[REPORT] Canucks make contract offer to Filip Hronek

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

As evidenced by what we're seeing this playoffs. 

Demko and Silovs can get us there. We need them to stay healthy. We have a Vezina caliber goalie and a star on the rise. It's a best case scenario. Also in handing off more games to Silovs without him being a huge wild-card liability.

Silovs is much better than Martin by a long shot. 

Its the most important piece... see it every year...

A hot goalie win you games... it's that simple. And agree 100% the two of them has the ability to lead us there... I think, Tocchet will also have more confidence in playing Silovs after his performance during the playoffs... A lesser burden for Demko would likely mean a fresher and injury free Demko.... And that would be money in the bank...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Its the most important piece... see it every year...

A hot goalie win you games... it's that simple. And agree 100% the two of them has the ability to lead us there... I think, Tocchet will also have more confidence in playing Silovs after his performance during the playoffs... A lesser burden for Demko would likely mean a fresher and injury free Demko.... And that would be money in the bank...

Agree all around. I actually think a great goalie is becoming even more important and necessary given the increased caliber and speed of the game. A team really needs their goalies to play lights out pretty much all season and into the playoffs. I see that becoming all the more necessary in this day and age. The margin for error is getting smaller and smaller.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 12:49 AM, iinatcc said:

I remember people were pouncing on me when I was critical of the deal, especially many here who though Hronek is the 2nd coming 🤣

As for Hronek it would good to find a way to keep him. And if the expectation is for him to be a top pairing D-man with Hughes, I think 7 Million+ aav is reasonable.

I agree 8 million might be a bit too steep though but I've seen people take shots on him asking for this much. I suggest we don't, there's nothing wrong trying to get the money you think you are worth and also nothing wrong for looking out for himself financially and taking care of his family. 

I don't think there are too many people who would say he deserves $8. I'm in the low-to-mid $7 territory. After seeing what Hughes and Hronek did in the first half, I'm a believer that they'll get even better to together as a pair. Both are coming into their prime. 

Yeah, I'm not faulting him for asking for $8. That's his right. Don't have a problem with that at all. It just won't be happening here. And it's too bad, too, because he actually has an opportunity to be part of something great and to be even a greater player with what's happening here.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1