[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

6 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Yeah, guess it really comes down to what Hronek wants to accomplish in his next deal I suppose. He's gonna get paid one way or another. 

He loves playing with Hughes and has stated he's the best partner he's ever played with. Does he want to risk moving elsewhere for a little more 

money and play with someone he doesn't know and risk losing chemistry. Most of the teams with Cap space are bubble or or rebuilding teams. 

Will he accept a little less to play on a contender with 1 of the top D-men in the league or does he just chase money.

Either option is fine it, really comes down to what Hronek wants to accomplish in his career.    

Thing is, he agent may tell him to not take a low offer, as his barging rights may never be better. Success v $

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Hmmm, I know he liked the Canucks growing up but his segment on after hours sure sounds like The Red Wings were his favorite. LOL  

Q&A with Zadorov:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/i-m-here-to-help-i-m-an-added-piece-to-a-great-team-a-q-a-with-newest-canuck-nikita-zadorov

"It's definitely a dream to play for your childhood favourite team."

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

it sounds like thats what he wants as well from what I heard on the radio with his kooky agent. 

Lock up Hronek and big Z. Negotiate with Myers after the playoffs maybe (and only if its a really good deal for us). If we can move Garly at the draft, maybe try to ink Lindholm?

Long term and a cap hit under 5 is good with me.

D-men like Zadorov are a dying breed. Not as many D-men respect the art of a good open ice hit anymore.

He knows the importance of a big hit for a team. It can set the tone for an entire game or even a series.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

Love BB, but the fact is he's bad defensively and in his own zone. This has to account into his AAV in some way. 7 per season max in my opinion. Even that's a being generous, but his chemistry with JT, JT 's length of contract, make it a nice duo moving forward. 

2021-2023 Beoser; yes. 2023-2024 Beoser has been a complete hockey player minus that 10-15games after Xmas where he seemed to revert to his old lazy ways.

Having said all of this, he is a luxury on this team. Hopefully, by the time his contract is up, Lekkermaki is ready to go. If so, you offer Brock a fair deal, dig in, and see if he accepts it. Hometown discounts don’t exist, but PA did him a solid resigning him, then sticking with him on his journey back. That might be enough for him to sign a reasonable (7m or less) retirement contract here. He definitely didn’t want to leave last year when rumours were swirling.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Long term and a cap hit under 5 is good with me.

D-men like Zadorov are a dying breed. Not as many D-men respect the art of a good open ice hit anymore.

He knows the importance of a big hit for a team. It can set the tone for an entire game or even a series.

He is also a hell of a good hockey player too, and exactly what the Canucks needed on the back end; a physical presence that also can drive offense from the 2nd LHD,

5m for 6 years for me please.

38 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I'd prefer the right shot, defensive center in Lindholm. But curios what fans think? Brock or Lindholm? Brock probably can't be re-upped if Lindolm is extended?

We can afford Lindholm and Zadorov if Mikheyev is moved.

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

I think tanev takes a bit of a discount on AAV and totsl money to come here 

Like 3 x 2 yrs or 3 at most

I think they re sign Zads 4.25x4

myers is gone 

juulsen May be a regular no. 6 d man and he could still continue to improve 

not many UFAs that look super appealing 

Reinhardt prob resigns with fla before July 1 - he just has such a good thing going there to leave even if it’s for his home town team 

I would love JGuntz but not at 7 years or even I would love him at 8 mill x 4yrs but I suspect he will get more total money somewhere else 

tough to say what will happen with Lindy I could see some like CBJ make a big offer as they need a 1C badly except that is not their only problem 

if Boston clears cap they might go hard after Lindy 

Bluegger and Joshua have been great 

they may look at trading garland and see if he can be moved with no retention 

they might look to trade milky or see if he rebounds next year and then sell high on him

one thing that has come up is selling high on BB…I just think there is too much chemistry and versatility there to live him plus he prob takes home town discount as well 

Zad will be more than 4.25 on a 4 year contract; probably 5.5 or 6. You got to give him some term to bring that number down. He’ll be 5m/6yrs is my guess.

Let’s forget about Tanev coming here and him taking a hometown discount. On a 2 year contract, he’ll want 4-5m. I’d much rather have Cole on a 2-2.5m/2 year contract, and be able to get Willander into the lineup when he’s is hopefully ready in a couple years.

As for UFAs, I don’t see us landing any big names unless they show fall in our lap; unlikely. My guess is that any modifications to the team will be through hockey trades; nhl player for nhl player plus maybe a B prospect. PA needs to be smart here and ensure that he prioritized resigning our core guys over the next 2 years.

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We can afford Lindholm and Zadorov if Mikheyev is moved.

We can afford both too if we are shrewd with our other expenditures too. Once again, resigning guys at the right price and term is key. With a 4-6 year window right now, PA can weaponize longer term length to fit guys in.

• ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I'd prefer the right shot, defensive center in Lindholm. But curios what fans think? Brock or Lindholm? Brock probably can't be re-upped if Lindolm is extended?

Hardest thing to do is score goals. I wonder if management talks to both Lindy and Brock to see where each is for their next contract? Lindy will likely get 8 mil x 7 as a UFA. We could offer him the extra year to bring down the yearly cap allocation. But do we want to allocate 7 mil per year for him? I guess as miller ages he can move to Lindy’s wing? Going to be a tough choice between Lindy and Brock.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Zad will be more than 4.25 on a 4 year contract; probably 5.5 or 6.

Maybe, maybe on a crap team. Love Zadarov and what he brings, but he is not a legit top four dman on a team with cup aspirations. He can fill in there when need be but he has his warts. He's worth top bottom pairing money and some extra for his toughness. Whatever Whitecloud and Hague are getting are decent comparables. No way I give Zadorov 5.5. or 6, doubt any teams do, or at least any good teams. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hardest thing to do is score goals. I wonder if management talks to both Lindy and Brock to see where each is for their next contract? Lindy will likely get 8 mil x 7 as a UFA. We could offer him the extra year to bring down the yearly cap allocation. But do we want to allocate 7 mil per year for him? I guess as miller ages he can move to Lindy’s wing? Going to be a tough choice between Lindy and Brock.

Ya, or maybe a one year showme deal for Lindholm. His value has never been so low so signing a long term for him right now makes little sense. One year showme and a chance at a cup and to show Canucks and other teams he still has it. Boston is the fly in the ointment in my opinion. I could see them handing over a contract too good for EL to refuse.

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Ya, or maybe a one year showme deal for Lindholm. His value has never been so low so signing a long term for him right now makes little sense. One year showme and a chance at a cup and to show Canucks and other teams he still has it. Boston is the fly in the ointment in my opinion. I could see them handing over a contract too good for EL to refuse.

Much like what the Flames gave Kadri? I think Lindy will get on the open market and (maybe?) even more. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I could see it being something like 30-32 mil over 7 years

I'm guessing you messed up on your math. That would be 4.57 million a year for 7 years!!!! 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Stretch out the term to keep the cap allocation lower

If they were to stretch it out for a lower AAV a direct comparable would be Scott Mayfield who just signed this summer. Mayfield actually plays a lot more minutes and blocks a lot more shots so on 7 years 3.5 would be a definite ceiling.

Besides that comparable we have another one in house. Carson Soucy who plays more minutes signed at 3.25 over 3 this summer.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

7 years takes him to 35.  The value will be there for the whole contract term as the cap moves up even if he's a 3rd pairing guy in his 30s.

He is turning 29 in a month 29+7=36, that takes him to 36.

Let's all not forget that this kid only plays 17 minutes a night. I know people love big hits and players that fight but you can't throw out huge money at the bottom of the lineup. I'm guessing this is Benning PTSD that has people normalizing this.

• Confused 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Maybe, maybe on a crap team. Love Zadarov and what he brings, but he is not a legit top four dman on a team with cup aspirations. He can fill in there when need be but he has his warts. He's worth top bottom pairing money and some extra for his toughness. Whatever Whitecloud and Hague are getting are decent comparables. No way I give Zadorov 5.5. or 6, doubt any teams do, or at least any good teams. 

I disagree; I think Zadorov has solidified himself as a 2nd pair guy. In addition, Soucy has looked good in his opportunities too.

what the Canucks have is a true top pairing, then 2 pairs that can play equal minutes. Both are fully cab-let of being the shutdown type or contributing a bit on D. 

This isn’t the VGKs D, but our fwd core is not old like theirs nor do we bugger around with LTIR yearly.

5 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I'm guessing you messed up on your math. That would be 4.57 million a year for 7 years!!!! 

If they were to stretch it out for a lower AAV a direct comparable would be Scott Mayfield who just signed this summer. Mayfield actually plays a lot more minutes and blocks a lot more shots so on 7 years 3.5 would be a definite ceiling.

Besides that comparable we have another one in house. Carson Soucy who plays more minutes signed at 3.25 over 3 this summer.

He is turning 29 in a month 29+7=36, that takes him to 36.

Let's all not forget that this kid only plays 17 minutes a night. I know people love big hits and players that fight but you can't throw out huge money at the bottom of the lineup. I'm guessing this is Benning PTSD that has people normalizing this.

74E674D7-8BC8-48F1-A402-B893CD70662A.gif.50e204944a1cbcfd5f5b83af9a968c36.gif

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Much like what the Flames gave Kadri? I think Lindy will get on the open market and (maybe?) even more. 

That's my fear. Crazy though, as his offence has dried up.

53 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Our 2011 team had to let go of their playmaking rhd as he got an offer, he couldn't refuse.... at least we've got the long end of the stick on Hroneks deal. 

I would like to avoid an Eirhoff situation. That being said our D corps was never nearly as dangerous without him and he was never dangerous again after he left. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I disagree; I think Zadorov has solidified himself as a 2nd pair guy. In addition, Soucy has looked good in his opportunities too.

what the Canucks have is a true top pairing, then 2 pairs that can play equal minutes. Both are fully cab-let of being the shutdown type or contributing a bit on D. 

This isn’t the VGKs D, but our fwd core is not old like theirs nor do we bugger around with LTIR yearly.

All season Zads in the top four? Too many gaffs for my liking. He has had some good games, but he is caught out of position way to often to be in my top four. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

That's my fear. Crazy though, as his offence has dried up.

And yet he’s been a key player in our four recent wins. There will be more than one club who will give Lindy 50+ million come July 1. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

All season Zads in the top four? Too many gaffs for my liking. He has had some good games, but he is caught out of position way to often to be in my top four. 

He’s a good mix of physical, solid defensively, and offensive. He’s also been a core part of our team since he arrived, and we know he fits. He’d be a great long term partner for Willander thinking a few years ahead. Sometimes the grass isn’t always greener…

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

He is 6th in TOI among canucks D. Are you thinking of running just 1 winger and 3 D per pair?

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And yet he’s been a key player in our four recent wins. There will be more than one club who will give Lindy 50+ million come July 1. 

I just don’t think he is valued at 8/9m long term in the league; he is an elite defensive fwd. My guess is he’ll sign a 6.5-7m dollar 7-8 year deal. I hope it’s with the Canucks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I just don’t think he is valued at 8/9m long term in the league; he is an elite defensive fwd. My guess is he’ll sign a 6.5-7m dollar 7-8 year deal. I hope it’s with the Canucks.

If we go 7 mil x 8 that’s 56 mil. For another club to beat that number they’d have to go over 8 per year because of their limit a 7 year term. I don’t think we would go that high though. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we go 7 mil x 8 that’s 56 mil. For another club to beat that number they’d have to go over 8 per year because of their limit a 7 year term. I don’t think we would go that high though. 

Sorry, was thinking a 6-7 year deal; wrongly put the other. I wouldn’t give him more than 6 years.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 1