[Trade] Hertl to Vegas

Just now, EB43 said:

You mean regular season

He has a lacerated spleen, that's probably 3 months of healing time, to say nothing of rehab.  That puts them into Zmay most likely, best case scenario 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Ahh... that makes sense.  Grab him while he's on LTIR.  Activate him and Stone for the playoffs.  Win another Cup. 

I might just switch and watch another sport soon.  This is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

Scientific evidence.  There's a very good chance Stone will be back for the playoffs:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435936/

Study Design:

The authors present 2 cases of professional hockey players who both suffered grade III splenic lacerations while playing.

Methods:

Both players were treated conservatively and monitored with serial CT scanning until radiographic and clinical findings suggested complete healing.

Results:

Both players were able to return to full-contact professional hockey within 2 months after suffering grade III splenic lacerations. Neither athlete suffered any complications after his return.

Conclusions:

With CT scanning, 2 athletes were able to return to play earlier (2 months) than previously recommended (3-6 months) without compromising their safety.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Maybe thats it for stone, for good?

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Ahh... that makes sense.  Grab him while he's on LTIR.  Activate him and Stone for the playoffs.  Win another Cup. 

I might just switch and watch another sport soon.  This is absolutely ridiculous.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Again, stone has a lacerated spleen, that's a serious situation.

And if it is bs, I've never been a fan of hertl anyway.  Vegas is being exposed now

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm betting that means stone is done for the year

Well Kucherov sure didn't mind making shirts with 118 million over the cap (something like that)... sure Vegas will see Stone back after the TDL in white no contact jerseys.   I don't even mind.     Let teams load up and play with their futures, prefer to see a best on best over a vanilla on vanilla anyday.   When it's our turn...well if they close the tap on this then I will get pissed. 

Just now, HKSR said:

Scientific evidence.  There's a very good chance Stone will be back for the playoffs:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435936/

Study Design:

The authors present 2 cases of professional hockey players who both suffered grade III splenic lacerations while playing.

Methods:

Both players were treated conservatively and monitored with serial CT scanning until radiographic and clinical findings suggested complete healing.

Results:

Both players were able to return to full-contact professional hockey within 2 months after suffering grade III splenic lacerations. Neither athlete suffered any complications after his return.

Conclusions:

With CT scanning, 2 athletes were able to return to play earlier (2 months) than previously recommended (3-6 months) without compromising their safety.

Two months puts him at the end of April, do missing the first round.  I don't see vegas getting out of round 1.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Again, stone has a lacerated spleen, that's a serious situation.

And if it is bs, I've never been a fan of hertl anyway.  Vegas is being exposed now

It is, but there is scientific evidence that proves the likelihood is he will be back in a few months (in time for Round 1).

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

I'm on team Calgary big time. Catch Vegas and eliminate them

The next 5 games or so will determine if I cheer for them or against. Option A is they miss the playoffs, Option B they finish 3rd in the division to play the Oilers assuming we can stay on top. 

Just as ideal would be they finish in whatever wildcard spot puts them against the central teams because that 4 some gauntlet of Jets, Stars, Aves and Knights would leave the team coming out likely worn-out. But thats too many moving parts for me to cheer for them to end there in the standings and would have me staring at the standings for hours every day stressing out.

Just now, IBatch said:

Well Kucherov sure didn't mind making shirts with 118 million over the cap (something like that)... sure Vegas will see Stone back after the TDL in white no contact jerseys.   I don't even mind.     Let teams load up and play with their futures, prefer to see a best on best over a vanilla on vanilla anyday.   When it's our turn...well if they close the tap on this then I will get pissed. 

Do you think a doctor would risk his profession by lying about a diagnosis?

Just now, HKSR said:

It is, but there is scientific evidence that proves the likelihood is he will be back in a few months (in time for Round 1).

A few months is not round one.  Round one is a month and a half

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Two months puts him at the end of April, do missing the first round.  I don't see vegas getting out of round 1.

Depends.  Season ends around April 18th I think.  Usually they give it a week or so before the playoffs start which means April 25th.  He might miss 2 or 3 playoff games.