Thanks for Canucks Fan Forum

5 hours ago, Ribs said:

Thanks Reg! A big shout out to the Canucks front office as well though - it was really only their incredible incompetence that led us to a better place.

Thanks to you, I now have a craving for meat off a bone.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yeah a massive thanks to you all especially all the boys and girls putting in the effort to keep this going.

Very impressive, and to be honest, very mentally healing... was lost when they said CDC was closing down...

You mean, you weren’t excited about the possibility of going to HF Canucks to argue with the “I know everything” 25-30 year old kids there? (Because clearly - you understand everything about hockey if you understand WAR and advanced analytics).

Or the echo chamber consisting of grumpy old 55-70 year old incels known as Canuckscorner?  😆 You weren’t excited at the idea of joining?

Come on now. 😉

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Haha 1

I also wanted to say thank you.  I was very impressed with how quickly the new forum was up and running immediately after the shutdown of the old one.  Nearly seamless from a user point of view.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ribs said:

Thanks Reg! A big shout out to the Canucks front office as well though - it was really only their incredible incompetence that led us to a better place.

Seriously. Even if they didn't like the comments there you would think they'd at least try to monetize the traffic they got. CDC had to have been one of the largest forums in BC. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

You mean, you weren’t excited about the possibility of going to HF Canucks to argue with the “I know everything” 25 year old kids there? (Because clearly - you understand everything about hockey if you understand WAR and advanced analytics).

Or the echo chamber consisting of grumpy old 55-70 year old incels known as Canuckscorner?  😆 You weren’t excited at the idea of joining?

Come on now. 😉

😂😂

Lets just say I'm very happy here amomgst a huge bunch of good and great lads and ladies... 

I spend so much time hete now, I hardly have time to do anything else. 
Shear joy 😎👍🍺🏴‍☠️

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Seriously. Even if they didn't like the comments there you would think they'd at least try to monetize the traffic they got. CDC had to have been one of the largest forums in BC. 

Massive own goal by Aquilinis

• ThereItIs 4

On 3/8/2024 at 7:13 AM, AK-19 said:

In the NHL actually. They threw away A LOT of traffic that most web teams would kill for. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Yes, a big thanks to Ribs, and the mods too.

Quite remarkable that we really didn't miss a beat.  Same software I gather. Smooth transition. 

Canucks.com were idiots to shut down the board right on the cusp of contender status in the league.  All that hand wringing and "negative" content about management was all very understandable back at CDC given the teams perpetual choke jobs in the last decade.  If that was their reason to shut it down.  Now they'd find all kinds of positivity and praise for management....at least mostly.

Would be great to hear the inside story Ribs.  How it all went down. Were the Canucks in conversation with you? Where they cooperative and accommodating? Did they help in any way? Or were they mostly just silent and ignoring you and the CDC members. And it was all up to you and a few others?

If the way they've let the old site just turn into a ghost town joke and just let it keep going, implies they never did give a shit about it or the fans using it. And can't even be bothered to shut off the lights.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 9:03 PM, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

In the NHL actually. They threw away A LOT of traffic that most web teams would kill for. 

Ya, I don't really visit www.canucks.com site that much anymore. The odd time to buy a 50/50 ticket and look up some player stats, but go-to-knowledge banks I have:

1) my wife ... don't need Google with her around to impart knowledge on just about any subject at any time of the day

2) CFF for Canucks related postings, opinions and general laughs

Many companies pay good money to devise strategies on how to attract website traffic so Aquaman definitely sat on his balls when CDC was allowed to wither on the vine and die (a few last gasps). I wonder what the general thought process was behind that move and what the plan is going forward. I can't believe that there aren't competent people in the Canucks Marketing department that can't see the value of the traffic CDC was bringing to the Canucks site.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Thanks 1

Agree 100%. After so many years of CDC, it was literally upsetting to see it go down... like it was the end of an era. (Like it or not)

This new forum is a bit more relaxed with the rules which I also enjoy. But bottom line: Thank you SO much. True Canucks fans need a place to have discussions. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1