6 dead including 4 children in Ottawa mass killing

8 minutes ago, Canucks said:

So when I sent links showing that violent crime is up and the last 6 or 8 mass shooting in Canada involved migrants, that wasn’t good enough but the you post links with words and no actual proof and it’s good enough? Seems like a double standard that fits what you think……

4pete got there first, but this is the the thing about making bullshit statements....

You can be sure someone is going to post the truth and make you look like a fool....

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canucks 2.0 said:

What was said that could have violated the guidelines? Nothing violent, sexual, no explicit language or anything of the above.

IMG_2133.png

Sucker for punishment, what??

21 minutes ago, Leithal said:

Probably a good idea....

When you make a statement that is immediately proved false, you'd best waddle off quickly with your pants around your ankles....

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Leithal said:

Excuse me?

Asshole gets warned a couple of times, finally gets banned...immediately creates another account and comes back to same thread? Get over yourself. Where were you when he was being a twatwaffle earlier?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Leithal said:

https://www.boloprogram.org/

This is the problem with the interent.. you can kinda always find what you want. 

My opinion is that with more immigration then ever there will naturally be some of them that commit crimes. Just like any other race or group of people. in terms of % of crime for immigrants vs people born here the numbers are probably very similar.

Believe me I didn’t feel like researching his link on mass killings but if he wants to use it to prove a point about immigrants it should at least support his case…

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Leithal said:

I find it hilarious that you drop in out of nowhere and jump right into a conversation that went on a good portion of the afternoon yet here you are...low post count... no previous interest in the thread....defending someone who got himself banned.... who's alt are you? Like we can't guess.

• ThereItIs 2

6 hours ago, Canucks said:

I do not agree. 

I'm all for immigration but I agree with you, and it's one of the biggest reasons why both Canada and America (and anywhere for that matter) need to tighten up its borders and tighten up it's immigration policies.  We should always welcome people to migrate here but we really need to make sure that the people coming in share our values.  We also need to dish out stricter punishment.  This type of shit happens more frequently in both Canada and America because no one respect our Police anymore.   

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I'm all for immigration but I agree with you, and it's one of the biggest reasons why both Canada and America (and anywhere for that matter) need to tighten up its borders and tighten up it's immigration policies.  We should always welcome people to migrate here but we really need to make sure that the people coming in share our values.  We also need to dish out stricter punishment.  This type of shit happens more frequently in both Canada and America because no one respect our Police anymore.   

Tread carefully. 

34 minutes ago, Canucks said:

So when I sent links showing that violent crime is up and the last 6 or 8 mass shooting in Canada involved migrants, that wasn’t good enough but the you post links with words and no actual proof and it’s good enough? Seems like a double standard that fits what you think……

The proof is in the words but you have to read them to see it.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Freedom of Speech?  What is this, Communism?   

Ah yes. "Freedom speech." The only sentence uttered by the right wing more times than "I did my own research. "

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I like it when people in Canada talk about their first amendment rights 

Even down here in the US it amazes me how many people don't understand what the amendment actually protects them from.

And what it doesn't.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

A private Site. 

Anymore questions?

What did I say that was so objectionably offensive?     

Being born and raised in Canada, and having spent my collegiate years in the United States, and now residing in an Asian country, it disgusts me that we see mass shooting on a semi-regular basis in North America.  We never see any of that over here in Asia, be it South Korea, China, Japan (and if it does, it happens far less frequently than in the West).  Whether it's a Democratic country like South Korea or a something more authoritative like China, people here greatly respect the Police and the consequences for breaking the Law.  In my opinion, people in North America have far less respect for the Police since the laws and associated punishments aren't as severe.  This isn't just an opinion.  It's a fact.

And I do concede that my segue into Immigration policies were a bit careless. My point in bringing it up wasn't to discourage immigration (I actually clearly stated otherwise), but rather, to point out that tightening up our immigration policies (i.e. welcoming immigration but being more thorough) would further lead to less violence and mass shootings.  That's not to say that "all immigrants are responsible for these crimes"......that would be a ridiculous comment. Many homegrown citizens have engaged in similar behavior as well (whether it's more, less, an equal amount, etc., is not for me to say).

All I'm saying is that the West needs to smarten up.  This type of shit shouldn't be happening and it almost never happens in countries like China, Japan, South Korea, and Singapore.  

@King Heffy @Alflives @Bob Long @StrayDog @Cerridwen - I hope this does clarify my stance. I'm not "anti-immigration."

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

1 minute ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

And I do concede that my segue into Immigration policies were a bit careless. My point in bringing it up wasn't to discourage immigration (I actually clearly stated otherwise), but rather, to point out that tightening up our immigration policies (i.e. welcoming immigration but being more thorough) would further lead to less violence and mass shootings.  

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

The research does not support your hypothesis.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

39 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Ah yes. "Freedom speech." The only sentence uttered by the right wing more times than "I did my own research. "

FWIW, I'm an independent.  

What research do you want to see exactly?   That mass gun shootings in Asia are significantly less than that of Western countries?   That laws and subsequent punishment in Asian countries tend to be far more severe and less forgiving than that of North American countries? (which ultimately has lead to people respecting the Police far more in Asian countries?).  Is this a matter of "doing more research?" or is it a matter of basic observation and basic common sense?

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The research does not support your hypothesis.

My hypothesis (did I have one?) has absolutely nothing to do with immigrants causing more crime/gun shootings in Canada/America than born-and-raised citizens, and I'm sorry if you felt I was saying otherwise.  

My basic stance is that Western Countries need to smarten up.  Tighten up gun laws (would a "right winger" say this?), increase the police budget, make laws and punishment more strict, and tighten up immigration policies (while still encouraging immigration) so that the very best and morally responsible immigrants are coming to Canada.  Everyone in the West needs to step up their games to prevent senseless crimes. Asian countries, by comparison, are light years ahead of us in this regard. That's my stance.  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek