[RUMOR] Crosby considering 3 teams

5 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Click bait.. no way Crosby leaves Pittsburgh.

Really? No way? I don't buy that. The team is spiraling into a rebuild. I don't see Crosby wanting to spend the final years of his career getting beat down. Wouldn't surprise me if he's on a new team by this fall.

40 minutes ago, IBatch said:

What the rumour is.   Crosby has told Dubas, he'd be willing to do "the right thing" by PIT, and approved 3 teams.   Vancouver is actually considered the front runner.   Because of his relationship with Tochett, and JR and Allvin.    Maybe he'd prefer to play with McKinnon though.   As their second line center.   OR maybe he'd prefer to be back with Tochett, and dishing pucks with EP.    He won't have to be "the man" on either team.   Same with TO, well not as much.   Maybe he would.     Says he wants a shot at another cup.   A year ago, this would look like fantasy.   But the Canucks out of these 3 teams, actually is IMO, his best chance and not being a homer. 

Fingers crossed!! Crosby coming here would be the best thing ever. 

53 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Outside of Pitts retaining like half his salary and taking Mikh, there's no way we could fit his cap. It likely would cost us our entire farm of prospects. 

You'd have to think it would be a 1st + top 2 prospects. Makes you wonder if instead of Lindholm, we could have had Crosby for 1st 2024, Hunter B + Lekkerimaki. I would probably do it for 2 years of Crosby.

8 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

You'd have to think it would be a 1st + top 2 prospects. Makes you wonder if instead of Lindholm, we could have had Crosby for 1st 2024, Hunter B + Lekkerimaki. I would probably do it for 2 years of Crosby.

Be real. One of the best players to ever the play the game (and is still playing at a high level) would cost multiple 1sts, one to two top prospects, and a star roster player. That's the bare minimum.

15 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Really? No way? I don't buy that. The team is spiraling into a rebuild. I don't see Crosby wanting to spend the final years of his career getting beat down. Wouldn't surprise me if he's on a new team by this fall.

If there was any truth to this I think it would be something that gets done in the season. 

Just now, Integra250 said:

Be real. One of the best players to ever the play the game (and is still playing at a high level) would cost multiple 1sts, one to two top prospects, and a star roster player. That's the bare minimum.

Maybe. Crosby is a sure fire HOFer, one of the best players ever, but he is at the end of his career though. If that's the price I don't see teams biting just because those teams will be pushing for cups and are unlikely to be willing to depart with a currents tar.

• Like 1

This is the type of thing that makes hockey less logical than other sports. In the NHL this is highly unlikely to happen, other sports it is almost guarenteed to happen. Pitt can do an instant rebuild by selling on the guys they have, Crosby won't languish his last few years in a dying Pitt squad, and whoever gets him because cup favorites for a couple years.

If I'm the Canucks I offer:

Mikeyhev

Pod

Raty

Lekkermaki

Silovs

and 2 firsts

I would still try to hold onto Willander but essentially every other prospect is open. I'd do Willander as well if it was more quality of quantity (Willander, Lekkermaki, 1st, Mikeyhev).

Hoglander Crosby Lindholm  (hogs and Lindholm possess similar styles to Marchand and Bergeron, obviously not anywhere near as good, but we know that Crosby plays well with their styles).

Petey Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Bains/Di Guessepi Suter Lafferty

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

He's a lifer there. Maybe that idea seems unimportant to you, but it means a lot to him.

Agreed. Just like the Sedins staying here.

Althoughhhhhh, Van is a fair bit nicer place to live than Pit :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

This is the type of thing that makes hockey less logical than other sports. In the NHL this is highly unlikely to happen, other sports it is almost guarenteed to happen. Pitt can do an instant rebuild by selling on the guys they have, Crosby won't languish his last few years in a dying Pitt squad, and whoever gets him because cup favorites for a couple years.

Mikeyhev

Pod

Raty

Lekkermaki

Silovs

and 2 firsts

I would still try to hold onto Willander but essentially every other prospect is open. I'd do Willander as well if it was more quality of quantity (Willander, Lekkermaki, 1st, Mikeyhev).

Hoglander Crosby Lindholm  (hogs and Lindholm possess similar styles to Marchand and Bergeron, obviously not anywhere near as good, but we know that Crosby plays well with their styles).

Petey Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Thats WAY too much. 

Thats essentially 4 1sts, a roster player, a decent prospect C, a good prospect goalie for a guy that is 36 years old and would realistically only be the 3rd best forward on the team even if it is crosby. 

If we are trading away that many assets  i'd rather go all in and offer Chicago 5 1st round picks and some other prospects for Bedard. 

Crosby is still good and would love to have him.. and would give a nice package to get him.. but that is too much for a guy that is 27 this summer and wouldn't be the best player on the team. 

Edited by rmok
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, rmok said:

Thats WAY too much. 

Thats essentially 4 1sts, a roster player, a decent prospect C, a good prospect goalie for a guy that is 36 years old and would realistically only be the 3rd best forward on the team even if it is crosby. 

If we are trading away that many assets  i'd rather go all in and offer Chicago 5 1st round picks and some other prospects for Bedard. 

Crosby is still good and would love to have him.. and would give a nice package to get him.. but that is too much for a guy that is 27 this summer and wouldn't be the best player on the team. 

Particularly as it would be a Kesler like situation where he'd likely only be willing to go to a handful of teams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rmok said:

Thats WAY too much. 

That’s the difference in attitude of wanting a playoff appearance or wanting to go after the cup. 

23 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Mikeyhev

Pod

Raty

Lekkermaki

Silovs

and 2 firsts

Petey Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

it’s ironic that this post starts with a diatribe on logic…

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. I think this could be closer to a reality than most think. It would sure change the team in a big way. 
If it did happen, which I’d probably support, even if it means draining our prospect pool and picks, do you think Hughes would keep the captaincy? I’d hope so.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. I think this could be closer to a reality than most think. It would sure change the team in a big way. 
If it did happen, which I’d probably support, even if it means draining our prospect pool and picks, do you think Hughes would keep the captaincy? I’d hope so.

It could just be a bunch of flatulence too though.

• Haha 1

Raty, Podkolzin, 2025 1st and 2026 4th for Crosby

Crosby instantly becomes our best player and we can use him for another run next year, albeit it will be harder to contend with so many free agents and after trading away a blue chipper in Ray and a good projected top 9 guy in Podkolzin 

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Easter Bunny says no comment.....

Well duh
You can't trust an oversexed mammal that lays eggs anyway

• Haha 1

Just for fun. As this is the first time ever this could even be seriously considered, I’d put a really serious offer on the table to get Sid here.

All-in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

No reported Crosby rumours should be taken with any amount of seriousness unless it's coming from one of the top reliable guys. 

Ya, like Eklund or Friedman with honorable mention to Dhaliwal