[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I'll take Hanifan over Hronek every time, but they are decent comparables, I agree.  However, in that context, hanifan has made his bones on his own merit much more than Hronek.  He's never had the privilege of travelling in a superstars wake the way hronek has, so we have a truer sense of what NH really brings.  We're talking about giving hronek a career defining contract based on one year of playing with Quinn Hughes, who is having a historic year.

I'm sorry, that's crazy

I agree with a lot of what you say… right up until the end. Hronek actually out produced Hanifin even without the Canucks year (ppg wise). The guy is no slouch. 

I think (I could be wrong) that most people would take Hanifin still, but FH is a righty (which is worth something) which is worth a bit too. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol mackinnon in the 3-5 range for hart.. colorado is nothing without mackinnon... they lost nichuskin for chunks of the year.. makar isn't up to his previous godlike years.. their goalie is a sieve..  tampa bay is still tampa bay with stamkos vasilevski point hedman sergachev

Wait…what?

Sergachev has been injured for most of the season. And even when he did play, he wasn’t very good. Vasilevskiy has had a down year. And the supporting players are weaker in Tampa than in the past.

What Kucherov has done this year is incomparable. He has 52 more points than 2nd place on the team. He should be a slam-dunk for the Hart.

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

I already said Hronek isn't signing for less than $8 million.  After the Hanifan contract I am more convinced this is true.  RHD are at a premium, especially ones that can play on the top pairing.

Hronek will most likely be traded.  If this happens, we should try and re-sign Lindholm to secure our forwards and top 9 and then trade Hronek for a more defensive RHD that can play with Hughes plus try and get another forward as well and a pick...

Another option is to sign Matt Roy as a UFA, he can play with Hughes.  And then trade Hronek for picks and prospects to free up cap space...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Allan Walsh is a dick.  He will hold out for $8 million+ for his client.  I mean have you read his tweets on X?

I don't use Twitter anymore... what did he tweet?

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't use Twitter anymore... what did he tweet?

He basically said that NHL players are underpaid and should be paid equal to NBA players. 

So McDavid should be getting paid what LeBron James is getting paid. You think a guy with this mindset is going to tell Hronek to sign for less than $8 million?  

Walsh is also the agent for Jonathan Huberdeau. That tells you everything you need to know. 

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He basically said that NHL players are underpaid and should be paid equal to NBA players. 

So McDavid should be getting paid what LeBron James is getting paid. You think a guy with this mindset is going to tell Hronek to sign for less than $8 million?  

Walsh is also the agent for Jonathan Huberdeau. That tells you everything you need to know. 

Agents work for players.

If Hronek really likes it here and wants to stay he’ll tell his agent to get a deal done.

If he’s only about the money he’ll be traded.

Not gonna spend much time worrying about it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, D-Money said:

Wait…what?

Sergachev has been injured for most of the season. And even when he did play, he wasn’t very good. Vasilevskiy has had a down year. And the supporting players are weaker in Tampa than in the past.

What Kucherov has done this year is incomparable. He has 52 more points than 2nd place on the team. He should be a slam-dunk for the Hart.

yes i know sergachev barely played this season but i'm just saying in general tampa bay is still loaded with star players on the team outside of kucherov.. colorado is literally just mackinnon rantanen and makar.. they are winning inspite of god awful goaltending. while rantanen is good.. but i don't think he's remotely the same player without mackinnon. take mackinnon out of colorado you have a lottery team with that goaltending. take kucherov out of tampa bay.. they prolly fighting for the wildcard spot instead of top 3 in their division.. kucherov have 52 more points than the next guy.. mackinnon have 35 points more than the next guy too.. it's not his fault he's scoring so many goals and rantanen gets a secondary assist on it. rantanen have as much secondary assist as point have in primary assist. 

On 4/11/2024 at 12:40 PM, stawns said:

Hrs a great partner for Hughes, no doubt, but apart from that, hrs just a very solid defenceman.  Breaking the bank for him means having to other significant players walk and will hinder their ability to accumulate depth in the next couple critical years.

They are overpaying one player (granted he is actually elite), they can't afford to overpay another and expect to remain on an upward trajectory, imo 

Trade him now while his value is high.. they should of done that with kuz. Maybe we can get him for a couple of 1st.

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So I guess it's going to be McDavid and 3 other players on the team.

10 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

So I guess it's going to be McDavid and 3 other players on the team.

Yes, according to Walsh, the NHL should cut down to 5 skaters and just play them for 40+ minutes and then maybe have 4-5 substitutes on the bench.  Just like the NBA...

• Haha 2

I am ok with moving him and picks and bringing up Abbotsford D and or free agent D at a lesser price.  We are getting top heavy with long term expensive contracts and while Mr. H is a good Dman...respectfully he is not in the 8 million range..he will get his money somewhere and good for him but Canucks brass should sell high on this one

3 hours ago, testycal said:

I am ok with moving him and picks and bringing up Abbotsford D and or free agent D at a lesser price.  We are getting top heavy with long term expensive contracts and while Mr. H is a good Dman...respectfully he is not in the 8 million range..he will get his money somewhere and good for him but Canucks brass should sell high on this one

Imo, you play Myers with Hughes and he's going to get 40-45 points.  Does that mean he's a $7m+ guy?

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Imo, you play Myers with Hughes and he's going to get 40-45 points.  Does that mean he's a $7m+ guy?

Yup. Hughes is certainly a phenom. Our management is absolutely waying Hronek at 7.5 and the value he brings to the club against what they will get in trade return for him + the cost to replace him and the dip in overall team performance. 

• Vintage 1

On 4/13/2024 at 5:40 PM, wai_lai416 said:

lol mackinnon in the 3-5 range for hart.. colorado is nothing without mackinnon... they lost nichuskin for chunks of the year.. makar isn't up to his previous godlike years.. their goalie is a sieve..  tampa bay is still tampa bay with stamkos vasilevski point hedman sergachev

Kucherov is 52 points ahead of second on his team, will get 100 assists, more points than Mack. Makar may not be God like like in the past but is still the second best Dman this year and better than Hedman, they also have a very good set of D not to mention Rantanen also over 100 points. Vasilevskiy is not the same as past seasons, in fact his drop off from previous years is far more substantial than that of Makar. Sergachev has only played 34 games this year... Every team these top guys are on are much different without the top guys, they are all insanely valuable to their teams but Kucherov has the Lightning far higher than they would be without him this year, more so than Colorado. McDavid I have second because when he was playing like a normal allstar - the team was one of the worste in the league, and he turned it up to last season's version and Edmonton became the best team in the NHL since. I loop Mack in to 3-5 with Matthews who isn't getting enough love if he gets to 70 goals this year, 14 higher than second in the league. Crosby has been insanely valuable as well, especially if the Pens get in the playoffs. If I was submitting a top 5 ballot, it would be 1. Kucherov, 2. McDavid, 3/4 Mackinnon/Matthews depending on if Matthews hits 70, 5. Crosby. 

19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Agents work for players.

If Hronek really likes it here and wants to stay he’ll tell his agent to get a deal done.

If he’s only about the money he’ll be traded.

Not gonna spend much time worrying about it.

Nailed it!

Pretty simple and straightforward.

On point! Especially the worrying part.

23 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Or as close to 8 as he can get, which is what some folks here have been saying 

I still think 7.5-7.75 would be the sweet spot in Vancouver

4 hours ago, Tower102 said:

Kucherov is 52 points ahead of second on his team, will get 100 assists, more points than Mack. Makar may not be God like like in the past but is still the second best Dman this year and better than Hedman, they also have a very good set of D not to mention Rantanen also over 100 points. Vasilevskiy is not the same as past seasons, in fact his drop off from previous years is far more substantial than that of Makar. Sergachev has only played 34 games this year... Every team these top guys are on are much different without the top guys, they are all insanely valuable to their teams but Kucherov has the Lightning far higher than they would be without him this year, more so than Colorado. McDavid I have second because when he was playing like a normal allstar - the team was one of the worste in the league, and he turned it up to last season's version and Edmonton became the best team in the NHL since. I loop Mack in to 3-5 with Matthews who isn't getting enough love if he gets to 70 goals this year, 14 higher than second in the league. Crosby has been insanely valuable as well, especially if the Pens get in the playoffs. If I was submitting a top 5 ballot, it would be 1. Kucherov, 2. McDavid, 3/4 Mackinnon/Matthews depending on if Matthews hits 70, 5. Crosby. 

to each their own opinion Colorado is literally a 1 line team they have mackinnon rantanen and a combination of nush and druoin depending on which is not available.. their 2nd line is guys made up of 30-39 points. as compared to tampa bay, their top line they have kucherov and point.. then they actually have a 2nd line of stamkos hagel cirelli who are close to a ppg themselves as a 2nd line and prolly better than a lot of teams first line. colorado if you take out mackinnon they dont' have a 2nd line that can step up. tampa bay take out kucherov they still have a very good 2nd line. also the fact mackinnon have higher production 5v5 compared to kucherov. i can say the same thing about mackinnon compared to mcdavid, if mackinnon was just normal colorado will easily be one of the worse team too.. they have god awful goaltending and require the offence to bail them out. 

13 hours ago, Combover said:

If only Frank seravali had been right about anything he’s ever said it might have some merit. 
he’s the  weather man of sports insiders. 

He's the only one of the so called sports insiders to call the Canucks a playoff team at the beging of the season....but then again the weather man is right once in a while.

Edited by One eyed Jack