[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Feb 9, 7PM PST (10PM EST) Rogers Arena, the PLAYOFFS START HERE GAME!

Rocket-68

Playoffs Playoffs Playoffs!!!  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you want the Canucks to face in the first round!

• Edmonton Oilers - hey, we kicked their ass 8-1 to start the season so might as well sweep them 4 straight right out of the gates
    • Nashville Predators - well, that is where they will end up so why fight it
    • Seattle Kraken - the Crack will play well enough to beat the Knights twice and on the back of the Canucks helping out will slide in to WC2 ... plus FRACK the LTIR Cheaters!
    • Vegas Baby! - we will have their number and might as well do the hard yard first and coast the rest of the way to SCF
    • LA Kings - a quick tune up in a 4-2 series win will set up the Canucks nicely to take on whomever survives Coilers vs Knights
    • None of the above, see my thoughts below on where the Canucks will end up in the standings and who they will face in Round 1

6 minutes ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

AM radio is analog, and it was LIVE to the instant.

Radio is like reading a book compared to watching the movie. Its pretty hard to recapture that now with streams everywhere....

Joe appreciates analog too.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe we will luck out and Rick Ball will do the play by play.

Anyone notice that Shorty is doing the Ott/SJ game? Wow CBC that makes a lot of sense. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

I wish they had a live feed that only had microphones in the audience and down on the ICE so you could hear the puck, the squeak of the skates on fresh ice, the crowd, the "fuck" here and there, and the Coaches yelling out changes. And intermissions activities instead of hearing toronto or boston news?

I'd consider paying extra for that option.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

The voice of a thousand nights beside my bedside transistor radio as a young boy. He’s un-paralleled.

"We like to pass along as special hello to Hospital Patients, and Shut-Ins. The pensioners, the blind, people that don't get out to games but enjoy our broadcasts..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd consider paying extra for that option.

hell yeah Canucks could call it home away from home or something... Stream directly to fans and skip all the Media crap. I would pay more for sounding like I was at the rink on my surround sound  (hearing the ice & crowd and players and that hit off the boards.).....than CenterIce or whatever they are calling it. Half the fucking time they are talking about some other game or historical fact and missing calling whats going on in the play anyway!

We only needed play by play when none of the games were on TV except for if Toronto or Montreal was in town..... And we depended on Radio. I guess Video did kill the Radio Stars.

5 minutes ago, Inkidu said:

By the way, Hawaiin pizza was invented in Ontario in 1962

Cool, That the last time the Leafs won a second round series.

Edited by Rekker
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Joe appreciates analog too.

It's funny; I sometimes refer to myself as an analog man in a digital world.      Escaping onto music until the game.       Trying not to think too much.

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Cool, isn't that the last time the Leafs won a second round series?

According to the legend Mr. Gord Downies lyrics in "50 mission Cap" it was the last time they won the cup. However not much else since. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Local Pizza place in Burnaby 

IMG_5982.jpeg

My Canucks pizza is a frozen Phil DeGeseppi but I put fresh red onion, peppers, fetta and olives, basil and oregano, throw it in tell siri to wake me in 10 so I can add extra cheese on top for the rest of the cook time.

But game time is 11:00pm here so my choices are limited!

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Local Pizza place in Burnaby 

IMG_5982.jpeg

That’s a deal. 

I bought a sub from Subway the other day with a bottle of pop and the total was $24.45. What happened to the days of “two can dine for $9.99” deals?