[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

1 hour ago, German Canuck said:

True

I think there are more interesting options beside Guentzel.

If the want more flexibility over ne the next years they should look for a cheaper option with less term.

-Toffoli

-Duclair

-Sprong

Because none of those bring what Guentzel does

13 hours ago, HKSR said:

Sometimes I draw him into these arguments just to have written evidence of how stupid his arguments are.  Humorous content for the readers.

Again, personal insults, the mark of true intellect

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

Ah, personal insults, the mark of true intellect

statement of fact, not an insult 

but you called me a dick the day before yesterday, right?

Edited by tas
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, tas said:

statement of fact, not an insult 

but you called me a dick the day before yesterday, right?

He can dish it, but can't take it.  The mark of true immaturity.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Why are we talking about 8 and 9 mil players?  When we have cap considerations too.  

Would Anthony Duclair not be much cheaper.  Play bigger, be faster, and be just as dangerous on Petey's wing? Still could play Hogs on the other side. 

Maybe not as good on the PP but really he would be on PP2 anyway.  

Yeah I think temp guys might work into the plan better like duclair or Toffoli, they would be miles ahead of what Mik brought for Petey this year. And agree Hoggy deserves a good look on either Millers or Peteys line. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Again, personal insults, the mark of true intellect

So calling us chuds?  That's genius level then, correct?

Back on topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

While I like what Hronek brings, he seems a little smug (arrogant?) to me and if he's asking for the moon and stars, there's the door.

I like JT Miller type players: they want to be here long term, have confidence in the team and their own ability to contribute and take things to the next level, and will take a reasonable offer to help the team get there.

All about me players not so much. Not saying that's what Hronek is, but if he is....byebyebye.

• ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

4 hours ago, German Canuck said:

True

I think there are more interesting options beside Guentzel.

If the want more flexibility over ne the next years they should look for a cheaper option with less term.

-Toffoli

-Duclair

-Sprong

There's also Boes' contract, Hughes contract, demko's contract, lek's development and OEL's huge buyout penalty to consider in the next 2-3 years.  

A huge, long term deal for JG makes all of those much more difficult to manage.  To me, JG doesn't make sense........hopefully PA feels the same

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

There's also Boes' contract, Hughes contract, demko's contract, lek's development and OEL's huge buyout penalty to consider in the next 2-3 years.  

A huge, long term deal for JG makes all of those much more difficult to manage.  To me, JG doesn't make sense........hopefully PA feels the same

I have a lot of trust in this management and they look how to manage the cap for many years to come

20 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I put up the Hanifin contract and say this is as far as we go.
Hanifin is probably the better player but the cap has gone up a smidge. 

We are still paying for a year of RFA as well. 

That's a good comparable. Hronek's best years are still to come, imo. He needs to be willing to negotiate if he wants to stay and be part of this. He'll have to chase bigger money elsewhere. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

I have a lot of trust in this management and they look how to manage the cap for many years to come

I do, to a degree.  I also think they weren't here and don't understand the misery of the last decade following the last time a GM went for it and missed.  MG left the franchise in a very tough place with very very few paths out of the wilderness.

I don't want to see this group makes moves for now without thinking about the future.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Because none of those bring what Guentzel does

Guentzel is a declining investment. Its not a smart move long term.

Laine, Necas, Kotkaniemi are all short term players in their prime.

Imo Guentzel is the type of player you go after at the TDL. Dont waste 9mil for 7 years to watch a player slowly become a shadow of their formed self.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

People were ready to pounce on Hronek the moment he struggled. The entire team struggled in the second half.

Other than Garland, Hoglander, and Joshua, almost everyone else's production dropped off after the All-Star break. Hronek's drop in production was more dramatic than most, though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

While I like what Hronek brings, he seems a little smug (arrogant?) to me and if he's asking for the moon and stars, there's the door.

I like JT Miller type players: they want to be here long term, have confidence in the team and their own ability to contribute and take things to the next level, and will take a reasonable offer to help the team get there.

All about me players not so much. Not saying that's what Hronek is, but if he is....byebyebye.

bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Imo Guentzel is the type of player you go after at the TDL. Dont waste 9mil for 7 years to watch a player slowly become a shadow of their formed self.

Not to mention, I'm skeptical of players who made careers riding shotgun to elite, generational players.

• Cheers 2

Just now, AnthonyG said:

Fair argument. Laine is lower risk financially for sure, but higher risk in terms of his compete and physical preparation as he seems quite brittlr

over his career. 

Necas will cost us too much of our future and Kotkaniemi is a 3c who’s overpaid, so he doesn’t solve our top 6 problem. 

Would I be upset if we got Laine instead of Guentzel, no. But I’d be prepared for him to only play 45 games and would be worried about his attitude.

Just now, boziffous said:

Other than Garland, Hoglander, and Joshua, almost everyone else's production dropped off after the All-Star break. Hronek's drop in production was more dramatic than most, though.

I think it's easy for some to single him out. The entire team struggled. 

• Cheers 1