[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Feb 9, 7PM PST (10PM EST) Rogers Arena, the PLAYOFFS START HERE GAME!

Rocket-68

Playoffs Playoffs Playoffs!!!  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you want the Canucks to face in the first round!

• Edmonton Oilers - hey, we kicked their ass 8-1 to start the season so might as well sweep them 4 straight right out of the gates
    • Nashville Predators - well, that is where they will end up so why fight it
    • Seattle Kraken - the Crack will play well enough to beat the Knights twice and on the back of the Canucks helping out will slide in to WC2 ... plus FRACK the LTIR Cheaters!
    • Vegas Baby! - we will have their number and might as well do the hard yard first and coast the rest of the way to SCF
    • LA Kings - a quick tune up in a 4-2 series win will set up the Canucks nicely to take on whomever survives Coilers vs Knights
    • None of the above, see my thoughts below on where the Canucks will end up in the standings and who they will face in Round 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I really like the Big Zeke and Donkey pairing, both hit hard bordering on VERY hard at times, Zeke has wheels and Donkey makes good outlet passes. Hope that stabilizes as a go-to pairing between now and the end of the season.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

So 8 easier games coming up if they can win 6/8 that gets us to 101 points there alone.  Even if we go 5/9 vs the tougher teams that's 111 points. They've done so well to be in such a good place for the seasons end. Crazy! Never saw this coming. Give or take on the wins/losses very good possibility to finish over 110 points 

While it would be nice to run the table, realistically I would hope for 6/8 on the tougher ones (including 2 over Vegas and the Oilers) plus going 7/9 for the "easier" games (there are no easy games) giving the Canucks a pass on Calgary at home and Winnipeg on the road where they bring up the entire Abby team and rest the most of the Canucks.

image.gif.31002ccc635216126418a7988689b968.gif

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

It's  MORON you moron lol

There’s a certain irony in “moran” that old, drunk, furry arsed Alf enjoys. And there’s no denying Benning was a Moran with a capital M!!! 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

There’s a certain irony in “moran” that old, drunk, furry arsed Alf enjoys. And there’s no denying Benning was a Moran with a capital M!!! 

Moran = 

noun
  1. a member of the warrior group of the Masai people of East Africa, which comprises the younger unmarried males.
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Should give Desmith some starts.. rest Demko for the playoffs 

We're definitely not giving DeSmith the Jets, or Avs or any top team. I am sure he will get some games in here soon, but not those ones.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I can’t wait to see him in the NHL

He laid an awesome hit last night. And that’s a regular thing he does. Always plays the body hard and has guys keeping their heads up. 

Stick tap to canucksarmy for posting this clip. Awesome hit!

IMG_8260.gif

Very Edlerisque!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Love it I have a good feeling about Podkolzin, gonna prove he belongs in the big league

Podkolzin could have played the entire year here. 

Sure, the extra time in the AHL helped, but he was sent down initially for Cap reasons.

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

image.png.d7fddf75774f59fa3242178c96bc828d.png

Refs trying hard to give the Coilers the win by making them play with no goalies for the last 2 seconds of the game, LOL.

DAMN! Goal called back.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Screw said:

Jets players doing their neck snap back exercises this morning?

2 hours ago, Screw said:

Jets players doing their neck snap back exercises this morning?

and Hellebuck seeing double doing his eyeball cheat code on xbox. Shutout Demko!

7 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Moran = 

noun
  1. a member of the warrior group of the Masai people of East Africa, which comprises the younger unmarried males.

And here I thought Benning was an Alberta Moran! 🤣