20 Years Ago Today: Steve Moore got what he was asking for

5 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

he certainly had it coming,but ithink it could have been done in a better way....

he could have turned around and taken his licks, sure. 

8 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

A thread for this? Just why…..

mostly because I saw the date and couldn't believe it had been 20 years. it made me wistful. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

mostly because I saw the date and couldn't believe it had been 20 years. it made me wistful. 

I get it, I hated him as much as any Canucks fan back then but didn’t like the way it went down. 
I know he was a chicken shit when he refused to fight Bert, but the way Bert handled it was obviously not good.

its more of a notorious moment in Canucks history rather than notable.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Captkirk888 said:

I get it, I hated him as much as any Canucks fan back then but didn’t like the way it went down. 
I know he was a chicken shit when he refused to fight Bert, but the way Bert handled it was obviously not good.

its more of a notorious moment in Canucks history rather than notable.

certainly, and either way there's merit in reflecting on it. 

despite my tongue-in-cheek post, I'm never really in support of sucker punching a guy. and I know moore fought brad may (if memory serves) and so there's the argument that he'd already had his comeuppance, but it was a nothing of a fight and he needed to atone more for that filthy hit. 

• Cheers 1

Last time i saw a game in vancouver...time flies.

I was a huge bert fan but he should have legally knocked him with a hit. 

Wish it never happened, loved that team. 

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

are you a psychopath?  

Is Steve Moore a psychopath for deliberately attempting to seriously injure Naslund?

Fuck Moore, and I agree with the sentiment of this thread.

I'm glad his career was ended and I hope his life continues to get progressively worse.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, tas said:

despite my tongue-in-cheek post, I'm never really in support of sucker punching a guy. and I know moore fought brad may (if memory serves) and so there's the argument that he'd already had his comeuppance, but it was a nothing of a fight and he needed to atone more for that filthy hit. 

No, it was Matt Cooke that he fought.

• ThereItIs 1

This post is just moronic. 

It's not "tongue in cheek".  A man's life was ruined.  He broke his neck and his career was over. 

It's not even funny.  Dude thinking he Anthony Jesolnik or something.... sorry man, you're not.  Your statement just comes across as vindictive and irreverent.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

No, it was Matt Cooke that he fought.

thanks for the correction. explains why it was a nothing of a fight. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

It's not "tongue in cheek".  A man's life was ruined.  He broke his neck and his career was over. 

It's not even funny.  Dude thinking he Anthony Jesolnik or something.... sorry man, you're not.  Your statement just comes across as vindictive and irreverent.

Animated GIF

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

He deliberately tried to injure our best player at the time in Markus Naslund.   

He was a punk kid trying to make a name for himself by attempting to seriously injure a superstar.  

I would not shed a single tear if I ever find out that Steve Moore gets a terminal illness of some kind.  

Fuck Steve Moore.

• Confused 3

Just now, Jeremy Hronek said:

He deliberately tried to injure our best player at the time in Markus Naslund.   

He was a punk kid trying to make a name for himself by attempting to seriously injure a superstar.  

I would not shed a single tear if I ever find out that Steve Moore gets a terminal illness of some kind.  

Fuck Steve Moore.

You've made your abbhorent views known already, thanks.  I have nothing else to say to you or tas.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

Wasn’t it matt Cooke?

54 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

That incident really messes up the life's of 2 professional athletes, not to mention their families who had to deal with the fallout. This thread is pretty fucked up.

Sad Animation GIF by Holler Studios

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sell.the.team said:

You've made your abbhorent views known already, thanks.  I have nothing else to say to you or tas.

you should learn what tongue-in-cheek means. 

• Wiener 1

It’s hard to believe it’s already 20 years…

everybody makes mistakes in life…

everybody needs a second chance…

I’m sure Steve regrets his actions…

and Marcus has moved on…

Forgiveness is something that needs to be done in such circumstances- it heals you and protects you from bitterness..

Let it go bro… no one is perfect…