[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

1 hour ago, Bobby James said:

I wonder if we could do Hronek for $6.75 - $7 million per for 8 years (give him full term to help keep the cap hit reasonable).

Then Zad for 4-5 years at maybe $3.75 - $4.25. I also believe he is more like a number 4/5 guy typically and he definitely has some fumbles in his own end, but brings lots of other good qualities. I love the physicality and if that means we over pay by a quarter or half a million then so be it. If he wants 5 million or something like that then I think you gotta let him walk. The team needs to be built smartly to best support our core and overpaying a bottom 3 Dman unfortunately isn't a priority.  

$ 55 million over 8 years, structure it front loaded and signing bonus laden for keeping the cap number under 7m. $ 6.875m per, going to require trade protection I am sure as well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

$ 55 million over 8 years, structure it front loaded and signing bonus laden for keeping the cap number under 7m. $ 6.875m per, going to require trade protection I am sure as well.

Can't be a complete no trade. Hronek's not worth that. Modified No Trade Clause probably. He can submit a list of teams that he can be traded to. 

If Allvin can get his cap hit under 7M, that would be a massive win for this club, especially with the OEL cap hit counting against the team 

• Like 1

I'm hoping for $6.25x8

Forsling got $5.75M and he's putting up extremely respectable numbers not playing with a Quinn Hughes. I'm hoping Allvin can convince Hronek that his value is tied to Quinn and I hope he doesn't pull an Anton Carter. Pay Hronek more for RD, but not much more than the Forsling contract, imho.

I wouldn't overpay Hronek because of the bump he's gotten from Hughes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think Hronek will end up signing around $6.75M a year. The other priority signings from what I understand are Zadorov, Joshua, and Blueger. Lindholm if he’s reasonable. 

Re-signing Myers is decent but nothing higher than $2.5M per season. 

6 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

This blueline hasn't looked this good since 2011. Coincidentally during a time where Myers is injured. I wouldn't bring Myers back at league min.

What we need is a replacement/upgrade on Cole.  Other than that, I think we're good for next year assuming Hronek and Zadorov re-sign.

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-???

Zadorov-Juulsen

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

What we need is a replacement/upgrade on Cole.  Other than that, I think we're good for next year assuming Hronek and Zadorov re-sign.

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-???

Zadorov-Juulsen

Cole has been great, just have to understand you can’t drive him like a rented mule at this stage of his career.

He was playing a lot of hard minutes and you can see he has fallen off since being one of our best D men early in the season.

Take away Myers and add Tanev in the offseason and that is a decent D core.

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Tanev

Cole-Zadorov

Juulsen 

Cole and Tanev are placeholders until Willander and maybe D Petey can make the jump in 2-3 years 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Cole has been great, just have to understand you can’t drive him like a rented mule at this stage of his career.

He was playing a lot of hard minutes and you can see he has fallen off since being one of our best D men early in the season.

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Tanev

Cole-Zadorov

Juulsen 

Cole and Tanev are placeholders until Willander and maybe D Petey can make the jump in 2-3 years 

Those are my thoughts as well.  Depends on how much Cole wants, but I assume with his play and minutes trailing off, he'll be happy with a deal in the $2M range. 

I'm still hoping Tanev gives us a solid discount to come home.  Imagine getting Cole and Tanev combined for less than $5M AAV... that would help tremendously. 

42 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Those are my thoughts as well.  Depends on how much Cole wants, but I assume with his play and minutes trailing off, he'll be happy with a deal in the $2M range. 

I'm still hoping Tanev gives us a solid discount to come home.  Imagine getting Cole and Tanev combined for less than $5M AAV... that would help tremendously. 

I doubt it.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I doubt it.

Will be tough, apparently there are teams waiting with 5 million dollar contracts. We already know Tanev doesn't like haircuts, not sure he would take one that big to come home.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Provost said:

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Tanev

Cole-Zadorov

Juulsen 

Love the idea of signing Tanev in offseason but do believe we should also bring another depth Dman as a replacement for either him or Soucy in the event of injury.
Juulsen has become a great option but think we might need one more 2way Dman in that lineup. 

50 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't think Tanev is going to do us any favors. In fact he's probably a perfect match for dallas I would imagine he stays. 

I would much rather keep Myers over Cole especially if the money is similar. 

If we can sign Zad 4.5x5 I'll be thrilled. 

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Tanev

Cole-Zadorov

Juulsen 

It is a good looking D core... BUT

Cole is 35 right now...I just don't think you get 2-3 years outta him...maybe 1 more year.

If the price was right I could see us exploring a Brendan Dhillon signing (2 year contract) this summer.

He's a UFA, big (6'4 225lbs), local guy (Surrey) and stated (2 weeks ago) that he'd love the opportunity to play for his hometown team. 

Both Cole and Dhillon bring a lot of the same elements, However Dhillon is 2 years younger, a little bigger and happy to drop the gloves if push comes to shove. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

It is a good looking D core... BUT

Cole is 35 right now...I just don't think you get 2-3 years outta him...maybe 1 more year.

If the price was right I could see us exploring a Brendan Dhillon signing (2 year contract) this summer.

He's a UFA, big (6'4 225lbs), local guy (Surrey) and stated (2 weeks ago) that he'd love the opportunity to play for his hometown team. 

Both Cole and Dhillon bring a lot of the same elements, However Dhillon is 2 years younger, a little bigger and happy to drop the gloves if push comes to shove. 

Brenden Dillon would be a solid vet, but he's another LHD and unlike Cole doesn't play the right side. While theoretically we could move Zadorov or Soucy over instead, Tocchet seems to prefer playing both of those guys on the left side.

If we're talking about grabbing a guy from Winnipeg's defense corps then I'm hoping DeMelo makes it to free agency. He would be a fantastic 2nd pairing RD behind Hronek. I'm sure he'll be looking for a raise this summer and at 31 isn't super young either, but personally I'd rather go after DeMelo than Tanev this summer.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Brenden Dillon would be a solid vet, but he's another LHD and unlike Cole doesn't play the right side. While theoretically we could move Zadorov or Soucy over instead, Tocchet seems to prefer playing both of those guys on the left side.

If we're talking about grabbing a guy from Winnipeg's defense corps then I'm hoping DeMelo makes it to free agency. He would be a fantastic 2nd pairing RD behind Hronek. I'm sure he'll be looking for a raise this summer and at 31 isn't super young either, but personally I'd rather go after DeMelo than Tanev this summer.

Yeah, the righty / lefty issue isn't solved with a Dhillon signing...

I was thinking more as replacement for Cole...who I think has done everything (and more) than has been asked as him this year.

Was just thinking Dhillon (who wants to be here) might come a little cheaper and offer a bit of a hometown discount.

You're correct though, the right side is what should be addressed this off season....RHD don't come cheap.

We all know Tanev is a warrior, It'll be interesting to see how he preforms this postseason, especially if they go deep. 

We all know the injury history and he's turning 35 next year, I just wonder how much gas he's gonna have left in the tank on 2 or 3 year term (It'll take him to 37ish)

The guy steps in front of slapshots without fear and sells out on most shifts, which you have to love and respect but...

It's a grind on the body at any age...but mid to late 30's might be to much to ask. 

Watching to see how he holds up this post season.

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-???

Zadorov-Juulsen

Lyubushkin might be a cheap replacement option for Cole. Not as good but right handed at the very least. I don't think we would run a true 2nd pair. The 2nd and 3rd pair would likely average 16-18 minutes a pop. Which is around Lyubushkin's average the last few years being 16-17 minutes. Pesce's name is out there, I think he might re-sign, but if he doesn't I'd put cap aside for him. Moving Mik would give us a lot more flexibility. We have pieces we can replace him with within the team. Raty and Podz should be sniffing the NHL next year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To me a strategy management should use is asking the players as a group before contract time if they are happy and want to stay together and win.If so you only have so much money.

You want to be on a winning team take fair value and nit a penny more.

To me 7.25 to 7.5 is a decent amount.

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

So it's agree'd then.

He should get less than Sergachev. 

7.8 seems like the right number. 

It doesn’t say anything about Hronek getting less. He wants $8 million+. We were already told this. Maybe Allvin can change his mind. If not, he will be traded in the summer.