[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

Just now, HKSR said:

0 goals in 3 months and strong defensive play screams bottom 6 player.

Nope. Winning teams keep pucks out of their own net. Top minute lines on winning teams have defensive minded players who play the right way. And teammates appreciate guys who make that personal sacrifice. Petey does this. So does Miller. Boeser too. One guy who refused to was Horfat Wallet and we dumperooed his cheating ass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That’s an interesting opinion. Towes has 37 points and is a plus 21. Hronek has 45 points and is a plus 32. Hronek sure appears better.  Is the Hughes factor that much more significant than the Makar factor? I do agree Hughes makes his partners appear better than they truly are. 

Yes, this is correct. Bear went from a 1million dollar man to 3 mil.... glad we didnt pay that.

Hronek is great with Hughes but a little lost with anyone else and not very defensive in his own end. I Hope we sign him to a shiny contract that other teams will give us everything for our top RHD and we just replace him with Juules or Willinger after next year 🙂 and sell some cap at the same time!

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

What has Mik brought to our top 6?  1 goal since Dec 12, 2023.  It is now March 9, 2024.

LTIR when we needed it to make some aquirements

Im actually starting to appreciate how much attention he gets from the other team and giving Brock and Miller more space. He looks fast with the puck and the d-men both look at him

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Our freshly painted Gnome is very small and slow. What he contributes to our bottom six is more easily replaced than what Mik brings to our top six. Plus, there’s likely a Benning level GM who will send picks our way for him. 

Garland drives play, Mikheyev kills penalties.

Garland also scores goals and has chemistry with Josh and Blue.

While I like the little things Mik brings, Garland>Mikheyev

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

He's the only one on this team that takes liberties on opposing players (fashwash, pushing) after the whistle and dares them to do something about it. 

The rest of our guys push and shove sometimes after the whistle but that's more to assert themselves and let the opposition know we'll fight back. Z is the only aggressor that goes after them and makes them feel small. 

We need him

I think BigZ stays and works out a favourable contract.

I think if Hronek needs too much money, we pay it but he is only here this year and next, TDL for cap.

14 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

Zad is next. Though DJ is a big part of the team, he is replacable with a 2-3m FA; Garland drives that line.

I believe it would be difficult to replace Joshua. He hits a ton and has great chemistry with Garland. He is a unique type of power forward. Both he and Zads need to get extended however.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

What has Mik brought to our top 6?  1 goal since Dec 12, 2023.  It is now March 9, 2024.

Mik has been hot garbage this year.

He had one good game and that was last game. Let us hope he can get his form back but anyone saying he has been good this year is delusional and/or has dementia like biden.

Garland is sooo much better than Mik right now it should not even be a conversation. Which it is not except for 1 wackjob poster lol.

Edited by Mac
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

They can't win with certain types. If they announce it then they are pressuring him. If they don't then it turns to why are they not negotiating and "he doesn't want to be here". Media clowns and their sycophants seem to always look for a negative slant. Maybe they announced it before the agent could use a media clown to leak their version of comparables.

They've started negotiating. That's a good thing, not something to complain about or portray as a negative.

1. I am not complaining, just discussing the possibility this could be a public negotation, which naturally interests me.  This is a discussion board last I checked.

2. I am not the only one on these boards who has suggested / considered the possibility that the process of executing the Petey extension may have involved certain tactics with respect to public negotiation. 

3. I never definitively said Allvin is trying to publically negotiate this contract, but the fact is, he appears to have let Canucks Central break the story yesterday afternoon and they immediately came in with a very precise amount and term.  This obviously may have been a complete guess on Sat's part, but the fact is it's now in the news cycle and the proverbial ball is in the Hronek Camp's court.

I have been on these boards a long time and cannot think of too many instances where a Canucks GM (or any other GM for that matter) seemed to grant an exclusive interview to a radio show to publically announce that a contract extension had been made.  Please give me examples if you can think of any.  I am open to being misinformed.

I am extemely excited at the thought of locking up Hronek to an 8 year deal.  I belive he's worth $8m + so if we could get him in the high 6s or low 7s would be a huge coup IMO.  PA/JR exceeded my expectations with the Petey extension and I am hoping they can do it again with Hronek.

Edited by Sell.the.team
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Mac said:

Mik has been hot garbage this year.

He had one good game and that was last game. Let us hope he can get his form back but anyone saying he has been good this year is delusional and/or has dementia like biden.

Garland is sooo much better than Mik right now it should not even be a conversation. Which it is not except for 1 wackjob poster lol.

Mik has been disappointing production wise without a doubt. BUT making judgments on him at this point should be  done somewhat carefully. ACL surgeries can take a long time to fully recover from. 

• ThereItIs 2

8 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Mik has been disappointing production wise without a doubt. BUT making judgments on him at this point should be  done somewhat carefully. ACL surgeries can take a long time to fully recover from. 

Doesn’t really matter.  At the end of the day, the Canucks needs to be cap compliant.  So next season is when EP and possibly Hronek big contracts start. Plus OEL cap buyout ramps up to $2+M. Something has got to give.  So Mik (and maybe Garland) may be the odd man out.

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Doesn’t really matter.  At the end of the day, the Canucks needs to be cap compliant.  So next season is when EP and possibly Hronek big contracts start. Plus OEL cap buyout ramps up to $2+M. Something has got to give.  So Mik (and maybe Garland) may be the odd man out.

Garland is traded soon after our Cup celebration parade down Georgia. Mik isn’t going anywhere. We will have young guys like Hogs, Pods etc playing on 1 mil contracts. No worries about OELevator. Than Goodness he’s gone. 

16 minutes ago, BPA said:

The reason it absolutely does matter is, Mik - as is - should be gone without a doubt for cap reasons next year. Mik as what he was prior to surgery may be worth trying to find a way to keep around. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

1. I am not complaining, just discussing the possibility this could be a public negotation, which naturally interests me.  This is a discussion board last I checked.

2. I am not the only one on these boards who has suggested / considered the possibility that the process of executing the Petey extension may have involved certain tactics with respect to public negotiation. 

3. I never definitively said Allvin is trying to publically negotiate this contract, but the fact is, he appears to have let Canucks Central break the story yesterday afternoon and they immediately came in with a very precise amount and term.  This obviously may have been a complete guess on Sat's part, but the fact is it's now in the news cycle and the proverbial ball is in the Hronek Camp's court.

I have been on these boards a long time and cannot think of too many instances where a Canucks GM (or any other GM for that matter) seemed to grant an exclusive interview to a radio show to publically announce that a contract extension had been made.  Please give me examples if you can think of any.  I am open to being misinformed.

I am extemely excited at the thought of locking up Hronek to an 8 year deal.  I belive he's worth $8m + so if we could get him in the high 6s or low 7s would be a huge coup IMO.  PA/JR exceeded my expectations with the Petey extension and I am hoping they can do it again with Hronek.

I wasn't intentionally singling you out. I was responding to the media narrative.

The media narrative around Petey would mean that Petey, his agent, Allvin, and Rutherford are all liars and the fabricated media narrative is the correct one. Now they're using that fabricated narrative to cast negativity on the Hronek negotiation.

Contract negotiations are discussed in the media all the time. Are you saying that only media members should be allowed to mention them?  Anyway, they probably wanted to get ahead of the negative media spins that always appear during contract negotiations in the Vancouver market.

17 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Their so predictable. We can deal with Hronek later. Now that Pete's done. 

I like the idea of sounding him out now, if he's demanding 8+ I'd look at flipping him at the draft. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Mac said:

I believe it would be difficult to replace Joshua. He hits a ton and has great chemistry with Garland. He is a unique type of power forward. Both he and Zads need to get extended however.

I agree with this take. I think those two bring to the team what no one else can bring. The only other forward I think of that plays similar is Miller, who is a better producer than Dak, but still, his chemistry with Garland and Blueger is something else. They've produced well that trio, I think it's worth keeping them together to see what more they can do down the road. 

Blueger for me is a must for resign and Joshua as well. Suter has one more year, so no need to worry about him until next season. 

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I like the idea of sounding him out now, if he's demanding 8+ I'd look at flipping him at the draft. 

But we would need a RHD coming back. How are you going to manage that? 

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

0 goals in 3 months and strong defensive play screams bottom 6 player.

Depends how you view lines I guess.  Most coaches look at it like a pair and then complimentary player.  On that context he works great on a line were miller and boes atd the pair and he's the complimentary players providing solid defensive play.  

• ThereItIs 1