[Trade] Toffoli to Jets

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

He’s worth his price at his cap hit though. 

can then send Mik out for a decent pick and have room to sign Kessel and fit any other last minute acquisitions like a depth D.

I think we would have to give a decent pick to move mik

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The fact we have Suter in the top 6 and DiGiuseppe in the lineup says otherwise.  Right now, I'd say the Jets are deeper.  The Canucks just have the higher end guys up top. 

We sure do.   And i'd take our forward group over theirs anyday.   Last game we beat them 2/3 times (that's what the advanced stats suggest ).    Would you honestly prefer we swap forwards?   Not me.    Not worried at all aside from Hellebuyck.   That's a concern.   I'd welcome a round against them for sure. 

IMG_3765.png

IMG_3766.png

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We sure do.   And i'd take our forward group over theirs anyday. 

IMG_3765.png

IMG_3766.png

Like I said, our top end is clearly better with Petey and Miller leading the way. 

The group you've shown for the Jets also include a couple guys that will be higher up on the list (Connor and Vilardi).  Connor would probably be in the 65 to 70 point range.  Vilardi probably in the 50 point range. 

Also, why cut it off at the top 8 forwards?  What about the bottom 5?

EDIT:  Wait, just realized you've included defencemen on that list.  Weren't we just talking about forward depth?

Edited by HKSR

49 minutes ago, IBatch said:

No thx.   Keep the picks.   I'd rather of traded for Maroon and punted Lafferty.     He doesn't even play a WNP style of game.  Or CAL.  Or NJ, or VAN .. he's not some unicorn.   Just a guy who's really good at avoiding major contact and being invisible until tap ins are available.    I'd rather get a Gerald Diduck for a late round pick, and a Lumme for a second anyday.   Tyler Toffoli was a fair rental price for us and he's still getting a fair rental price.  Were people thinking he'd get multiple firsts?  Or two seconds like Tanev did? 

I would have definitely agreed on Maroon except that he had back surgery in February. Don't know the details but two months isn't a whole lot of recovery time. He may not even appear in the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I think we would have to give a decent pick to move mik

Hard to say. When the ask on a Nic Dowd is a 1st round pick, Mik could be a buy low candidate for a team like CHI or others regardless of cap hit 

Anybody know why TT gets traded so much?  I liked him while he was here and I have to admit that I was secretly hoping to re-acquire him, but now that WPG scooped him I don't feel too upset.  He's obviously got good hands but he's not getting any younger.  Is he really better than say Hoglander or Garland?  I like the team we have and I think that it was wise not to shake things up too much.  We've already got our extra C depth (Lindholm), and we already improved our D depth and size.  We should always be looking at how to improve but I think we're good to go as it is.  GCG!

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

Anybody know why TT gets traded so much?  I liked him while he was here and I have to admit that I was secretly hoping to re-acquire him, but now that WPG scooped him I don't feel too upset.  He's obviously got good hands but he's not getting any younger.  Is he really better than say Hoglander or Garland?  I like the team we have and I think that it was wise not to shake things up too much.  We've already got our extra C depth (Lindholm), and we already improved our D depth and size.  We should always be looking at how to improve but I think we're good to go as it is.  GCG!

Because he's never had a contract that's featured an NTC of any sort 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/tyler-toffoli

Toffoli is a fine player, which is why he gets flipped when team's fortunes dip

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

This is what happens if you trade for Dickinson, Dermott, and overpay for Lindholm 🤣

I'd say the only fumble, at least from this management, is the Mikheyev signing. We paid market rate for Lindholm, but if you factor in we sent them a cap dump too we did well in that trade. We'll see how Lindholm looks in the playoffs, but you can't predict production. So even if he has a middling playoffs, I think management did well to target and trade for him. We lost a 1st rounder at worst. Brzutewicz was sounding like he didn't want to be here (Calgary might have to flip him ala Adam Fox too), Jurmo and a 4th are nothing assets. People are crying about almost nothing in regards to that Lindholm trade. The safety net down the middle is worth that 1st rounder imo.