[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

2 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

In a few years juulsen will be a solid vet and DPetey will be ready to play on that third pair. Not sure soucy is going to suddenly develop into a top 4 after he hits 30 but one can dream.

I really don't see a fit for big Z considering those 3 aforementioned players as 3rd pairing options at much cheaper costs. The reality of the salary cap world is good teams can't keep all their players and you have to prioritize where you spend your money.

If he was willing to take a 2 year deal at 4 or less that would be ideal. Could keep him around for next year and if Dpetey makes a push after a year in Abby you could flip Z for a similar package that we gave up to get him. Unfortunately he wants to get the longest term, is tired of being a suitcase so will want some trade protection and biggest money possible as he is turning 29 and this is his peak (can't blame him for that). 

I like Big Z, though. He's physical, and we big defenseman. We need more of those kinds of players on the backend. Mobile, big, physical. I'm curious to see how the team performs when they have someone like that on their backend. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I like Big Z, though. He's physical, and we big defenseman. We need more of those kinds of players on the backend. Mobile, big, physical. I'm curious to see how the team performs when they have someone like that on their backend. 

This playoff run is going to be huge for him and Lindholm. They literally have millions on the line, hopefully they can find another level.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I think they'll let Joshua walk.  They can find and develop a cheaper version, imo

I’m hoping Joshua will show some loyalty.

He was a 4th line grinder before Toc got a hold of him and gave him to confidence to be more than what he was.

I know that kind of sentiment is pretty dead and gone nowadays with players. But Dak strikes me as a loyal guy and he may be willing to resign for a decent price. He was on his way out of the NHL before coming to Van.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

He was a 4th line grinder before Toc got a hold of him and gave him to confidence to be more than what he was.

I know that kind of sentiment is pretty dead and gone nowadays with players. But Dak strikes me as a loyal guy and he may be willing to resign for a decent price. He was on his way out of the NHL before coming to Van.

DJ will for sure test to free agent market. And if there’s a Benning (the Moran) type GM out there who will pay him 10 mil then he’s gone. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

DJ will for sure test to free agent market. And if there’s a Benning (the Moran) type GM out there who will pay him 10 mil then he’s gone. 

That’s probably the case. But if we offered a solid contract before free agency I hope he considers it and what this team has done for him career wise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I don't see them re signing Lindy. To much money for a 3rd line center IMO.

I could see them bring back Blueger on a reasonable short term contract, frees up money to resign others. 

I feel Lindy is luxury we can't afford.   

Young center prospects are a strong need for this team. All we have is Raty, afaik.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

He's the only one on this team that takes liberties on opposing players (fashwash, pushing) after the whistle and dares them to do something about it. 

The rest of our guys push and shove sometimes after the whistle but that's more to assert themselves and let the opposition know we'll fight back. Z is the only aggressor that goes after them and makes them feel small. 

We need him

yeah, that's what i think as well. for what he brings, I think he keeps the opposing team honest. and to top it off, Zadorov isn't afraid to fight. He's not a small guy. Curious to see the impact of his physical presence during the playoffs, but I think you can already see - while not perfect in his own end - he does affect and tilt the ice in favour, more often than not, for the Canucks. Winnipeg are a large team, so I'm curious to see the impact he's going to make (if any) in tonight's game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Might be easier to move Garland tho 

ugh, not sure if I want to move him now considering how he's played. Mik I'd rather move. He's still a useful player, just doesn't produce a lot of offense anymore. But he can still kill penalties, and once his speed is back, is very good on the forecheck. He was good against Vegas. Let's see if he can keep his play up against the Jets tonight. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

would be difficult to try to sign Lindholm when he can test the market come July 1 and sign the fattest and biggest deal for the remainder years of his career. 

But I'd think that management already knew that their chances of signing Lindholm to a long term deal was probably small when they acquired him. 

Ya playoff support/depth and EP back up plan

4 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Young center prospects are a strong need for this team. All we have is Raty, afaik.

Agreed, either we have to go the UFA market, trade or hope Raty or Sasson can graduate into a bottom 6 role.

I heard that next years draft should be a VERY strong draft year for both Center's and D-men. 

Was really happy we didn't trade away next years 1st rounder. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

ugh, not sure if I want to move him now considering how he's played. Mik I'd rather move. He's still a useful player, just doesn't produce a lot of offense anymore. But he can still kill penalties, and once his speed is back, is very good on the forecheck. He was good against Vegas. Let's see if he can keep his play up against the Jets tonight. 

It's not an easy choice for sure, but I feel like one will be a cap casualty for sure 

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

yeah, that's what i think as well. for what he brings, I think he keeps the opposing team honest. and to top it off, Zadorov isn't afraid to fight. He's not a small guy. Curious to see the impact of his physical presence during the playoffs, but I think you can already see - while not perfect in his own end - he does affect and tilt the ice in favour, more often than not, for the Canucks. Winnipeg are a large team, so I'm curious to see the impact he's going to make (if any) in tonight's game. 

And all of those things are fine attributes to have in a bottom pairing defenseman. In my opinion he is probably one of the top three #6 dmen in the league. I'm pretty sure if he was asking bottom pairing money he would have already been extended but we haven't heard a peep.

I have no doubt that if PA let's him walk that they will find another policeman in free agency. Hopefully he wants to stay here and will sign a reasonable deal.

***anyways, back to hronek  talk***

Edited by Coryberg

17 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Max Sasson. Not necessarily ' young ' but only 23. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I'd wish for that too, but it's unlikely to happen.  He might take a slight discount from what he's get on the open market,especially on term, but I still think that prices him out of Van.  Truly, he's one of the easiest and cheapest to replace in the lineup.  I know we all love what he's done, but you can find lots of other, cheaper players who can do that.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

50 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If anyone they move Mikheyev next imo

IMHAO the guy out the door after our Cup parade down Georgia will be Concrete Garden Gnome. He will have positive value and we will likely get a couple mid round picks for him. It’s very hard to replace Mik. He’s big, fast, smart, and skilled enough to play a winger lock role with elite skilled guys. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I'd like to see more of Z's mean face. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO the guy out the door after our Cup parade down Georgia will be Concrete Garden Gnome. He will have positive value and we will likely get a couple mid round picks for him. It’s very hard to replace Mik. He’s big, fast, smart, and skilled enough to play a winger lock role with elite skilled guys. 

Yet Garland is more effective in every measurable way and has chemistry, why move him to save 150K?

• Upvote 1