[RUMOR] Crosby considering 3 teams

This would be a dream come true and I'd throw the farm at Crosby. Crosby would be a 2nd line himself, you can play anyone with him and they'd produce. I dont think Penguins ownership would trade Crosby to Rutherford to help him win the cup in Vancouver though. And if Crosby was available, Colorado would be jumping all over it instead of the heavy shopping they have already done. 

So probably just rumor generated in forums and used for clickbait lol. 

Outside of Pitts retaining like half his salary and taking Mikh, there's no way we could fit his cap. It likely would cost us our entire farm of prospects. 

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Codez said:

Nick kypreos also brought this up yesterday on radio and i completely agree. I can't imagine Crosby stays in Pitt for 3-4 years through a retool for a chance at the playoffs in his 40s. 

If we can get him that would be pretty amazing. If not I agree I'd love to see him get a crack at another cup with Mackinnon as they are both from the east coast

I don't want him in COL.   Prefer he went to TO.   

5 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Outside of Pitts retaining like half his salary and taking Mikh, there's no way we could fit his cap. It likely would cost us our entire farm of prospects. 

We'd have to give up Lekkerimaki, currently ranked 11th best 21 and under by THN, and maybe 3 years of firsts.   The only way it would really work for us, is if Crosby agreed to a contract extension, that wouldn't kill us.   Then yes, for sure let's do this.    50% retained for this year and next year.   

This sort of thing would be up there with Ray Borque going to COL.   Imagine EP and Crosby on the same line?   Nuts right.     And yes we could make this work.    

Edited by IBatch

11 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

This would be a dream come true and I'd throw the farm at Crosby. Crosby would be a 2nd line himself, you can play anyone with him and they'd produce. I dont think Penguins ownership would trade Crosby to Rutherford to help him win the cup in Vancouver though. And if Crosby was available, Colorado would be jumping all over it instead of the heavy shopping they have already done. 

So probably just rumor generated in forums and used for clickbait lol. 

What the rumour is.   Crosby has told Dubas, he'd be willing to do "the right thing" by PIT, and approved 3 teams.   Vancouver is actually considered the front runner.   Because of his relationship with Tochett, and JR and Allvin.    Maybe he'd prefer to play with McKinnon though.   As their second line center.   OR maybe he'd prefer to be back with Tochett, and dishing pucks with EP.    He won't have to be "the man" on either team.   Same with TO, well not as much.   Maybe he would.     Says he wants a shot at another cup.   A year ago, this would look like fantasy.   But the Canucks out of these 3 teams, actually is IMO, his best chance and not being a homer. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

The thing is… if he wants to join the Canucks because it’s a winning team, the price to pay would may not keep us as a winning team. 
we re not one Crosby away to be a real contender, because we would create so much holes we would downgrade.  Or completely destroy the near future. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I know everyone's blinded by the Sindey Crosby light, but are we overlooking another Pen who just might be a good fit?

What about Malkin? 6'3" power forward. Guy has 48 points this season, $2m less cap hit and signed for 1 more year.

Plus there's a Russian element with Mik, Podz and Z.

His greatest weakness is his two way play, but a line of

Mik-Malkin-Petterson 

That's a pretty scary line.

Edited by JayDangles

16 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We'd have to give up Lekkerimaki, currently ranked 11th best 21 and under by THN, and maybe 3 years of firsts.   The only way it would really work for us, is if Crosby agreed to a contract extension, that wouldn't kill us.   Then yes, for sure let's do this.    50% retained for this year and next year.   

This sort of thing would be up there with Ray Borque going to COL.   Imagine EP and Crosby on the same line?   Nuts right.     And yes we could make this work.    

Great respect for him he's one of the best. But he's 36. Great now but that can change fast at that age. Look at Ovie. U don't  trade the futre for MAYBE a couple of good years IMO

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Great respect for him he's one of the best. But he's 36. Great now but that can change fast at that age. Look at Ovie. U don't  trade the futre for MAYBE a couple of good years IMO

But he's not Ovi.   You do have a point though.  Messier was about where Crosby is now when he was 36...Coming off two typical Messier seasons and the dead puck era was already in full swing.   Close to 50 goals each and well over a PPG.   At that time, his "legend" was pretty close to what Crosby's is now.   Probably more. 

Edit: Messier was way more physical, basically a Howe comp by then and some.

35 52 goals and 99 points - In the 90's, and that hockey was a lot more brutal.

36 48 goals and 84 points.     Two typical Messier seasons.  

Crosby won't be asked to be the only center left, and won't implode the locker room either,  because i'm sure he'd check his ego at the door.    Same way Borque did.   He didn't demand the Captaincy, and wasn't a legend in his own mind, despite arguably being the best all around defenseman all-time by the end.   Orr didn't have his durability.   Could see Crosby going out the same way.   He's only 3 years away from his 22nd season, just like Borque was.   Doing that with Vancouver sure would be nice... 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Seventy7 said:

If we can get him with 3rd party retention, I’d sell the farm for 2 years of Crosby and an actual shot to win lord Stanley 

Lindholm to Bs

Lekk

Pods

2025 1st

No need to trade Lindholm if you can get Crosby with even 50% retention.

Lekk, Raty, McWard, Mik (salary cap reasons), 25 1st and 2 2nds

Pettersson-Crosby-Hoglander

Podkolzin-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

Suter-Blueger-Lafferty

Would easily be the best forward group in the league. Add in a top 3 goalie and one of the best defense cores in the league, I don't see how this team wouldn't be the favorites to win the Stanley Cup.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I would literally sacrifice the penis of my own father if it meant landing Sidney Crosby.  

Holy fuck if this is true.  

I will straight up punch anyone in the fucking balls if they aren't willing to give up Lekker or even Willander for Sid the Kid.  

And yes, we would absolutely be in the conversation for cup contenders if Sidney fucking Crosby came here.

Don't believe how excited I am?!?  Feel these nipples!  

Case of letting ones emotions kill all reason...but I get it...it's tha name

• ThereItIs 1

Having/had Crosby or Gretzky on our teams would be awesome...but

I might have/been concerned and embarrassed if the Canucks had gotten Gretzky/Crosby at the end of their years with vilifying, criticizing and chastising them with people expecting the younger versions

Other hockey fans already have a poor attitude of Vancouver and the wild west (wrongly mistaken it's just fans) with riots after loses, and even more so if we ridiculed all time greats, As much as I love and appreciate the greats, maybe it is just best to groom our own with their own legacy here?

26 minutes ago, IBatch said:

What the rumour is.   Crosby has told Dubas, he'd be willing to do "the right thing" by PIT, and approved 3 teams.   Vancouver is actually considered the front runner.   Because of his relationship with Tochett, and JR and Allvin.    Maybe he'd prefer to play with McKinnon though.   As their second line center.   OR maybe he'd prefer to be back with Tochett, and dishing pucks with EP.    He won't have to be "the man" on either team.   Same with TO, well not as much.   Maybe he would.     Says he wants a shot at another cup.   A year ago, this would look like fantasy.   But the Canucks out of these 3 teams, actually is IMO, his best chance and not being a homer. 

Any legitimate source out there?

When was the last time an aging star was moved at the deadline?  I don't think we would want to move a Roster player other than Mik to make the cap work.  I'd be ok with 2025 1st and their choice of any prospect not named Willander.

4 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

Having/had Crosby or Gretzky on our teams would be awesome...but

I might have/been concerned and embarrassed if the Canucks had gotten Gretzky/Crosby at the end of their years with vilifying, criticizing and chastising them with people expecting the younger versions

Other hockey fans already have a poor attitude of Vancouver and the wild west (wrongly mistaken it's just fans) with riots after loses, and even more so if we ridiculed all time greats, As much as I love and appreciate the greats, maybe it is just best to groom our own with their own legacy here?

Eh, we didn't kill Sundin when he came here and didn't give us prime Sundin production. I am sure we'd love Crosby here.

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

Anything can happen. I just don't see a deal like this coming together this quickly. If he did get moved , it would be in the off season.

He would be short for one cup try.I dont think they would do that to him.Maybe old fox new something.Canucks could bid any offers on any player so far