Podz-Miller-Hogz

Mik-Suter-Garland

Beav-Blug-Joshua

Huggy-Julssun

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Demko

Desmith

Hopefully we can trade Beau for a second or prospect and gain some more cap space , I don’t see a fit for home on our lineup and would rather someone with more size and grit in his spot on the 4th line … trade beau and add PDG??

with Pearson off things are interesting.

on opening night, Mikheyev should be still on IR.

Kuzmenko - Petey - Boeser

Beauvilliers - Miller - Garland

Hoglander - Suter - Podkolzin

Di Giuseppe - Blueger - Joshua

Hughes Soucy

Cole Hronek

Irwin Myers

Demko

deSmith

Edited by DexM94

14 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

With the trading of Pearson and with Poolman on LTIR- give me your 2023/2024 Canucks NHL Roster for opening night

Your lineup looks good, especially if Millers line continues to take matchups. 

If we want Suter to take matchups, then I might try Mikheyev on the third line, and move Högs up to the second.  

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikheyev (if healthy)
Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Beauvillier - Suter - Garland

Joshua - Blueger - Podkolzin

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

(Hirose/Irwin/Wolanin) - Myers

Demko

DeSmith

PDG, Dries, Irwin

Edited by Esmond
  • Huggy Bear 1

Milky- Petey - Kuzy

19 minutes ago, Esmond said:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikheyev (if healthy)

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Beauvillier - Suter - Garland

Joshua - Blueger - Podkolzin

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

(Hirose/Irwin/Wolanin) - Myers

Demko

DeSmith

PDG, Dries, Irwin

This is what I would do.

45 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

oh yeah agree 

I had meant to delete, I agree entirely with your lineup, Hogz and Podz need to take a step.

Agreed. Like that lineup too.

reuniting Högs - JTM - Boes, who played well together in the bubble.

Also giving Högs a long look in the top 6 as a skilled pest. He’s a great playmaker and hard-working ‘wall guy,’ so hoping he becomes a Tocchet favourite. 

Edited by Huggy Bear

Kuzmenko - Petey - Beauvillier (get his scoring up next to Kuz and Petey and hopefully trade new Beau soon as pending UFA)
Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser (when Beau gets traded I hope Boeser gets 1RW spot and then Hoglander or Pod can come up to L2)
Garland - Suter - Podkolzin (not the biggest lineup but Conor's playmaking should help both these shooters, and Pius and Pod can be the defensive presence)
Hoglander - Blueger - Joshua (hope they cycle Hoglander through the lineup with whoever's underachieving, but he's got the grit and defense to help here; when Hoglander moves up then we can bring in PDG or Aman)

Hughes - Cole/ Soucy (either the Cup winning Cole, or the guy with term in Soucy should get a shot to play with Cap)
Soucy/ Cole - Hronek
Hirose/ Irwin - Myers

Demko

DeSmith

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Phil_314 said:

Kuzmenko - Petey - Beauvillier (get his scoring up next to Kuz and Petey and hopefully trade new Beau soon as pending UFA)
Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser (when Beau gets traded I hope Boeser gets 1RW spot and then Hoglander or Pod can come up to L2)
Garland - Suter - Podkolzin (not the biggest lineup but Conor's playmaking should help both these shooters, and Pius and Pod can be the defensive presence)
Hoglander - Blueger - Joshua (hope they cycle Hoglander through the lineup with whoever's underachieving, but he's got the grit and defense to help here; when Hoglander moves up then we can bring in PDG or Aman)

Hughes - Cole/ Soucy (either the Cup winning Cole, or the guy with term in Soucy should get a shot to play with Cap)
Soucy/ Cole - Hronek
Hirose/ Irwin - Myers

Demko

DeSmith

I like it. Appreciate the line-by-line rationale

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Soucy/ Cole - Hronek
Hirose/ Irwin - Myers

Demko

DeSmith

I like this but.... 

Mik-Petey- Kuz

Garlund -JT- Boeser

Hogz blue podz.

Ok, I will bite.

1. The question in the OP is about the opening night roster.  There is a good chance that Mik will not be ready for opening night. However, I will assume that he is for this post.

2. A lot of posts have reasonable suggestions. There are lots of possibilities. At this stage it is a question of how guys show in the preseason. Hogs, for example, could be anywhere from the first line to the press box. But here are my my guesses.

1st line: Petey between Kuz and Mik. (They were excellent together last year.)

2nd line: Miller between Boeser and Beau. (Tocchet used Miller, Boes, and PDG against tough competition late last season and they did well. But this year Beau gets a chance to show he belongs in the top 6 to start the season.)

3rd line: Suter between Garland and Podz (This should be a good two-way line.)

4th line: Bluegar between Joshua and Hogs. (Hogs gets to show that he can play responsibly in the bottom 6)

extra forward: Aman or Dries

D1: Hughes and Cole

D2: Soucy and Hronek

D3: Wolanin and Myers

extras. Irwin and Juulsen

Goal: Demko and DeSmith

LTIR: Poolman

That is a cap-compliant 23 man roster with one guy on  LTIR.

Here are some longshot possibilities.

1. If Mik is injured to start the season, Hogs could a look on the first line.

2. PDG could be on the second line with Miller and Boes if Beau is not good enough in pre-season. Or Podz could earn this spot.

3. Tocchet said again in the opening press conference that he likes D to play on their natural side. Maybe Juulsen gets a change to play with Hughes, They did well together last year. If so, then Cole plays with Hronek and Soucy plays with Myers.  Also, Tocchet said he was impressed with McWard. If McWard has a good preseason, he could be on the team instead of Juulsen and he could get a look with Hughes.

3. Either Sasson or Raty could have a great preseason and make the team at 4C, moving Bluegar to the wing. That is a longshot, but you heard it here first.

Edited by JamesB