[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yet Garland is more effective in every measurable way and has chemistry, why move him to save 150K?

Our freshly painted Gnome is very small and slow. What he contributes to our bottom six is more easily replaced than what Mik brings to our top six. Plus, there’s likely a Benning level GM who will send picks our way for him. 

• Haha 2
  • MillerTime 1

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Towes got 7.25 x 7 to play with Makar. Why should Hronek get less? 

Well, going to go with he isn’t as good a player. 
Not that he isn’t good, just Toews is significantly better. 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Better and a completely different defender than Hronek. The only thing they have in common is they were acquired by their respective teams to help elevate their franchise cornerstone. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

That’s an interesting opinion. Towes has 37 points and is a plus 21. Hronek has 45 points and is a plus 32. Hronek sure appears better.  Is the Hughes factor that much more significant than the Makar factor? I do agree Hughes makes his partners appear better than they truly are. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I like Big Z, though. He's physical, and we big defenseman. We need more of those kinds of players on the backend. Mobile, big, physical. I'm curious to see how the team performs when they have someone like that on their backend. 

wife said same thing to me a few days ago

I'm curious to see how the team performs when they have someone like that on their backend. 

could not resist

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That’s an interesting opinion. Towes has 37 points and is a plus 21. Hronek has 45 points and is a plus 32. Hronek sure appears better.  Is the Hughes factor that much more significant than the Makar factor? I do agree Hughes makes his partners appear better than they truly are. 

Are counting stats the only metric for evaluating defenceman?  

• Desmenko 1

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Are counting stats the only metric for evaluating defenceman?  

I’m guessing you’re in agreement then, that the Hughes factor of elevating his partner is greatly more significant than what Makar is capable of, considering that Hronek is (statistically) so much better than Towes. 

• Huggy Bear 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our freshly painted Gnome is very small and slow. What he contributes to our bottom six is more easily replaced than what Mik brings to our top six. Plus, there’s likely a Benning level GM who will send picks our way for him. 

What has Mik brought to our top 6?  1 goal since Dec 12, 2023.  It is now March 9, 2024.

Just now, Alflives said:

Winning. 

His 0 goals is helping us win?  Not Miller, Petey, Hughes, Boeser, Demko, etc etc.... it's Mikheyev that is doing it for us.  Am I doing that right Alf?

• Vintage 1

Just now, HKSR said:

His 0 goals is helping us win?  Not Miller, Petey, Hughes, Boeser, Demko, etc etc.... it's Mikheyev that is doing it for us.  Am I doing that right Alf?

Winning requires guys who play lock it up roles, especially in the top six. Garden Gnome isn’t that kind of player. He’s a really nice third liner who is more easily replaced than Mik. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Winning requires guys who play lock it up roles, especially in the top six. Garden Gnome isn’t that kind of player. He’s a really nice third liner who is more easily replaced than Mik. 

You're not that dumb Alf.  Top 6 guys need to score and produce while being responsible defensively.  

Bottom 6 guys need to be defensively responsible and produce when they can.

Mikheyev is a bottom 6 guy.  Period.

13 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Evidently you also value him more than management if the 6.5mil-6.75mil rumor/speculation has literally any legs. Love Hronek, but 7mil is a perfectly good number. Giving him almost 8mil is overkill.

thomas Chabot says no

Realistically he could get Hughes money or close to it, give it a couple seasons and you won't care about 500k-750k, his deal will probs age well as the cap goes up

If the Canucks view him as a 2 7.5-8m ain't out of the question 

I don't see the Hughes cap hit as a hard cap like others, players all know that the numbers get bigger as the cap rises, Hughes will likely end up getting 12M+ in a few years anyway

44 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Toews is 4 years older, I would say that balances the scale seeing as toews will be 37 at the end of his 7 year. Hronek would be 34 at the end of 8, ages 34-37 is generally a huge decline in most players.

I would be ecstatic with 7 or good with 7.25, definitely would try to use toews as a ceiling.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

thomas Chabot says no

He signed that out of his ELC with the mindset he'll improve, and didn't. Lol. That's not the comparable you think it is. Do you think he'd make 8mil if his contract was up this summer? 

Just because they made him an offer, doesn't mean it will get done soon. I could see this dragging out. Management wants this done and out of the way and that's in their best interests. Hronek gets more if drags this out.

20 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

Just because they made him an offer, doesn't mean it will get done soon. I could see this dragging out. Management wants this done and out of the way and that's in their best interests. Hronek gets more if drags this out.

Or he gets traded... ask Horvat. I think he knows he's got a good thing going here and wants to stay.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

32 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

He should have seen what happened to Petey when he tried dragging it out. And Hronek has way less runway here than Petey. Hronek will get traded well before he gets a chance to drag this out. Draft is probably as far as this goes imo, but we'll see.

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

I think I might look at what I can get back in a trade if that was the case.

Meh, sometimes you gotta pay

Folks need to let the dream of everyone always taking team friendly deals go, even top teams have to pay up sometimes