J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

Jess

On 6/23/2024 at 5:37 PM, -dlc- said:

Meant to post this yesterday: 5 years ago JT Miller was traded to the Canucks.

And, much to the chagrin of some around here, he's signed on as a loyal team member long term. Smart people get how important that is to this franchise. A true leader and a guy who leaves it all out there on the ice and wears his heart on his sleeve. Was a good day - June 22, 2019

When all is said and done, and Miller has hung up his skates, he will be part of the coversation about the most impactful players to play for the Canucks. 

And when it comes to unexpectedly good, he will be ranking high on all lists. 

He has leadership in spades, and will be a dream to play with. Talk about knowing somebody has got your back. 

Miller will be really hard to replace...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

When all is said and done, and Miller has hung up his skates, he will be part of the coversation about the most impactful players to play for the Canucks. 

And when it comes to unexpectedly good, he will be ranking high on all lists. 

He has leadership in spades, and will be a dream to play with. Talk about knowing somebody has got your back. 

Miller will be really hard to replace...

It's likely the question will not be whether or not he gets recognition, but if he's in the ROH or rafters.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

It's likely the question will not be whether or not he gets recognition, but if he's in the ROH or rafters.

The next few seasons will determine that... But ROH is almost already a guarantee at this stage... 

While Hughes and Petey both are tremendous talents, TJ stirs the drinks... Its that simple...

I don't know if anyone here has been near the Canucks locker room during matches, but when the chips are down, I'd bet that he is on the forefront, when they need picked up... 

OMG, there's a TikTok video of Owen (JT & Natalie's son) in his crib, baby monitor on and captures him doing the "JT MILLL-ER" chant.

Adorable!

That family rocks and I can hardly wait until they're back in Van (where they belong).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Terrific chemistry between JT and Brock.  Great skill set as well.

JT and Bo were developing some chemistry too. JT's really great at anticipating where other players will be and getting the puck to them quickly for a one timer or quick release shot. I feel that anyone playing with him will really find that their game takes off if they're in sync (not everyone will be). JT's thread the needle passes, while risky at times, are a thing of beauty when they connect. Most often they do (or it's just a matter of the teammate just missing...not that it's intercepted).

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

JT and Bo were developing some chemistry too. JT's really great at anticipating where other players will be and getting the puck to them quickly for a one timer or quick release shot. I feel that anyone playing with him will really find that their game takes off if they're in sync (not everyone will be). JT's thread the needle passes, while risky at times, are a thing of beauty when they connect. Most often they do (or it's just a matter of the teammate just missing...not that it's intercepted).

His anticipation and high IQ makes him the kind of player that makes his teammates better.  Like you have stated;

not every player will have chemistry with him.  They also need to have the hockey IQ and skill to play at a speed

to match every top line in the NHL.  Pius Suter is a case in point.  Such a versatile and smart player with a killer

contract.  It is this kind of player that JT is makes his (and Brock's) contracts even better.  $16m for a top NHL

line is an amazing bargain!

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

His anticipation and high IQ makes him the kind of player that makes his teammates better.  Like you have stated;

not every player will have chemistry with him.  They also need to have the hockey IQ and skill to play at a speed

to match every top line in the NHL.  Pius Suter is a case in point.  Such a versatile and smart player with a killer

contract.  It is this kind of player that JT is makes his (and Brock's) contracts even better.  $16m for a top NHL

line is an amazing bargain!

It was kind of like how the Sedins and Burr "connected". Carter. You really have to have a feel for what the other players are "going" to do. Not everyone will be able to tune in to their channel, but those who do will benefit greatly from finding that chemistry. They're equally credited in my view because you have to be ready and have that high hockey IQ to make it work. Thinking ahead of the play. Anticipating vs waiting for things to happen.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Harvey Specter said:

Impressive stat. While Miller has been inconsistent with Vancouver at times, he has definitely been underappreciated around the league. It feels like that's starting to change now.

This made me look up there exact stats and look to see who was close. I knew Brady was physical, but I didn't realize just how much he hit. 809 hits over the last three seasons! Andre Svechnikov likely would have been close had he not missed over half a season's worth of games. Crouse is also not that far off (but still needs like 8-10 more goals/season).

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The power, the snarl, the skill, the leadership.

Unreal to think how heavily the trade for Miller was criticized. Even after he established himself teams like New York were still making lowball offers for him.

Thank god we never made that trade. Can’t imagine where this team would be without him.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Always finding a way to give Millsy some love. He has grown so much as an all-around player. 

I see the reports giving him a lower-than-expected ranking but that is fine. I see Millsy kicking it up another notch in the upcoming season!

Edited by Harvey Specter
  • MillerTime 2

I think one more strong season from either Miller or Pettersson probably locks them into the ROH already. Another 100 points from either would put them over 500 points as a Canuck. All top seven Canuck scorers have their numbers retired except for Gradin, who's in the ROH. Tanti is 8th in scoring at 470 points.

image.thumb.png.e1537ebc6e60faea2c71012801d49a3f.png

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Vancouver Canucks forward J.T. Miller and his wife, Natalie, are stepping up to raise awareness and funds for melanoma, a type of skin cancer.

“We love to be involved in as many things as we have time for. Charitable situations for us [are] something we take a lot of pride in,” said J.T. in an interview with Daily Hive.

Melanoma is a cause especially close to the Millers’ hearts. Natalie’s mom passed away from the disease at just 58 years old a few years ago.

“From that point on, we’ve been in as many initiatives for melanoma and skin cancer as we possibly can,” continued J.T.

The hockey star had another close encounter with the disease when Canucks equipment manager Brian “Red” Hamilton was diagnosed after a Seattle Kraken fan spotted a cancerous mole. Nadia Popovici managed to get Red’s attention, which led to him getting treatment.

“The words out of the doctor’s mouth were if I ignored that for four to five years, I wouldn’t be here,” Hamilton told reporters in January 2022. “She extended my life, she saved my life.”

“He’s got a gigantic heart and the amount of work that he and us have done over the last two to three years now has been pretty spectacular,” said J.T. when asked about Red.

Natalie, J.T., Red, and Red’s wife Jess are all behind this week’s Melanoma Canada golf fundraiser, which aims to raise money for the cause.

“We just want to spread awareness, you know, it’s obviously a very serious cancer, but, you know, melanoma is preventable,” said J.T. “It’s one of the more largely preventable things. Put sunscreen on, create awareness, take the extra second before you head out to put a coating on. It really does go a long way.”

The Canucks assistant captain will be joined by seven teammates at this Thursday’s golf tournament, as well as plenty of others with ties to the organization.

The Canucks assistant captain will be joined by seven teammates at this Thursday’s golf tournament, as well as plenty of others with ties to the organization.

The fundraiser also includes a silent auction, which can be accessed by anyone who texts the word “golf” to 289-210-6003.

While the golf tournament is a scramble meaning all foursomes will work together, whichever team has J.T. will definitely be set up well. The hockey star is an avid golfer who even attempted to qualify for the US Open at one point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Vancouver Canucks forward J.T. Miller and his wife, Natalie, are stepping up to raise awareness and funds for melanoma, a type of skin cancer.

“We love to be involved in as many things as we have time for. Charitable situations for us [are] something we take a lot of pride in,” said J.T. in an interview with Daily Hive.

Melanoma is a cause especially close to the Millers’ hearts. Natalie’s mom passed away from the disease at just 58 years old a few years ago.

“From that point on, we’ve been in as many initiatives for melanoma and skin cancer as we possibly can,” continued J.T.

The hockey star had another close encounter with the disease when Canucks equipment manager Brian “Red” Hamilton was diagnosed after a Seattle Kraken fan spotted a cancerous mole. Nadia Popovici managed to get Red’s attention, which led to him getting treatment.

“The words out of the doctor’s mouth were if I ignored that for four to five years, I wouldn’t be here,” Hamilton told reporters in January 2022. “She extended my life, she saved my life.”

“He’s got a gigantic heart and the amount of work that he and us have done over the last two to three years now has been pretty spectacular,” said J.T. when asked about Red.

Natalie, J.T., Red, and Red’s wife Jess are all behind this week’s Melanoma Canada golf fundraiser, which aims to raise money for the cause.

“We just want to spread awareness, you know, it’s obviously a very serious cancer, but, you know, melanoma is preventable,” said J.T. “It’s one of the more largely preventable things. Put sunscreen on, create awareness, take the extra second before you head out to put a coating on. It really does go a long way.”

The fundraiser also includes a silent auction, which can be accessed by anyone who texts the word “golf” to 289-210-6003.

While the golf tournament is a scramble meaning all foursomes will work together, whichever team has J.T. will definitely be set up well. The hockey star is an avid golfer who even attempted to qualify for the US Open at one point.

Yet another reason to love this guy 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1