[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's nowhere near the level of player that Toews or Hanifan is, imo

Therein may lie the hold up. His numbers are better than hanifin’s so he likely wants what he got or more, but hanifin is - I think anyways - the better overall player. 

• Like 1

Heard tonight that Canucks mgmt has hardlined Hronek and his agent that if an extension deal isn’t in place by draft they will pursue other avenues.

Same position they took with EP. Come to the table or lose your seat at it. 

Will post something official when/if I find it. If anyone has heard or read the same please link to it, thanks!

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Laine hasn't played a full season since 2018/19 and the trend has been going down since. I would bet Lekkerimäki have more games and goals in the NHL the coming 4 seasons.

True but if he is better with his issues he might turn back into a 30 goal scorer.

Might be worth the risk but maybe get not.

13 hours ago, Jester13 said:

He might get traded while his value is sky high, as it'll be very difficult for us to afford his coming raise when his contract is up after next season.

Doesn't Laine have substance abuse issues? At least that's the rumour that would explain a lot. Hard pass on him as a reclamation project. 

He did but if he turned it around and becomes the 30 goal scorer he was would be worth a shot.

5 hours ago, cripplereh said:

He did but if he turned it around and becomes the 30 goal scorer he was would be worth a shot.

He won't come cheap (even retained) but I doubt he is on RT wish list, need to back check. The kings should get him to play alongside PLD.

13 hours ago, cripplereh said:

He's almost $9m for two more years. The price would have to be cheap, include Mikheyev going the other way, and lots of retention. Not sure it's likely to happen.

Dhaliwal on 650 yesterday 

Hronek agent not budging much from 8/yr

Dhali said he talked to many ppl around the league and nobody thinks Hronek is worth 8

he said “high sixes” twice lol

he said they are talking trade a lot with other teams about him as a plan B, because they would like to sign him as plan A

myers, Bluegger likely to resign 

Zadorov talks are heating up and Canucks going to make one last push this weekend 

talks are still going with Lafferty 

Duhaime is the Lafferty replacement 

they are trying hard to move milky and use that money to sign Joshua 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Dhaliwal on 650 yesterday 

Hronek agent not budging much from 8/yr

Dhali said he talked to many ppl around the league and nobody thinks Hronek is worth 8

he said “high sixes” twice lol

he said they are talking trade a lot with other teams about him as a plan B, because they would like to sign him as plan A

myers, Bluegger likely to resign 

Zadorov talks are heating up and Canucks going to make one last push this weekend 

talks are still going with Lafferty 

Duhaime is the Lafferty replacement 

they are trying hard to move milky and use that money to sign Joshua 

My absolute top end on Hronek would probably be 7.25, but at that rate, wouldn't give him more than a 10 or 12 team NTC. 6.75 - 7, I'd consider a full NTC or even a NMC. He trailed off too much in the last half season to do more than that. If he'd managed to maintain his play from the first 1/2 season, we might have been talking 8+.

• Cheers 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

My absolute top end on Hronek would probably be 7.25, but at that rate, wouldn't give him more than a 10 or 12 team NTC. 6.75 - 7, I'd consider a full NTC or even a NMC. He trailed off too much in the last half season to do more than that. If he'd managed to maintain his play from the first 1/2 season, we might have been talking 8+.

7.5 x 8 is 60 million.  
As a UFA he’d need a club to go 8.6 x7 to get that much. IMHAO 7.5 x 8 gets Hronek signed. But maybe Allvin is working on a Hronek trade that returns the assets to get the rights to Guentzel and Pesce and has lots left over? 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

My top end would be $6.5m if he wants a long deal, $7m if he signs a three year one

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And much like Fat Wallet One there will be at least one GM to grossly overpay in assets. 

I really like the Carolina proposals, but there are other options too. Recovering some futures and having cap space for July 1 is ok too as plan b.

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

7x7 or 7x8 should get it done, otherwise dumperoo fat wallet 2.

A deal involving a distressed asset, a prospect and a pick would work for me!