[Trade] Guentzel to Carolina

13 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

Lindholm we gave our 5th best prospect and a 1st.    Guentzel got a second and no top 5 prospects.

Maybe we think we can sign Lindholm. Where as Guentzel might be un signable for Carolina. If he wants to leave Pitt , why would he choose Carolina 

/?

23 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

Screenshot_20240307_204810_Threads.thumb.jpg.2b1e28992ebc0d8ad85dbd77fa70060e.jpg

What happened to quality over quantity? The first round pick turns into second round of canes don't reach the finals. Unless one of those prospect is grade A how is this the best offer on the table...

Dubas must really value Bunting...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Well if the prospects hit then Carolina gave up a lot. Issue is more prospects flop then hit. On the flip side if Brzustewicz flops did we pay a lot?

Mental gymnastics. I don't get it..

19 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

Lindholm we gave our 5th best prospect and a 1st.    Guentzel got a second and no top 5 prospects.

Pretty sure the 3 prospects were all amongst the top 10 for Carolina; #6, 7, & 9 according to the Athletic.  I think all 3 were performing above their draft positions and were very solid prospects.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Pretty underwhelming given the hype.

And y'all were worried we were giving up Willander, Lekkerimaki and our next 3 firsts 🤣

4 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Pretty sure the 3 prospects were all amongst the top 10 for Carolina; #6, 7, & 9 according to the Athletic.  I think all 3 were performing above their draft positions and were very solid prospects.

Yeah all 3 of these guys probably would’ve been top 5 prospects in our system. Especially if you take into account on what all 3 have done this year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It is, but given what was being thrown around as the ask for Vancouver, and correspondingly that we were out because the price was too high.... It seems, as the kids would say, "mid".

It feels underwhelming at first glance, but it's essentially three 2nds, a 4th, and a middle six forward.

I don't think the Canucks could have matched that unless we gave one of our better prospects, which would be too costly.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I'm also glad that we didn't trade for Guentzel.    

We already have enough small and talented Top 6 Forwards. 

Although Guentzel plays bigger than he is, I don't think this would have been the type of game to age well as far as chronic injuries go.  

Signing Guentzel to a long term deal would have been risky and acquiring him would have cost one or more of Podz, Lekkerimaki, or Hoglander.  

I still think Lindholm has use for us despite having struggled so far.  Play him with Mikheyev and Suter and get them to form a supreme shut down line.  

Re-unite Lotto Line + Put the Bluegar/Garland line back together (PDG plays with them until Joshua returns).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It feels underwhelming at first glance, but it's essentially three 2nds, a 4th, and a middle six forward.

I don't think the Canucks could have matched that unless we gave one of our better prospects, which would be too costly.

Feels underwhelming at second glance too 🤣

36 minutes ago, Wing said:

What happened to quality over quantity? The first round pick turns into second round of canes don't reach the finals. Unless one of those prospect is grade A how is this the best offer on the table...

Dubas must really value Bunting...

Yeah, if this deal out bid us. We must have been much lower on Guentzel than the media stated.

11 minutes ago, 24K said:

And the Pens wanted Leki and a first from us. 

Maybe the rumor are true that teams are trying to fleece PA. 

More likely the rumors are straight out the ass.

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

2 hours ago, 24K said:

We seriously over paid for Lindholm. PA should have put a condition on that first like every other trade we seen.

I'll give them a pass on this one. They were trying to get Lindholm as a rental + security that Pettersson doesn't sign and we'll trade him in the middle of this season. 

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

We couldn't compete with Carolina. They had way too much resources than we did. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 24K said:

We seriously over paid for Lindholm. PA should have put a condition on that first like every other trade we seen.

Maybe Canucks can trade Lindholm back to Calgary for Kuzmenko 🤪

3 hours ago, LB28 said:

I like Lindholm but then why did we pay so much for Lindholm?

Im telling you Benning is still secretly lurking in Canucks offices making decisions 😂

• Haha 1