[Trade] Hertl to Vegas

Just now, stawns said:

What does?  Are you assuming that stone is faking a lacerated spleen?

But Vegas are already using Stone's LTIR money and Hertl is injured so can't really argue he's a replacement in the short term. Definitely smells like cap circumvention, if Hertl and Stone both 'recover' for the playoffs it'll look even worse.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, RWJC said:

Every year VGK goes balls to the wall. Hate them but have to admire their ambition. 

They have a Cup because of it.  Can't fault their approach.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

But Vegas are already using Stone's LTIR money and Hertl is injured so can't really argue he's a replacement in the short term. Definitely smells like cap circumvention, if Hertl and Stone both 'recover' for the playoffs it'll look even worse.

I don't know about hertls injury, but stone has a serious, long term situation

1 minute ago, stawns said:

A few months is not round one.  Round one is a month and a half

The study quotes 2 months.  That's end of April.  Like I said above, playoffs likely start around April 25th.  He'll be back for Round 1 if his healing is in line with the scientific study.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Again, stone has a lacerated spleen, that's a serious situation.

And if it is bs, I've never been a fan of hertl anyway.  Vegas is being exposed now

Hertl,  can go hurtle himself over a cliff.   Couture ... who's left?  That's a bad team over there.   At least they were wise enough to embrace the tank so can respect that. 

Quickly, find a player on LTIR and get him.  NHL needs to remove the cap, seriously.  I hate the cap and teams find a way to go and circumvent the cap.  Either, move up the trade deadlines to January or remove the cap altogether and keep the deadlines around this time.  

Although it is very unlikely that Vegas misses the playoffs, they do play the Canucks twice (book those as losses for Vegas for the sake of argument) and Kraken twice. Should Seattle win those two games and goes on a bit of a heater, Vegas is in trouble.

However, as noted earlier, unlikely but would be HILARIOUS if actually happened whereby Captain LTIR swings and misses.

Edited by Rocket-68

Just now, Honkin Hronek said:

Stone - Eichel - Barbashev 

Hertl - Karlsson - Mantha 

Stephensen - Roy - Amadio 

Cotter - Howden - Carrier 

Hanifin - Pietrangelo 

McNabb - Theodore 

Martinez - Whitecloud

Hill 

Thompson 

Uh oh

Where's Marchessault

2 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

I don't mind the way they do this, AS LONG AS.... the league is actually confirming that players aren't healthy before the playoffs but lingering on the LTIR. 

You'd think Insurance Companies would be asking for medical proof, not just a doctor's note.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Although it is very unlikely that Vegas misses the playoffs, they do play the Canucks twice (book those as losses for Vegas for the sake of argument) and Kraken twice. Should Seattle win those two games and goes on a bit of a heater, Vegas is in trouble.

However, as noted earlier, unlikely but would be HILARIOUS if actually happened whereby Captain LTIR swings and misses.

Better for them to keep winning and play Edmonton in the first round.

One heavyweight knocked out right away.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Stone - Eichel - Barbashev 

Hertl - Karlsson - Mantha 

Stephensen - Roy - Amadio 

Cotter - Howden - Carrier 

Hanifin - Pietrangelo 

McNabb - Theodore 

Martinez - Whitecloud

Hill 

Thompson 

Uh oh

I guess Marchessault might be playing elsewhere next season 

Edited by RWJC

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Ahh... that makes sense.  Grab him while he's on LTIR.  Activate him and Stone for the playoffs.  Win another Cup. 

I might just switch and watch another sport soon.  This is absolutely ridiculous.

Don’t switch to basketball or baseball, the NBA is a diva league of super teams. And the MLB is allowing contracts to be circumvented for over ten years….