it's your go to move. But let's explore.

Am I draft, let's find out. Source that OEL averages 2 minutes more pp per a game then Hronek? Both hockey reference and dobber say that the the difference is 25 seconds, not even close to 2 minutes.

Screenshot_20240307-185745.thumb.png.e05a0cf56c523946b4fd92a00f17f4b2.png

But, of course like you said, I'm daft, so why don't you go ahead and prove me wrong.

My apologies, my source did it by career toi I missed that in the headline.

but 1 point difference on PP is forgiveable especially with an 18 point difference in ES points and better defensive play. Regardless he is a Forsling level at worst defensively with star/near star level offensive skill. 

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

My apologies, my source did it by career toi I missed that in the headline.

but 1 point difference on PP is forgiveable especially with an 18 point difference in ES points and better defensive play. Regardless he is a Forsling level at worst defensively with star/near star level offensive skill. 

Thank you for acknowledging it. But seriously dude, there's no need to turn to insults so quickly in a conversation. It's particular bad when you're incorrect, but it's always unnecessary.

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Elliotte Friedman reported that there was some concern within the Vancouver organization that Brzustewicz was not going to sign with the team.

Paired with the fact the trade happened, it is quite obvious he wasn't.

that's quite the logic. As if Friedman is always correct as well...

1 hour ago, Psycho_Path said:

that's quite the logic. As if Friedman is always correct as well...

That comes out, then he’s traded he becomes a UFA this summer if not signed, not hard to connect the dots… 

Edited by canuck73_3