[PGT] Vancouver at Vegas

3 minutes ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

Guy sees one liberal AI generated tiktok video and all of a sudden thinks he has a poli-sci degree.

Guy actually has a BA in Communications with a minor in History and an MA Political Science, and I've never had a tictok account.

• Haha 3

I like these lines, they looked like they were building chemistry. This is a deep team. 

1st line. Mikheyev. Miller. Boeser (finally, been calling for this since we got Mikheyev)

2nd/3rd line.  Hoglander. Petey. PDG 

2nd/3rd line.  Garland. Lindholm. Podkolzin.  (LPG line?)

Edited by Pure961089

3 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

What a great knight!! Got to meet couple of players, Casey DeSmith and Noah Juulsen! Also Shorty, Dave, and Murph!

Sadly, rest of the team went into the bus, didn’t come over to greet us. Hopefully next month! 

PS. Also, some old egghead was wearing a Bruins jersey came over to the gathering to mock them… smh 🙄

IMG_7756.thumb.jpeg.161bb076cdcb0930ac42650c71294c40.jpegIMG_7757.thumb.jpeg.06d499c8eebf75b3a43966aa834029ec.jpegIMG_7758.thumb.jpeg.bac5a2841fb1d6525c1f5aab7f0fb4db.jpegIMG_7759.thumb.jpeg.c1681c377f63592f35f9c89d587fee32.jpeg

Brilliant pictures... Looks like you had a blast... Enjoy 🙂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Brilliant pictures... Looks like you had a blast... Enjoy 🙂

I'm a big fan of Juulsen's, he's worked his ass off to earn the coach's trust, and I think has earned a top six position next year.

Also, I love Shorty, he's the best in the game right now.

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Suter? It would be hard to see him out of the lineup given how sneaky well he has played

Don't see Suter not playing... If anyone goes to the Press Box it'll likely be Podz, and Suter on Millers line... He earned it.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Slegr said:

Mikheyev actually played well. There is hope!

Ive been saying Miller can fix anyone! Its only been 3 games, and look! Now if miller or BB can just bounce one in off his skates he is fixed.

• MillerTime 1

4 hours ago, Pears said:

Then if you're able to go get Toffoli and Greenway tomorrow...

Höglander - Pettersson - Toffoli

Podkolzin - Miller - Boeser

Greenway - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

that group could go toe to toe with anyone. 

Well, yeah, but..... We can go toe to tow with anyone now....

So why give any of our future away?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

if we play like we did tonight, then yes, i think we can take them maybe. In a seven game series, I dunno, I think they would wear us down. Their defense is so big, eventually, their coach is going to tell them to play physical with us. Not sure if we can hold up. 

They simply aren't the same team we played in the bubble,  size wise, and our team is nothing like the one in the bubble.    Patches and Tuch was larger half of that forward group, that was doing the ground and pound on Stetcher, QHs, and even Tanev and skating around Edler like he wasn't there.     Myers could handle them and did at maybe 80% when he returned.    Edler was good at clearing the net and that's about it really, and even that wasn't very good. 

Now we've got Cole,  Zadarov, Soucy and Juulsen added to the mix a massive physical upgrade, that could easily grind their forwards down to mush.     Even with QHs and Hronek, our D is the scary one.    Although theirs is awfully big too.    Last time we hung with them and it was all Demko.    Tochett also uses the five man box at times in a different way - the forwards though, are deployed in a totally different way.   They won't be shying away from Hague and McNab like last time.   And for those bringing up Toffoli, he was a pussycat last time, played the puck like it was a hot potatoe, did everything to avoid contact, so no thanks.    Rather have Podz throwing his weight around. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

good win great game by hog but the PP still looks awful.. pretty sure i saw a 5 man unit of hronek hughes miller boeser ep at one point.. but EP was at the right point while hronek was down on the left wing?? the 2nd pp who the heck is the setup man? i see suter hoglander lindholm podkolzin and hronek.. none of them is a playmaker. 

@Ribs Can we please get a Debbie Downer icon?

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

@Ribs Can we please get a Debbie Downer icon?

lol, not to mention, it was a 15 second 5-3, and we scored about 16  into it  (QHs).   And earlier in that PP, Hill got pretty lucky.  

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Good win, still feeling it this morning.

It's easy to forget in the moment, i've been guilty of it, but remember you can just ignore people here. I don't enjoy doing it but some things aren't worth it. 

wizard of oz film GIF

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Vintage 1

Great win, watched it after work. Good for PDG. Good for Huggy. Garland is a pro. Miller is steady. Petie looking more engaged, good game. 

This was a great road win. Have to commend the coaches on this win. 

Mik had a great game, as a bottom 6 checker. His game has changed, a great bottom 6 bit we already have enough of those. Trade and retain. Get a Greenway type. 

That holding call on Gar was pretty sketchy but overall a good called game by the refs. 

I hope we add a good hitting energy forward at a reasonable price. But I don't want to sell the future of Lekk, Willander or Podz to get a rental.

7 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Its wild how big of a difference one Soucy on the team makes!

It's wild how big a difference no Myers on the team makes! 3-0 without his dumb giveaways and penalties 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • Wiener 1

24 minutes ago, mmkk said:

It's wild how big a difference no Myers on the team makes! 3-0 without his dumb giveaways and penalties 

it's wild how you guys just randomly hate on a guy without context.. he has 3 more penalties than JT Miller 4 more than cole.. 19 less giveaway than hronek 14 less than QH and Miller 8 less than Cole.. he's been decent this year the way you guys talk about him you'd think he's leading the team in giveaway pim and every single negative stats on the team when it's simply not true.. soucy makes the defence better sure.. but he played 1/3 of the games this season and the canucks were 1st place without him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, mmkk said:

I do feel like we operate better without Myers in games where we keep to our structure. Soucy is so good he raises cole's game too and they have a good combination going. Zad and juulsen have both been great lately too so i don't view myers as an automatic selection. Be good to rotate for fatigue/injuries too before postseason

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I do feel like we operate better without Myers in games where we keep to our structure. Soucy is so good he raises cole's game too and they have a good combination going. Zad and juulsen have both been great lately too so i don't view myers as an automatic selection. Be good to rotate for fatigue/injuries too before postseason

Certainly gives us a feel of what it would look like if Myers is gone next year.  Would love to see Tanev back.  Gives us a very solid group then.

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Tanev

Zadorov-Juulsen

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

So he's a more expensive Jay Beagle. Nice 

You can clearly see he's starting to find a groove here.  Just a matter of time now before the offence starts coming.  He got on the scoreboard last night.  I expect more will come now that he seems to have found some chemistry with Garland.