To Those Disappointed about Today's TDL

HKSR

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We didn’t give a first for Lindhom. The cost to dumperoo two years of Cruise Missike was a first and a third. Lindy cost us a B level prospect and C level prospect. 

Monohan went for a 1st too, stop making up story buddy 🙂 it was the price to pay, its how it works, no complain.
i said i don't understand why we add Lindholm, but stop the process midway without adding the last missing piece with more incentive offer. 

3 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

You're missing Mik from that line-up.

I'm guessing what we will eventually see is:

Mik-Miller-Boes

Hogs-Petey-Lindholm

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Pods/PDG-Suter-Laff

If you want Lindholm to run his own line, then he replaces Bluegar and Bluegar goes down to the 4th and Pods or Suter moves up to line 2. But I feel like the line up above gets you the strongest top 6 we can have, and a great 3rd line and a pretty good 4th line.

That a lineup that speaks to my ears. 
with Podz in and PDG 13th. 

10 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

Monohan went for a 1st too, stop making up story buddy 🙂 it was the price to pay, its how it works, no complain.
i said i don't understand why we add Lindholm, but stop the process midway without adding the last missing piece with more incentive offer. 

It’s fact. The cost to dumperoo two years at 5.5 would be a first and a third. That’s why we jumped on that lindholm steal of a deal when we did. All we had to pay for a number one right shot centre in his prime was two very iffy prospects because the Smelly Cowpies took Cruisy and his contract. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

True, and I would honestly hope, that an $11.6M Players doesn'tn't need an $8M winger to be successful. 
If that is the case, we wasted $11.6M. 
Hence, its PAs job to find an affordable wingerthat would benifit Petey vice verse. 

Well we're here now I really like the team we have post deadline. Hopefully Pete catches fire with a couple dudes. That will be the difference maker between winning a round or more and 1st round exit. Our 1st and 3rd are 2 of the best lines in hockey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenbean30 said:

I feel like we barely gave Petey and Lindholm a chance to develop chemistry. What did they get? 2 games together? And honestly, Hogs, Petey and Lindholm didn't look bad together at all.

I do agree that Petey is not likely going to get a $9m winger anytime soon because of that OEL hit. I do think him and Hogs are gaining that chemistry and have looked good together. I think since Hogs has moved up to Petey's line he's on pace for 33ish goals or something if he was there for 82 games. Pretty damn good. Petey can definitely drive his own line, and he's proven it in my opinion.

Oh definitely Mac can carry a line without Rantanen, my point was he's going to look better with a player of Rantanen's skill. Just like Petey would look better with a guy of that skill level, which he has never had or even close other than the few times he gets played with Boes and Miller. (BTW, not comparing Petey to Mac, Mac is definitely the better player, was just using it as an example.)

Oh yes, I totally follow your line of thinking... and of course good players are better with great players... 649 line is a good example...

I do believe they expect Petey to have his own line (maybe with Lindholm, as I have no doubt he will improve as he gets settled here... 🙂 ) 

I think, Hogs getting on to Peteys line and seeing how well he's done there, give me great hope, that Alvin will find another player to fill in on that line, without having to break the bank... In a year perhaps Lekki, but it could be a little to early with Hogs and Lekki to share a line with Petey (Think they may need somebody able to 'stand up for them'ish".)....

Not sure what the future holds for Lindholm, but if they gives him a new contract (and he signs), he may become Peteys new best friend, and be Peteys Rantenen... He will be expensive for a 3rd line centre, so if they don't see him on the top two lines, I don't think they'll keep him, but that is another debate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Well we're here now I really like the team we have post deadline. Hopefully Pete catches fire with a couple dudes. That will be the difference maker between winning a round or more and 1st round exit. Our 1st and 3rd are 2 of the best lines in hockey

That is exactly it...

As I just said to @greenbean30, we have two great lines, and if Petey, which I believe, can run his own line, we could be in good shape...

I do believe long term, Lindholm would be too expensive to be used as a 3C, so I think their plan would be have him on Peteys or Millers line, should they keep him... but that is a debate for a different day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DexM94 said:

Do you remember Brown and Lumme ? we've already had a good D corps in the 90'. 
regarding this season, i have the feeling in my guts we have just missed our opportunity by an inch... a Toffolinch. 
hope they prove me wrong with a strong run. 

No disrespect to Brown or Lumme... but Hughes is far superior to them.  Hughes is borderline generational.  He's pushing close to a 100pt pace.  Some of his stats are comparable to defencemen like Orr, Bourque, etc.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, spook007 said:

That is exactly it...

As I just said to @greenbean30, we have two great lines, and if Petey, which I believe, can run his own line, we could be in good shape...

I do believe long term, Lindholm would be too expensive to be used as a 3C, so I think their plan would be have him on Peteys or Millers line, should they keep him... but that is a debate for a different day.

Right now it's a good problem to have. I think we should split Pete and Lindholm if together is yeilding limited return maybe they can each drive a line with our supporting cast. Unfortunately that means Pete will have to be able to find some offence with the supporting cast we have. Maybe Lafferty and Hoglander and have Lindholm with Mikheyev Pod split the youngsters between them. Unless we find Lindholm is significantly better than Blueger between Dak and Garland. But as it stands Blueger makes that line big bang for buck. I'd like to roll 4 lines that can keep teams pinned down. 

9 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Right now it's a good problem to have. I think we should split Pete and Lindholm if together is yeilding limited return maybe they can each drive a line with our supporting cast. Unfortunately that means Pete will have to be able to find some offence with the supporting cast we have. Maybe Lafferty and Hoglander and have Lindholm with Mikheyev Pod split the youngsters between them. Unless we find Lindholm is significantly better than Blueger between Dak and Garland. But as it stands Blueger makes that line big bang for buck. I'd like to roll 4 lines that can keep teams pinned down. 

Tell you what if Bluger centres JD and Gar... Lindholm will be 4th line C and I just don't see that happening... I think they might try Lindholm with Petey once JD is back, but most likely keep Lindholm as 3C and Bluger will be 4C

Hogs - Petey - Mika

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Podz - Bluger - Lafferty/ PDG

This is the lineup, I see us going with, unless Lindholm plays on Peteys wing.

In which case Mika will be of Millers wing, Bluger 3C and Suter 4C... 

Both line ups has potentials... It also shows we can cope with a few injuries, should they happen...

• Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Tell you what if Bluger centres JD and Gar... Lindholm will be 4th line C and I just don't see that happening... I think they might try Lindholm with Petey once JD is back, but most likely keep Lindholm as 3C and Bluger will be 4C

Hogs - Petey - Mika

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Podz - Bluger - Lafferty/ PDG

This is the lineup, I see us going with, unless Lindholm plays on Peteys wing.

In which case Mika will be of Millers wing, Bluger 3C and Suter 4C... 

Both line ups has potentials... It also shows we can cope with a few injuries, should they happen...

That first line looks a bit squishy though. Could have used another player to replace Mikheyev

36 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

That first line looks a bit squishy though. Could have used another player to replace Mikheyev

Could have... maybe lindholm does that, but how much were we prepared to pay for another winger?

We needed both cap space and capital, so it could have been expensive for the future... not gonna lie, I would have liked a more rugged scoring winger, but haveing to move likely Mika for cap space and obtain a good player, would probably cost one of our prized prospects, maybe Hogs or Pods added to that... maybe next years 1st or a mix... we need those assets for when OEL cap starts biting. 
PA said they were in on a lot, but in the end it got too expensive for the quality they'd get, so it is, what it is, I guess. 

I Would have liked them to add a couple guys 

but if teams were asking to much I’m glad they didn’t. 
we didn’t give up our top prospects or create any new holes.

we added a great  Dman and a solid top six Center 

if we had made those deals on TDL everyone would be raving about it.

It doesn’t count because pa didn’t wait two weeks for a specific day. 

We got lindholm and he’s finding his way in our system

not all the deadline day deals will pan out exactly as they were planed. 

disappointed lol.
Pretty stoked actually hopefully we can get Zad and Lindy resigned.
If not well this is the cost of going for a cup. It starts dwindles the prospect cupboard.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, spook007 said:

It wasn't the salary... it was the cap space. We needed to 'dump' Kuz as we needed the cap space to make improvements. 

i would have gladly given a 4th instead of a 5th for zadorov with retention just like they should have negotiated retention with linholm with calgary or another team. the fact they didn't left the team with 0 space to make any move at the TDL even if it's just depth players

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i would have gladly given a 4th instead of a 5th for zadorov with retention just like they should have negotiated retention with linholm with calgary or another team. the fact they didn't left the team with 0 space to make any move at the TDL even if it's just depth players

Yep...

If that was on offer for Z at the time and the same with Lindhom...again question was, what would it cost to get retention with Lindholm... Calgary was not going to allow Canucks to fleece them again after Z...

But of course with the benefit of hindsight retention for Z if all it would take was a 4th would be fine.

16 hours ago, HKSR said:

No disrespect to Brown or Lumme... but Hughes is far superior to them.  Hughes is borderline generational.  He's pushing close to a 100pt pace.  Some of his stats are comparable to defencemen like Orr, Bourque, etc.

Hedican/Brown instantly became a top four/pairing when Lumme Murzyn, Diduck Babych were doing just fine.   But you're absolutely correct, QHs is something the Canucks have never seen.    Phil Housley was at the top of his game when we played against WNP, in the playoffs - and the team plan to take him out of the series worked (early 90's).   Quin isn't going to have to deal with that in the same way (nobody is, that sort of stuff is all not gone, well maybe Trouba and a few guys instead of half of every single team) .. and as a rookie, certainly didn't (but absolutely should have had) what we have now (Vegas completely nuetered us, QHs and Stecther were exactly where they threw the puck in and forechecked against... And this @DexM94   Tyler Toffoli obsession with this fanbase is goofy,  we target him, he's going to disappear into the "why did we ever pump this guys tires" part of history fast.  He wasn't that special for us in the playoffs.   Why does he keep getting traded?   And we lost the majority of the games he was playing for us in the regular season when Brock went down too.    I can't wait to see us dismantle WNP (please god!) in the playoffs this year, and see proper protection given to QHs at the same time, QHs and the team had Beagle, Motte and Myers lol.    Horvat certainly wasn't going to come to anyone's rescue.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, IBatch said:

Hedican/Brown instantly became a top four/pairing when Lumme Murzyn, Diduck Babych were doing just fine.   But you're absolutely correct, QHs is something the Canucks have never seen.    Phil Housley was at the top of his game when we played against WNP, in the playoffs - and the team plan to take him out of the series worked (early 90's).   Quin isn't going to have to deal with that in the same way (nobody is, that sort of stuff is all not gone, well maybe Trouba and a few guys instead of half of every single team) .. and as a rookie, certainly didn't (but absolutely should have had) what we have now (Vegas completely nuetered us, QHs and Stecther were exactly where they threw the puck in and forechecked against... And this @DexM94   Tyler Toffoli obsession with this fanbase is goofy,  we target him, he's going to disappear into the "why did we ever pump this guys tires" part of history fast.  He wasn't that special for us in the playoffs.   Why does he keep getting traded?   And we lost the majority of the games he was playing for us in the regular season when Brock went down too.    I can't wait to see us dismantle WNP (please god!) in the playoffs this year, and see proper protection given to QHs at the same time, QHs and the team had Beagle, Motte and Myers lol.    Horvat certainly wasn't going to come to anyone's rescue.    

This... don't get it neither...

On 3/9/2024 at 11:53 PM, Hammertime said:

For sure. Of course. With that said making 11.6m we aren't going to be able to afford 8m in wingers to put next to him he's going to need to make it work as a 16-17m line. We need to have some money left to ice a bottom 6 and respectable D corps. 

I am glad that the Canucks didnt acquire another expensive winger.

This team just have too many of them.

The management was able to trade Pearson, Beauvillier and Kuzmenko, but they did the trades when the values were all time low.

Hope they can manage better with Mikheyev, Boeser and Garland.

1 minute ago, The King of Kings said:

The management was able to trade Pearson, Beauvillier and Kuzmenko, but they did the trades when the values were all time low.

It was a necessary hand to fold.

Pearson got us De Smith who's been great. PA managed to clear Beauvillier's cap without paying, which they turned into Zadorov and Kuzi was free we got a 39g campaign out of him and sidestepped a year on his contract. 

The right time to sell is not always going to be at the high.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hammertime said:

It was a necessary hand to fold.

Pearson got us De Smith who's been great. PA managed to clear Beauvillier's cap without paying, which they turned into Zadorov and Kuzi was free we got a 39g campaign out of him and sidestepped a year on his contract. 

The right time to sell is not always going to be at the high.   

Yeah I understand,

but it's just too bad that, they could have got a lot more if they traded Beau and Kuz at last year's deadline when they both were at hot streaks.

8 hours ago, The King of Kings said:

44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png