[PGT] Vancouver at Vegas

3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Toff probs too pricy…

me thinks…

Jersey looking to contend probably by next season and they don't see him as part of it. High ozone starts but with a terrible +/-. Looks like they intentionally tried to inflate his value. Hmmmm.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

It was a statement game to cap off a great trip. Petey's line was buzzing in the first two periods, and did a great job locking it down in the third. I thought the Lindy/Garly line looked excellent and is starting to build some chemistry. Lindy had his best game since his first with the team. Podz is a significant upgrade on Lafferty as they play the same kind of game. Podz is proving that he's ready for a full-time middle-six role right now. If JR/PA move him for a rental, I'll be pissed. Replace Suter with Podz on Petey's line, and the puck retrieval with Hogs and Podz with Petey acting as F3 would be crazy good. Mik was as good as I've seen this year; he drove the Miller line tonight.

The team did a great job of playing a relatively low-event third, smothering Vegas. Eichel was invisible. I remember people positively comparing Eichel to Petey before the signing; well, guess what, Petey>Eichel. This Vegas team is very beatable in a playoff series. I don't think management needs to do any more tinkering aside from maybe a depth D-Man to slot in the eight spot between Juulsen and Friedman. The team I'm most worried about in the playoffs is Florida. The Canucks have proven that when they stick to their game, they can beat any of the Western Conference teams. Go Nucks!!!!

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1