[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, exactly. We've been in the opposite situation for... how many years now?

I think this next year will be a true test of this management. If we have a repeat this year where we're in the playoffs then great. If not... well then we'll have to start debating about that. lol

😂 yeah the pages will be red hot 😂

But spot on... this year will show if it was just a flash in a pan, or if they really are that good...

Guess that question is the only reason Allvin didn't win GM of the year... still surprised how it went to Dallas...

• Cheers 1

On 6/6/2024 at 10:19 AM, Dr. Crossbar said:

I don't care if Hronek's a nice guy or that he doesn't like media. I don't need our players to be likeable. In fact, the past decade of trying to build a team of nice guys has gotten us nowhere. 

If you look back to 2011 and 1994, those rosters consisted of all types of personalities. Nice guys can't do what not-so-nice guys can, and vice versa. We need those qualities if we're going to win.

The point is if he's someone the rest of the team gels with.  I agree though, some snarl on the ice is helpful and I think he contributes that.  

14 minutes ago, Viking said:

Would a deal surrounding Ehlers and Hronek possibly happen? Maybe we get negotiation rights for 1 of Toffoli/Monahan/DeMelo in the deal?

I swear to god 90% of this forum doesn’t know the history between Ehlers and the Stanley Cup playoffs. Pass a million times. One of the softest, least clutch, most passive players in nhl playoff history. Literally goes invisible. There’s a 10 year pathetic track record that’s well documented about it. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I swear to god 90% of this forum doesn’t know the history between Ehlers and the Stanley Cup playoffs. Pass a million times. One of the softest, least clutch, most passive players in nhl playoff history. Literally goes invisible. There’s a 10 year pathetic track record that’s well documented about it. 

I also hate Ehlers. I'm in Winnipeg and see games, but he definitely isn't a player you want for the playoffs.

7 hours ago, c00kies said:

I also hate Ehlers. I'm in Winnipeg and see games, but he definitely isn't a player you want for the playoffs.

I’d be more interested in Monahan, Toffoli and Dillon.

17 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

He’d be the perfect fit here then…. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I don’t think we follow the same team, if you truly believe this.

We had a great past 2 playoffs, but ultimately, injuries caught up to us. Not much you can do about that… 

Who was injured beyond Demko and Boeser for the last game? 

Did you watch the first 30 minutes of “Dump and change” in game 7? You can’t get any more passive than that. 2 shots in the 1st period against Shitty D and a Shitty Goalie of a game where you can get eliminated… that’s CLUTCH!! 

😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wings fans gotta be thrilled to have moved him when they did now 

why "thrilled"? the return was OK, ASP may or may not translate into a top 4 guy, too soon to tell yet. Certainly didn't help them right away like it did for us. 

If PA can turn him into a similar return then it's a wash, but worth a shot to try from our end. Plus who knows, maybe he re-signs for something reasonable. 

Edited by Bob Long

2 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Why?

If he's waffling on a contract here's there's a good chance he'd have done so there too, and it's tougher to keep guys on teams that don't make the playoffs. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

why "thrilled"? the return was OK, ASP may or may not translate into a top 4 guy, too soon to tell yet. Certainly didn't help them right away like it did for us. 

If PA can turn him into a similar return then its a wash, but worth a shot to try from out end. 

If he's playing hardball here, I imagine he'd have done so there too. 

Just now, Coconuts said:

If he's waffling on a contract here's there's a good chance he'd have done so there too, and it's tougher to keep guys on teams that don't make the playoffs. 

If he's playing hardball here, I imagine he'd have done so there too. 

Ah. Don't all top tier players do that now tho? Other than Miller.

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I have no problem if they trade him, the value is still there!! Lots of teams who don't have a D-man like Hughes or Makar will pay him! Really only need 2-3 teams to get the value back for him.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ah. Don't all top tier players do that now tho? Other than Miller.

I dunno, I think it's a scenario by scenario thing 

Agents are always gonna start high though, no doubt, but I don't think all players end up having a bunch of smoke around em so to speak 

I still think Crouse for Hronek and Mikheyev is a great deal.  Utah has zero D signed for next season and reportedly want to pretty much clean the slate on their roster to get rid of the stink of Arizona and start fresh.

Crouse is what we need, but he is also not nearly the value of a top pairing RD.  Utah doesn't have any cap issues and can carry Mikheyev as a slightly overpaid 3rd liner without an issue in order to secure an anchor player for their D core.

That leaves us with cash to splash around in free agency.

Guentzel-Petterson-XX
Crouse-Miller-Boeser
Podkolzin-Suter-Garland
PDG-XX-Karlsson
Aman

Hughes-Tanev/Pesce
Zadorov-Roy/Montour
Soucy-Myers/Dillon
Juulsen

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think the Canucks and Hronek will come to an agreement. Hronek loves it in VAN, his team mates and coaches. The Canucks don't have a top pairing RD, other than Hronek, so they need to try and re-sign or spend a lot to get one. My guess is $6.75 x 5.

Then, in 2 years

Hughes - Willander

? - Hronek

Pettersson - ?

Celebrini

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I think the Canucks and Hronek will come to an agreement. Hronek loves it in VAN, his team mates and coaches. The Canucks don't have a top pairing RD, other than Hronek, so they need to try and re-sign or spend a lot to get one. My guess is $6.75 x 5.

Then, in 2 years

Hughes - Willander

? - Hronek

Pettersson - ?

Celebrini

Only chance the cap hit is that low is if it’s an 8 year deal and even then I doubt it.