[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

16 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

How many times has that happened this year?

Enough that he's a top 4D in my opinion.  He doesn't always do ALL of it at once, but he creates from the back end regularly, hits regularly, and is great at keeping the crease clear.  When he puts it all together in a single game he plays like a #1D (a la Boston game).  We're not paying him to do that.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I think he is a fantastic 3rd pairing Dman. I think he should be paid as such. I also don't think you sign a 29 year old 3rd pairing dman for 7 years.

I would be fine with a 3 year deal at 3.5 mil. Soucys deal with a little extra bonus for physicality.

If Zadorov wasn't 4 million or 6+ years he is going to have to head off to a crappy team in free agency (like Gudas and Guddy). 

Then you better plan on spending 6-7m in FA to fill that spot. You totally underestimate how hard and much $ it will cost to fill that void in FA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Enough that he's a top 4D in my opinion.  He doesn't always do ALL of it at once, but he creates from the back end regularly, hits regularly, and is great at keeping the crease clear.  When he puts it all together in a single game he plays like a #1D (a la Boston game).  We're not paying him to do that.  

250 pound giant D with elite skating, high compete, very physical, smart and the wind to play top four minutes don’t grow on trees. These guys are a rare breed. Someone will pay him 25 mil. I’m hoping (expecting actually) it’s us. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, HKSR said:

He had a good game against the bruins (4 hits and an assist) but JT is the one who "took over" that game (3 points, 8 hits, 13 of 19 in the circle) and Quinn played over 10 minutes more than Z that night who only had 17:33 in his 1D role 🤣🤣🤣.

So what other games do you think he took over?

Just now, Coryberg said:

He had a good game against the bruins (4 hits and an assist) but JT is the one who "took over" that game (3 points, 8 hits, 13 of 19 in the circle) and Quinn played over 10 minutes more than Z that night who only had 17:33 in his 1D role 🤣🤣🤣.

Would you prefer we have a team of these cuties?

image.png.f0c41fa4aa95ac9a9317d3d089566ac1.png

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I think Lekkermaki can (hopefully) fill the Beoser role IF Brock wants the moon. Be awesome if he steals a spot in camp in 2024…but can’t count on that.

Boeser has kind of grown up with some of the guys on this team. Boeser certainly does not give the greedy arse vibes some players do.

I would be surprised if he did not sign for a reasonable deal to stay on this team with these guys when the time comes. 

Just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

The fact that you compare Shenn to Juulsen is beyond asinine....and par for course. 

Think you need to go back and watch some of Schenn’s games. I loved the guy; he was physical and sound defensively, but offered no intimidation, no offense, and wasn’t a great nor fast skater. He was a wickedly sound defensive player with gobs of exp and leadership. Having said that, he didn’t intimidate the other team like Zad does.

Juulsen is playing that exact game for us right now minus the exp and leadership; often leads team in hits and is great defensively. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

You clearly didn't watch that game so I can't say much more.  Zadorov was the catalyst from the back end that game.  

Like I said, we are not paying him to be a 1D, so if we're getting everything he brings then he's clearly a top 4D.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Think you need to go back and watch some of Schenn’s games. I loved the guy; he was physical and sound defensively, but offered no intimidation, no offense, and wasn’t a great nor fast skater. He was a wickedly sound defensive player with gobs of exp and leadership. Having said that, he didn’t intimidate the other team like Zad does.

Juulsen is playing that exact game for us right now minus the exp and leadership; often leads team in hits and is great defensively. 

True.  I'm thinking he doesn't actually watch the games as I iterated above lol

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

You clearly didn't watch that game so I can't say much more.  Zadorov was the catalyst from the back end that game.  

Like I said, we are not paying him to be a 1D, so if we're getting everything he brings then he's clearly a top 4D.  

Coryberg loves using TOI to depict players value to the teams success. The Dj_Blueger-Garland line carried us for 10 games when the top6 cooled down…yet they played less minutes. As such, they weren’t as important to our success.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Would you prefer we have a team of these cuties?

image.png.f0c41fa4aa95ac9a9317d3d089566ac1.png

I proclaim that Miller took over the Boston game with 3 points, 8 hits and 13 of 19 in the faceoff dot and you ask if I would like a undersized winger? 

As for Caufield I would love to have him on our team. 

24 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I'm taking Brock over Lindholm if that's the decision. Lindholm is a great luxury to have, but since we already have Miller and Petey we don't need another top 6 C. However, at the moment Boeser is our only consistent top 6 winger. While theoretically top 6 wingers are easier to acquire, it's actually a pretty glaring hole on the roster (especially if Boeser goes).

While one-for-one Lindholm might be worth more, on our roster Boeser is more important. If Lindholm were able to develop better chemistry with Petey then it might be a different situation.

I can buy that. I'm just big on centers, especially right side of which we have none. I'm betting in the end it'd moot. Too many teams desperate for centers and a thin UFA center pool add up to some team offering Lindolm more than he's worth. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coryberg said:

I proclaim that Miller took over the Boston game with 3 points, 8 hits and 13 of 19 in the faceoff dot and you ask if I would like a undersized winger? 

As for Caufield I would love to have him on our team. 

Do you would rather have Caufield at 8 mil than Big Z at 4.5? Seriously? 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Have you been in a coma? We had Luke Shenn for the past 2 seasons... Luke averaged  17:13 a game, Z averages 17:04, Luke brought the same skill set (is the all time NHL hits leader and dropped the gloves to stand up for his teammates). 

Zads and Schenn are different players IMO...

They have some of the same characteristics, hitting, TOI and willing to drop the gloves... but Zadorov offers more offence, much quicker, bigger and younger.

Schenn is making $2.75 a year at 34...I suspect your going to have to pay Zads in the area of $4.25-$4.75 million range. He'll be 29 next month. 

Would like to sign him for 3-4 years but hell probably want 4-5 years.       

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Schenn fought 5 times and had 21 points in 55 games last season as a canuck.

(.091 fights per game and .38 points per game)

Zadorov has fought 3 times and has 9 points in 39 games.

(.077 fights per game and .23 points per game)

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you would rather have Caufield at 8 mil than Big Z at 4.5? Seriously? 

First of all Caufield is a winger and Zadorov is a defenseman. I wouldn't want either at those cap hits, I would say they are equally out of whack. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Coryberg loves using TOI to depict players value to the teams success. The Dj_Blueger-Garland line carried us for 10 games when the top6 cooled down…yet they played less minutes. As such, they weren’t as important to our success.

I think the coach is the one responsible for depicting ice time for the teams success. But you obviously know something Tocchet doesn't. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Fighting is not intimidation. It results in broken hands, instigator penalties, and lost time (in game and IR). 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Calling him a 1D makes me think that you're Helen Keller.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Z's intimidation comes from laying the body. I'm sure Scheifele clenched his cheeks every time he saw Z coming.

We've needed a truly physical top 4 defender for years, now he have two on the left side. Lets keep them.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Would younger folk know who Hellen Keller was and why she’s historically significant? 

Probably not…but the sarcastic premise of the post probably would result in a google 🙂

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Z's intimidation comes from laying the body. I'm sure Scheifele clenched his cheeks every time he saw Z coming.

We've needed a truly physical top 4 defender for years, now he have two on the left side. Lets keep them.

And Luke schenn didn't become the all time hits leader by giving out handshakes. I don't mind paying someone to hit but you aren't going to give a McDonald's worker $30an hour no matter how well they flip a burger.

32 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Should we pay DJ-Blueger-Garland like first line players? 

I love Zads... hope he's back, but the guy is a really good number 5 whose size and skating making him worth roughly what a number 4 guy would get. I definitely have hesitation about a 6-7 year deal for a bottom pair (maybe number 4 sometimes) defenceman.