[PGT] Vancouver at Vegas

11 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

When its late in the game and you can rest well knowing Myers and his panicked decisions are not going to hurt the team tonight.  Made me realize he is expendable. 

If we can re-sign Zadorov, we gotta let Myers go. We have a really solid defense right now. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • Wiener 1

17 minutes ago, kilgore said:

The angst from some fans, including me, about Myers use is that he is not "used less".   He plays monster minutes still. He's out for important PKs at ends of games. Why?  I agree, Tyler is usable as a D but playing at half of what Tocchet uses him. But for some reason coaches get mesmerized by his size. And its true, Myers can make some plays that others couldn't. He has made some great plays with just his stick reach.  He can intimidate forecheckers just with his size alone bearing down. A wall like that has value simply because he takes away space through blocking shots, simply getting in the way.  Its why a player like Stecher, who may be a smarter player, have such less value.

But a diligent Canuck fan has to ask themselves at what point are those advantages negated...looking at the big picture...on balance because of his gaffes, and dumb  penalties all at the worst possible time in the game.  He literally hands the puck back to the opposition 2 or 3 times a game in the defensive zone. Most times other players, mostly Demko, covers for him. I'm not saying other players don't make dumb mistakes too. I'd put Hronek, Boeser, and even Miller and Petey on that list. But Myers takes it to a whole other level. He can be fine for most of the game, but the times he has a brain fart, are the very worst times in games.

Its been nice watching games without that tension, whenever he is going for a puck retrieval, wondering if he'll be able to handle someone half his size from stealing the puck from him. That or knowing if you wait long enough Myers will simply pass it back to someone from the other team in a panic.  It happens way too many times.  If fact, I'll say it...he has cost us close scoring losses. There have been a lot of games we've lost by a goal, and he has been directly or indirectly responsible for at least one goal against.  I shudder to think of him in a tight and tense playoff game. Especially if he's still gifted high minutes.

Once the playoffs begin we will need depth on D. Myers isnt our first choice for front line minutes but can be serviceable if he isnt in our top 4. I would say at this point Jullsen has passed him on the trust meter. Myers has a role its just not over 15 mins a game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Once the playoffs begin we will need depth on D. Myers isnt our first choice for front line minutes but can be serviceable if he isnt in our top 4. I would say at this point Jullsen has passed him on the trust meter. Myers has a role its just not over 15 mins a game.

I agree.   I just hope Tocchet agrees with you too.  Myer's size has gotten him way more minutes than is good for him.  The temptation is too great for most coaches.  It scares me that one significant injury on the back end, and Myers might get bumped into a top 4 role going into the playoffs.

• Wiener 1

15 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's kind of amazing....and a sure sign.

I've had this little clock for years and it stopped working but I couldn't part with it. No word of a lie...I just noticed that out of the blue it's started working again!

I'm convinced the hockey Gods are starting to work some magic for us.

432066054_10160801009865549_774185893780

St Patricks Day Beer GIF by Miller Lite GIFs

Imagine if the clock stopped back in 2011 when we lost game seven in the SCF…

the significance of the clock coming back to life right now would be kinda intense…

Dang…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

That’s awesome. On the broadcast it sounded like there was a lot of Canucks fans there!

Yeah there was a lot of go Canucks go, and VGK was trying to drown it out with go knights go

• Haha 1

One of the best things about the Big 9 home stand is the time between games.

3 days off after winnipeg, plenty of 2 day breaks, no back to backs. Lots of time to fix the powerplay.

IMG_5213.jpeg

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
d

3 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

St Patricks Day Beer GIF by Miller Lite GIFs

Imagine if the clock stopped back in 2011 when we lost game seven in the SCF…

the significance of the clock coming back to life right now would be kinda intense…

Dang…

I believe in signs..., it is a significant one in my books

• MillerTime 1

54 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

One of the best things about the Big 9 home stand is the time between games.

3 days off after winnipeg, plenty of 2 day breaks, no back to backs. Lots of time to fix the powerplay.

IMG_5213.jpeg

Great for the boys, terrible for going stir crazy waiting for the next game 🤣

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

What a ridiculous statement.

I think he meant it as you interpreted 

however, I believe the real reason nothing got done today was because all the women were at a photo shoot so theres was no one in officeto do the hard-work

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1