[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Feb 9, 7PM PST (10PM EST) Rogers Arena, the PLAYOFFS START HERE GAME!

Rocket-68

Playoffs Playoffs Playoffs!!!  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you want the Canucks to face in the first round!

• Edmonton Oilers - hey, we kicked their ass 8-1 to start the season so might as well sweep them 4 straight right out of the gates
    • Nashville Predators - well, that is where they will end up so why fight it
    • Seattle Kraken - the Crack will play well enough to beat the Knights twice and on the back of the Canucks helping out will slide in to WC2 ... plus FRACK the LTIR Cheaters!
    • Vegas Baby! - we will have their number and might as well do the hard yard first and coast the rest of the way to SCF
    • LA Kings - a quick tune up in a 4-2 series win will set up the Canucks nicely to take on whomever survives Coilers vs Knights
    • None of the above, see my thoughts below on where the Canucks will end up in the standings and who they will face in Round 1

That forward group of the Jets looks very good. I grade the net as even. The forward group goes to Winnipeg. The d-side to Vancouver. It should be a great game. “That is a good team over there”! 

No short cuts or shifts off tonight boys, bring your hard hats, this is going to be a test to see if we can stay in our system again.  Hellebuyck needs to have a butt in his face all game.  Hopefully this is a good game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Two best Canadian teams going at it tonight. If we can get some offense going, we’ll be good. This one could be a classic.

Hellebuck vs Demko. Yeah we need someone to distract hellobuck.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I don't care who we play, I'm just glad we'll be playing! 

Big bad teams aren't as scary any more as this team adjusts and learns how to beat them at their own games.

It's so awesome.

Yup. When our guys play their best they will beat any other club, regardless of who they are or how well they play. Our club, at its best, is better than any other team. And Winterpig stinks! 

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

Gordie Howe hat trick for JT tonight.  Still po'd about his last game, so comes out flying.

Kicks (what's his names') butt in the 2nd and scores the 'pull ahead goal' in the 3rd period

Making sure he stays on the right side of the blue line, he assists on Brock's empty net goal.

Brock give him the 'all is forgiven' high 5.  Earns 1st star of the game.  GCG

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Gordie Howe hat trick for JT tonight.  Still po'd about his last game, so comes out flying.

Kicks (what's his names') butt in the 2nd and scores the 'pull ahead goal' in the 3rd period

Making sure he stays on the right side of the blue line, he assists on Brock's empty net goal.

Nice! Big Z is found to beat down a Jet too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Hope they speak to the refs before the game about the fake head snap backs and flops.

The Nucks have been  playing smarter/better hockey again hopefully they keep it up. 

Edited by Combover
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Sorry Higgy no fighting by Miller. Settle for a hat trick. I don’t want JT breaking his hand on Lowry’s helmet.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

in line with that poll question:

I hope that the Oilers meet LA in the first round and the Kings pound the day lights out of them. 

I hope that Vegas gets squeezed out of the playoff picture by the Flames. Then we can play them first round. Very little travel, easier team to beat.

2nd round I wouldn't mind the bruised and battered Oilers. Also very little travel, plus team is softened up for the easy pickens.

The Central Div. can have Winnipeg and Colorado trying to battle it out. 

might as well... in the east the Laffs lose in the first round quell supriz... Carolina makes the east final against the Panthers. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

They better use this home-stand to their advantage, One of the most traveled teams..Lot's of rest, Practice and good home cookin'..Gear up for next month because the P/O are going to be a blood bath in the west!

• Like 1