[PGT] Vancouver at Vegas

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

it's wild how you guys just randomly hate on a guy without context.. he has 3 more penalties than JT Miller 4 more than cole.. 19 less giveaway than hronek 14 less than QH and Miller 8 less than Cole.. he's been decent this year the way you guys talk about him you'd think he's leading the team in giveaway pim and every single negative stats on the team when it's simply not true.. soucy makes the defence better sure.. but he played 1/3 of the games this season and the canucks were 1st place without him. 

QHs/Soucy/Zadarov/Cole     Hronek/Myers/Juulsen   

Who would folks rather have?  Del Zotto?  Hutton? Stetcher?    Guess who's going to sit out when Myers is back ... doubt it's "Myers".   They need to stay living in the present.   We don't have just Edler/Tanev, a young phenom plus Myers anymore.   Like then, it sure makes a big difference just adding ONE legit D to the group.   We have 7 now.   Nobody craps all over Hronek when his gaffes  end up on our net.   Whipping boy.   Time to find a new whipping post.    And when the heck, did "PIMs" become so "negative?".     This isn't European hockey (yet anyways).   TO sure liked Schenn last playoffs, and I sure hope that Myers plays the exact same way this off season, half his PMs are because he's too tall and gets called for it, 

Edited by IBatch
  • MillerTime 1

9 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

What a great knight!! Got to meet couple of players, Casey DeSmith and Noah Juulsen! Also Shorty, Dave, and Murph!

Sadly, rest of the team went into the bus, didn’t come over to greet us. Hopefully next month! 

PS. Also, some old egghead was wearing a Bruins jersey came over to the gathering to mock them… smh 🙄

IMG_7756.thumb.jpeg.161bb076cdcb0930ac42650c71294c40.jpegIMG_7757.thumb.jpeg.06d499c8eebf75b3a43966aa834029ec.jpegIMG_7758.thumb.jpeg.bac5a2841fb1d6525c1f5aab7f0fb4db.jpegIMG_7759.thumb.jpeg.c1681c377f63592f35f9c89d587fee32.jpeg

That’s awesome. On the broadcast it sounded like there was a lot of Canucks fans there!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Who would folks rather have?  Del Zotto?  Hutton? Stetcher?    Guess who's going to sit out when Myers is back ... doubt it's "Myers".   They need to stay living in the present.   We don't have just Edler/Tanev, a young phenom plus Myers anymore.   Like then, it sure makes a big difference just adding ONE legit D to the group.   We have 7 now.   Nobody craps all over Hronek when his gaffes  end up on our net.   Whipping boy.   Time to find a new whipping post. 

Myers takes a lot of unfair abuse at times especially after playing much better this season. Theres no doubt hes better than some you mentioned here and has improved for sure. The "Chaos" label is not unfair however. here are times when he just seems to lose his head and fumble the puck. Every D man makes mistakes but you can see the calming influence that Soucy has brought back to the team. I look forward to Myers being back . He adds a lot of good things to the team. I just dont want him playing premiere minutes against the top lines of the other team. Hes a 5-6 guy not a 1-2. Hes much better when used less. 

Edited by Mikeyman109
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Who would folks rather have?  Del Zotto?  Hutton? Stetcher?    Guess who's going to sit out when Myers is back ... doubt it's "Myers".   They need to stay living in the present.   We don't have just Edler/Tanev, a young phenom plus Myers anymore.   Like then, it sure makes a big difference just adding ONE legit D to the group.   We have 7 now.   Nobody craps all over Hronek when his gaffes  end up on our net.   Whipping boy.   Time to find a new whipping post.    And when the heck, did "PIMs" become so "negative?".     This isn't European hockey (yet anyways).   TO sure liked Schenn last playoffs, and I sure hope that Myers plays the exact same way this off season, half his PMs are because he's too tall and gets called for it, 

to be fair.... I would love Stecher back. I have no idea who we would sit out though. Hronek seems to have worse gaffs than Myers but no one says anything.

7 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Still I'd be scared to face Vegas. Hopefully the standings shape in a way Vancouver faces Nashville and Vegas ends up in the Central Division bracket.

If Nashville secures the 1st Wild Card spot maybe Vancouver has to drop some games so the 1st place Central Division is higher in the standings?

I’m really not worried about which team they will face. If they play their game, they a have a chance against anyone.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

Guy sees one liberal AI generated tiktok video and all of a sudden thinks he has a poli-sci degree.

6 hours ago, NucksNation said:

Oh look another moronic Biden supporter. World has been in shambles since Trump left and sleepy Joe took over. 

Let’s keep this a hockey discussion.

• Thanks 1

One of the best (all round) team games of the season. Other then some tiny F-ups, it was nearly a perfect road game. They used the bench effectively.

That's two in a row actually. This is what we've been waiting for. demoralizing and frustrating the good teams. 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

59 minutes ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

Now imagine Taffoli playing with him instead of Suter......

https://x.com/PR_NHL/status/1765953789645795611?s=20

It's not like EP has had chopped liver to play with.   Bure didn't need anyone really.   Imagine QHs  dishing passes instead of Lumme.   Put Odjick on EPs wing for a year, and see how many tap-ins EP would dish Odjick, and watch those miss.   2-1's back then, we're a lot harder to create as well.     As for the power play, think it's pretty equal with JT and Brock, Horvat.     

Bure was a one man line, didn't matter who he played with.   He'd score goals.    Bure's "slumps" were a 40 goal pace.    I'd bet in today's game, he'd have scored 400, in 300 or less.   No redline, no obstruction.   Less murdering.      At least EP would have had a protector though.   But he wouldn't be slapping pucks at over 90mph often with wooden sticks either.    And not sure he'd survived the game back then either.   Definitely not past the mid 90's.     The Sedins could barely manage it, and they didn't have to for long after the lockout, and that era was also tougher then the one we are in right now (circa 2010, which was a lot tamer then 2000) .    So if we are going to do this, let's do it right. 

Still it's an amazing accomplishment (and the entire team would have had his back then ... so pretty sure he'd survived).   And grateful we have him.   Next up JT Miller.   Toffoli - move on man.    Don't get that obsession, might as well start pining for Geoff Sanderson.   Plus Suter also replaced PDG on the top line for awhile.   As in Millers line.    Now Mikheyev is looking a lot better.     If EP was a threat to score a goal, every time he was on the ice - then we get some perspective.   Without anyone else but the puck on his stick.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's not like EP has had chopped liver to play with.   Bure didn't need anyone really.   Imagine QHs  dishing passes instead of Lumme.   Put Odjick on EPs wing for a year, and see how many tap-ins EP would dish Odjick, and watch those miss.   2-1's back then, we're a lot harder to create as well.     As for the power player, think it's pretty equal with JT and Brock, Horvat.     

Bure was a one man line, didn't matter who he played with.   He'd score goals.    Bure's "slumps" were a 40 goal pace.    I'd bet in today's game, he'd have scored 400, in 300 or less.   No redline, no obstruction.   Less murdering.  

Taffers would for sure make Petterson the actual 1st line on the team.

Just saying. Petey needs a partner, and it might be Hogs, looking really great there. Podz might too on the other wing.

Taffoli could just as easy play with JT and Brock and fit right in.

I am loving our 3rd line with Lindholm... imagine when Joshua is back too.

4th line needed someone like Bluger. They can move the play out of dzone as good as anyone.

We are so close to having 4 lines that are better than many teams first 2 lines.

Edited by TUSK v2.0
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

They gotta figure this out… you need a strong power play in the playoffs 

special teams gotta be special 

They are practicing the lack of PP and wins game with 5 on 5 for a while.  In the playoffs, you do not normally get the calls.  They might not show their hands and work on passes.  I think that they'll shoot a lot more in the playoffs with many perfect passes that they have practiced during the regular season.  I have seen perfect pass that is in their wheelhouse and ability to have lot of possession time in the offensive zone during the PP.  Just my theory why PP didn't go well lately.

5 minutes ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

Taffers would for sure make Petterson the actual 1st line on the team.

Just saying. Petey needs a partner, and it might be Hogs, looking really great there. Podz might too on the other wing.

Taffoli could just as easy play with JT and Brock and fit right in.

I am loving our 3rd line with Lindholm... imagine when Joshua is back too.

4th line needed someone like Bluger. They can move the play out of dzone as good as anyone.

We are so close to having 4 lines that are better than many teams first 2 lines.

I don't have the same boner for this guy as a lot seem to do.   Love to be wrong, just don't see the same obsession.    Tyler Toffoli is getting some sort of legendary status, that Sundin had and at least he was a HHOFer, albiet a rather garden variety one for his era. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Toffoli gone to the Jets. 

Thank god.   Sure hope to see him disappear once the hitting starts if we get the opportunity. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

I don't have the same boner for this guy as a lot seem to do.   Love to be wrong, just don't see the same obsession.    Tyler Toffoli is getting some sort of legendary status, that Sundin had and at least he was a HHOFer, albiet a rather garden variety one for his era. 

Toffoli played TEN reg season games for us. He had 4 points in 7 playoff games. Totally disappeared against Vegas.

i liked him, but yah too much hype.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Captkirk888 said:

Toffoli played TEN reg season games for us. He had 4 points in 7 playoff games. Totally disappeared against Vegas.

i liked him, but yah too much hype.

Yes.    Geoff Sanderson 2.0 minus the playoffs, and minus being 25 or so and already scoring 40-45 goals twice already.   Was way more excited about that trade.    At least Toffoli scored a couple goals though. 

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes.    Geoff Sanderson 2.0 minus the playoffs, and minus being 25 or so and already scoring 40-45 goals twice already.   Was way more excited about that trade.    At least Toffoli scored a couple goals though. 

Yah, I was excited when Sanderson was aquired the first time, but he did nothing offensively and was gone after a coffee.

he actually did much better the second time he joined us, but again for another cup of coffee…

1 hour ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Myers takes a lot of unfair abuse at times especially after playing much better this season. Theres no doubt hes better than some you mentioned here and has improved for sure. The "Chaos" label is not unfair however. here are times when he just seems to lose his head and fumble the puck. Every D man makes mistakes but you can see the calming influence that Soucy has brought back to the team. I look forward to Myers being back . He adds a lot of good things to the team. I just dont want him playing premiere minutes against the top lines of the other team. Hes a 5-6 guy not a 1-2. Hes much better when used less. 

The angst from some fans, including me, about Myers use is that he is not "used less".   He plays monster minutes still. He's out for important PKs at ends of games. Why?  I agree, Tyler is usable as a D but playing at half of what Tocchet uses him. But for some reason coaches get mesmerized by his size. And its true, Myers can make some plays that others couldn't. He has made some great plays with just his stick reach.  He can intimidate forecheckers just with his size alone bearing down. A wall like that has value simply because he takes away space through blocking shots, simply getting in the way.  Its why a player like Stecher, who may be a smarter player, have such less value.

But a diligent Canuck fan has to ask themselves at what point are those advantages negated...looking at the big picture...on balance because of his gaffes, and dumb  penalties all at the worst possible time in the game.  He literally hands the puck back to the opposition 2 or 3 times a game in the defensive zone. Most times other players, mostly Demko, covers for him. I'm not saying other players don't make dumb mistakes too. I'd put Hronek, Boeser, and even Miller and Petey on that list. But Myers takes it to a whole other level. He can be fine for most of the game, but the times he has a brain fart, are the very worst times in games.

Its been nice watching games without that tension, whenever he is going for a puck retrieval, wondering if he'll be able to handle someone half his size from stealing the puck from him. That or knowing if you wait long enough Myers will simply pass it back to someone from the other team in a panic.  It happens way too many times.  If fact, I'll say it...he has cost us close scoring losses. There have been a lot of games we've lost by a goal, and he has been directly or indirectly responsible for at least one goal against.  I shudder to think of him in a tight and tense playoff game. Especially if he's still gifted high minutes.

• Cheers 4

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

luckily for us there ain't much PP in the playoff.. but i would love for the PP to play with more pace and throw more puck into traffic and shooting the puck even if it's at a player.. there's not much PP in the playoff but it's a momentum changer if and when u get them

Interesting you say that. My memory of playoff hockey is that Special teams is crucial, because games are usually tighter checking and lower scoring. IF there aren't many PPs that is too the Canucks advantage because they score most of their goals 5 on 5.

• Thanks 1