[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

12 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, you don't want to be known as that kind of management playing hard ball every single time with your players. That's a good way to create distrust with management and players and player agents around the league. 

If Hronek and Canucks management can't come to an agreement, then it's time to move on and get the best offer you can for Hronek. Utah would be perfect as they have pieces and players that would interest Allvin and Rutherford. 

Nah, have you ever heard agents talk?

There is no being nice in negotiations. 

There is signing guys for money that works for the team or trading them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Hronek at 8 mill where does the number come from and who are the comparables?

Damon severson -RD- similar offensive production to hornet the year he signed 6.25 AAV at age 27 (11 goals 46 points) but more goals, healthier,  more physical arguably better defensively played PK, was a true no.3 d man and wanted too much money, that's why Jersey let him go 

Toews 7.25 - won a cup, true top pair d man, better offensive numbers 3 seasons >49 points LD

Bouchard RFA > 60 points this season, severely out played Hronek 2 yrs younger 

Sean Durzi - numbers, size, style very comparable - see what he gets this offseason he will not get anywhere near 8

Bouchard still has another year left before he is a RFA

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Just to stir the pot, Buffalo has no natural top 4 RHD and has the 11th oa pick sitting there. 

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Sounds like the kind of deal we should have made when rebuilding. I doubt we are trading for pics now, JR hates pics. 

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Sounds like the kind of deal we should have made when rebuilding. I doubt we are trading for pics now, JR hates pics. 

He has no problem flipping picks though.

If anything the pick would be traded for a younger cost controlled Dman. Jiricek maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Just to stir the pot, Buffalo has no natural top 4 RHD and has the 11th oa pick sitting there. 

Hronek for Jokiharju's rights + their 1st? They probably don't go for that since they still have to re-sign Hronek. But maybe Jokiharju + their 2nd? Or Jokiharju+ Greenway?

• ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Wow Hronek we getting a a little pissy during the presser

That is just his natural state, you can see it in him every game. Nice to have on the ice.

• Cheers 1

Honker does not sound like a happy man.

Could be just the way he is but doesn't seem like he mentioned anything about liking the team or how fun it was etc. like literally every other player has.

I wonder if he doesn't gel with the team?

Probably reading in to things too much but I think he's as good as gone already.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, BigBird79 said:

Honker does not sound like a happy man.

Could be just the way he is but doesn't seem like he mentioned anything about liking the team or how fun it was etc. like literally every other player has.

I wonder if he doesn't gel with the team?

Probably reading in to things too much but I think he's as good as gone already.

It does feel like he hasn't really gelled with our leadership group. Based on his profile and role on the team he should be one of our core guys but it doesn't seem like he hangs out with any of them. Contrast that with Zadorov who immediately became everyone's best friend.

Obviously not every player has to be an extrovert, Petey isn't for example and Hughes really isn't either, but they do still hang out together and with Boeser/Miller/Myers for example.

Do we all really think he's asking for $8 million? He's still an RFA, not a UFA. 

I think Allvin should just offer him a 2-year "prove it to me" bridge deal at around $6 mil per. 

If his play continues to dip, it's only a 2-year commitment for the Canucks. If he plays so well that he prices himself out of the team the team, then we get 2 years of great production while Hronek can test the open market as a UFA, and Willander should be ready to replace him after the contract is done. 

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Do we all really think he's asking for $8 million? He's still an RFA, not a UFA. 

I think Allvin should just offer him a 2-year "prove it to me" bridge deal at around $6 mil per. 

If his play continues to dip, it's only a 2-year commitment for the Canucks. If he plays so well that he prices himself out of the team the team, then we get 2 years of great production while Hronek can test the open market as a UFA, and Willander should be ready to replace him after the contract is done. 

Doesn't Hronek have arbitration rights?  If he goes to arbitration, he probably gets over $7 million...

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Doesn't Hronek have arbitration rights?  If he goes to arbitration, he probably gets over $7 million...

Canucks could make the case that 2 years can walk him right to UFA if he doesn't want to re-sign with the team at the end of the contract. He'll have 2 years to make a name for himself. Having just 1 year to do that is also risky from the player's perspective as well. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Good timing 

buff needs players now

at all positions except maybe C and LD

hrobek for Byram?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Tough to top Miller, but I agree otherwise.....Zadorov has to be re-signed.  All the bigger guys need to be re-signed really....lets the skilled guys play harder knowing they have a solid group of guys that won't let the cheap shots happen.  With that said, Hronek has been great at standing up for the team.  I hope they resign Hronek, but I also hope he will agree to a reasonable contract.

And the truth with Hronek is we don't really know what kind of money he'll go down to to stick with the team at this point. I think him standing up for the team shows he likes the team; otherwise, why would he take the stand in the first place? Perhaps the one thing I wonder about is maybe  he doesn't like how rabid the market can be here?

Either way, I have my doubts he'd stay at 8mil the entire time of negotiations. For all we know, the 8mil could even be old news and even the media doesn't know where they are in negotiations.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Good timing 

buff needs players now

hrobek for Byram?

tbh I think I'd like the 1st if Buffalo was willing to part with it. 

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

Good timing 

buff needs players now

hrobek for Byram?

I don’t see a scenario where the Sabres do that.

That would be crazy, Hughes on the 1st pairing and Bryam on the 2nd pairing.

I think we'll get better ROI by trading away Hronek. 

There's a lot of teams that he would really fit too position, style, and cap

Carolina, Utah, Montreal, Toronto, Florida (if they lost Montour), Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg

all those teams lack a true #1 RHD for the present and in the future. And all these teams have a surplus of forwards that could fit well with the Canucks.

Sign Matt Roy, Alexandre Carrier, and Tyler Myers as UFA's for RHD. You could probably get all 3 for ~10 million

Hughes - Roy

Zadorov - Carrier

Soucy - Myers

Juulsen

4 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Canucks could make the case that 2 years can walk him right to UFA if he doesn't want to re-sign with the team at the end of the contract. He'll have 2 years to make a name for himself. Having just 1 year to do that is also risky from the player's perspective as well. 

A 1 year arbitration award can walk him right to UFA 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, bh90 said:

I think we'll get better ROI by trading away Hronek. 

There's a lot of teams that he would really fit too position, style, and cap

Carolina, Utah, Montreal, Toronto, Florida (if they lost Montour), Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg

all those teams lack a true #1 RHD for the present and in the future. And all these teams have a surplus of forwards that could fit well with the Canucks.

Sign Matt Roy, Alexandre Carrier, and Tyler Myers as UFA's for RHD. You could probably get all 3 for ~10 million

Hughes - Roy

Zadorov - Carrier

Soucy - Myers

Juulsen

I think we're gonna see some $ spent on a top 6 W or C for EP and D will be by committee. Don't think it will be Lindholm.

Can't win games if you can't score, and a plethora of serviceable #4-6 Dmen - as evidenced by Cole, Myers and Z in the reg season - most likely will get you to the show or at least to the trade deadline where we can add on backend if need be.  Can't spend another year hoping someone step up into a linemate role with EP and instead have him try to carry them. Sounds like Lek will get a look in camp alongside him but I believe we will have a strong option as the other linemate prior to.

Edited by RWJC