[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Feb 9, 7PM PST (10PM EST) Rogers Arena, the PLAYOFFS START HERE GAME!

Rocket-68

Playoffs Playoffs Playoffs!!!  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you want the Canucks to face in the first round!

• Edmonton Oilers - hey, we kicked their ass 8-1 to start the season so might as well sweep them 4 straight right out of the gates
    • Nashville Predators - well, that is where they will end up so why fight it
    • Seattle Kraken - the Crack will play well enough to beat the Knights twice and on the back of the Canucks helping out will slide in to WC2 ... plus FRACK the LTIR Cheaters!
    • Vegas Baby! - we will have their number and might as well do the hard yard first and coast the rest of the way to SCF
    • LA Kings - a quick tune up in a 4-2 series win will set up the Canucks nicely to take on whomever survives Coilers vs Knights
    • None of the above, see my thoughts below on where the Canucks will end up in the standings and who they will face in Round 1

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

So that's is the only one you eat?

No, I’m not anal about what’s on a pizza, just pointing out some facts for those that tell me if it has pineapple it’s not a pizza.

11 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Yes they do. the radio feed does not jive with the tv. 

I'll have to stream online with Sportsnet and do my best to sync manually.  Anything but Singh.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'll have to stream online with Sportsnet and do my best to sync manually.  Anything but Singh.

I really lost interest when he described a player as “navigating up the ice”. 
The call doesn’t come naturally to him. 

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

I’m not sure why though. Maybe a legality that radio can’t sync with the video with paying royalties or a fee?

Before everything went digital, you would see a few at a live game with headphones on listing to the play by play on the radio with no 5ish second delay. Not sure if its old technology not being able to keep up with new technology, or something like that.

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

I’m not sure why though. Maybe a legality that radio can’t sync with the video with paying royalties or a fee?

I think the d lay is in the newer equipment has to transform the video so you get a slight delay.

I know I use Shaw and a friend living 5 minutes away has about a 10 second delay.

Telus we s crap for that.

Not to mention independent studies show Telus is still behind many with no Internet speed as I have a low speed but still for tv and gaming am way ahead with under 100 times the speed of my friend on Telus.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

No its because Rogers sucks. And CBC gave even HNIC to rogers... I bet taxpayers are even paying rogers to host it.

Just now, Vancan said:

Before everything went digital, you would see a few at a live game with headphones on listing to the play by play on the radio with no 5ish second delay. Not sure if its old technology not being able to keep up with new technology, or something like that.

I remember that well. Guys with headphones on. I really believe it’s about money. Sadly everything is about money really.

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I really lost interest when he described a player as “navigating up the ice”. 
The call doesn’t come naturally to him. 

I wish they had a live feed that only had microphones in the audience and down on the ICE so you could hear the puck, the squeak of the skates on fresh ice, the crowd, the "fuck" here and there, and the Coaches yelling out changes. And intermissions activities instead of hearing toronto or boston news?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I think the d lay is in the newer equipment has to transform the video so you get a slight delay.

I know I use Shaw and a friend living 5 minutes away has about a 10 second delay.

Telus we s crap for that.

Not to mention independent studies show Telus is still behind many with no Internet speed as I have a low speed but still for tv and gaming am way ahead with under 100 times the speed of my friend on Telus.

My Telus broadcast is so far behind the majority of this forum’s contributors I have to stop reading this forum towards the end of the game to avoid spoilers. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

The voice of a thousand nights beside my bedside transistor radio as a young boy. He’s un-paralleled.

AM radio is analog, and it was LIVE to the instant.

Radio is like reading a book compared to watching the movie. Its pretty hard to recapture that now with streams everywhere....

• ThereItIs 1

My local pizza place makes a pizza that I have named a Russian roulette pizza.  It's tandoori chicken, and according to who prepares it, it ranges between mild and rocket fuel.  Who don't know what you have till the first bite.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

What is the average number of pizza’s consumed in a year for you pizza lovers? Just curious. 

26. Half a large pizza almost every friday. The joint we go to has a great walk in pick up deal.