[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yep.  When you acquire a player without having to give up any assets other than handing out a contract, then the player is free.  Not sure what you define as a free player acquisition. 

I don't consider $9m x 7 years for a 30 year old winger free, I can tell you that much.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't consider $9m x 7 years for a 30 year old winger free, I can tell you that much.

Doesn't matter how much the contract is.  The fact is the acquisition cost of that player is free.  What you are referring to is the value of the free asset.  

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Doesn't matter how much the contract is.  The fact is the acquisition cost of that player is free.  What you are referring to is the value of the free asset.  

You said "free", not free acquisition.

Just now, stawns said:

You said "free", not free acquisition.

Give it up man.  The moving of goal posts by you is ridiculous.  Don't you ever question why people get fed up talking to you?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3

Just now, HKSR said:

Give it up man.  The moving of goal posts by you is ridiculous.  Don't you ever question why people get fed up talking to you?

Moving what goal posts.  You didn't say free aquisition, so it seems to me that you're the one moving the goal posts, no?

Just now, stawns said:

Moving what goal posts.  You didn't say free aquisition, so it seems to me that you're the one moving the goal posts, no?

What did you think I meant?  I said the player is free.  By your definition a self drafted player isn't free either then.  Talk about a stupid argument even for your standards.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, tas said:

that's the only thing anybody ever means when they're talking about free assets. players aren't allowed to play for free. 

Right?  Gotta be one of his stupidest arguments yet.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, HKSR said:

What did you think I meant?  I said the player is free.  By your definition a self drafted player isn't free either then.  Talk about a stupid argument even for your standards.

Thank you for admitting you moved the goal posts, not me.  Takes a big person to that.  Way to grow

• Confused 2

Just now, tas said:

disingenuous arguments are one of his hallmarks. 

Sometimes I draw him into these arguments just to have written evidence of how stupid his arguments are.  Humorous content for the readers.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Yep I can see a path to any of those working 

No way NYR can take on that salary obligation. They are looking at trading their captain to find some cap, that deal is the opposite of what they are looking for. 

56 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yep.  When you acquire a player without having to give up any assets other than handing out a contract, then the player is free.  Not sure what you define as a free player acquisition. 

You’re 100% correct. JG would only cost us free agent money. Don’t know why any true Canuck fan would argue that point. Or any poster that knows hockey? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You are 100% right, again. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

No way NYR can take on that salary obligation. They are looking at trading their captain to find some cap, that deal is the opposite of what they are looking for. 

I think it's more that they want to part ways with trouba

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

Sometimes I draw him into these arguments just to have written evidence of how stupid his arguments are.  Humorous content for the readers.

If it wasnt for his obsession with needing to win conversations he would actually have some valid points

but just remember, hes played hockey at a high level

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I think JG gets more than 9, also Laine would be a package deal bringing some extra pieces in. JG is the #1 UFA this year no way he doesn't get an offer over 9. 

Yeah I think Guentzel on the low end is 9 mill he could get offers of 10 mill a year I think! I’m just not used to the Canucks winning the top FA. I do really like the idea of buying extremely low on Laine! He’s had some injuries missing time every year but he consistently scores at a 30 goal pace if he could stay on the ice and play.

• ThereItIs 1

Why are we talking about 8 and 9 mil players?  When we have cap considerations too.  

Would Anthony Duclair not be much cheaper.  Play bigger, be faster, and be just as dangerous on Petey's wing? Still could play Hogs on the other side. 

Maybe not as good on the PP but really he would be on PP2 anyway.  

• Upvote 1