Feedback and Bugs

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

And today - on top level page.

image.thumb.png.dac788c5fe4dc5071641b42ce7d5f0a8.png

Seen for the first time today. Interesting how I never saw it before today.

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I kind of think of it as "Jaws".  Every time I load a page, I have the theme to Jaws running in the back of my mind, and then when I see it, the theme rises to its crescendo...

Ok, maybe not that dramatic.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, -AJ- said:

It's happened a couple times today too when I go back to the home page. Not every time but often. 

Just now, Pears said:

It's happened a couple times today too when I go back to the home page. Not every time but often. 

Yeah I'm seeing it more often now too. Weird that it didn't happen for like a few months while others had it and suddenly I'm having it now.

15 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah I'm seeing it more often now too. Weird that it didn't happen for like a few months while others had it and suddenly I'm having it now.

I don't even know what causes it to be triggered. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

The blue strip at the bottom “American hockey league is annoying. 

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm getting that too.

Mine turned white for a while, now it's back to blue (or maybe it's alternating).  It also showed up one time after I started scrolling down the top page (even though the page itself had loaded about 20 seconds prior and didn't initially have the tag thingy appear).

On 4/19/2024 at 8:43 AM, Ribs said:

That's some accurate targeted marketing right there.

I am 85% sure we don't all see the same ads...it is a bit of a window into ones surfing habits if one posts the ads they are seeing, generally speaking.

As for the blue strip weird irregular advert: that is all it is, and it randomly shows up when the script is reloaded by the advertisers who fund our forums. I think Ribs can get rid of it, temporarily, but it will come back when the script reloads until an ADMIN again has it removed.

I have never gotten tap to jiggle...dangit, but I do get bass guitar adverts, as I have openly talked about wanting to buy one over the last four months and I have little audio spies in every room of my house. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Is there any way to get rid of that annoying Blue Tag?

Thanks in advance.

@Ribs is there a mobile setting to get rid of this? I've tried clearing all data on chrome on my phone but it keeps coming back 

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

No now I'm getting one for "hockey equipment"

mine was gone.

then I clicked on "unread content" and now it wants to sell me jewelry!

I don't own, and I don't buy jewelry and I don't want shit like this popping up.

what if they start bugging me about what I do want?

then I'm hooped.

Anyone else getting logged out constantly?

I feel like I’m logging back in multiple times a day with the same device/browser I always use. 

I’ll go to respond to someone and I’ll be logged out, I log back in and it takes me back to the home page and I lose where I was in the thread. Mildly infuriating.