[PGT] Vancouver at Vegas

11 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Myers takes a lot of unfair abuse at times especially after playing much better this season. Theres no doubt hes better than some you mentioned here and has improved for sure. The "Chaos" label is not unfair however. here are times when he just seems to lose his head and fumble the puck. Every D man makes mistakes but you can see the calming influence that Soucy has brought back to the team. I look forward to Myers being back . He adds a lot of good things to the team. I just dont want him playing premiere minutes against the top lines of the other team. Hes a 5-6 guy not a 1-2. Hes much better when used less. 

He seems to rush and panic a bit when up against first line players. Playing him a bit less and matched against 3rd and 4th lines might be a way to maximize his role. A bit of time in front of the net on the 2nd PP might be good too.

1 hour ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

He seems to rush and panic a bit when up against first line players. Playing him a bit less and matched against 3rd and 4th lines might be a way to maximize his role. A bit of time in front of the net on the 2nd PP might be good too.

I think Lingy should be net front as his first two games he had deflection goals 

• Like 1

What would have a second line center have fetched in the TdL market? 

What would a 6’6”250 lbs defenseman who can skate, pass and move the puck as well as he crushes the opposition fetch? 

How many teams would be looking for such players? Oh right…..every team. 

• Cheers 3

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
22 hours ago, IBatch said:

Juulsen is for sure the unsung hero.   Getting his due lately.   Who's going to sit when Myers is back?   Tough to take Juulsen out isn't it?   That makes him at least a solid number 5.   This is the first time in over a decade, we've had 7 legit NHL defenseman. 

I think Cole will get some maintenance nights off, probably as playoffs get closer everybody on the back end will get a game or two in the press box so that they're fresh when the second season starts. That's the benefit of being so good early, you get to rest guys down the stretch once you clinch. I expect some forwards to get nights off as we approach the playoffs as well.