[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Feb 9, 7PM PST (10PM EST) Rogers Arena, the PLAYOFFS START HERE GAME!

Rocket-68

Playoffs Playoffs Playoffs!!!  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you want the Canucks to face in the first round!

• Edmonton Oilers - hey, we kicked their ass 8-1 to start the season so might as well sweep them 4 straight right out of the gates
    • Nashville Predators - well, that is where they will end up so why fight it
    • Seattle Kraken - the Crack will play well enough to beat the Knights twice and on the back of the Canucks helping out will slide in to WC2 ... plus FRACK the LTIR Cheaters!
    • Vegas Baby! - we will have their number and might as well do the hard yard first and coast the rest of the way to SCF
    • LA Kings - a quick tune up in a 4-2 series win will set up the Canucks nicely to take on whomever survives Coilers vs Knights
    • None of the above, see my thoughts below on where the Canucks will end up in the standings and who they will face in Round 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The gop two lines each need a winger who can lock it up. Having Suter in that role is important. Tofu, who was a guy we were interested in, is a not that kind of guy. Suter and Mik are far better suited for that role. 

Sorry but you try to make them usefull out of nowhere. Those 2 lines work with 1/3 of their force ineffective. 
that just when we put Cooke with Naslund and Morrison when Bertuzzi was out. And a Burrows type with his legendary complementary skills of the twins comes one time in a decade. 
we went after Suter to center one of the bottom line. Period.

I prefer try Podkolzin instead. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

Sorry but you try to make them usefull out of nowhere. Those 2 lines work with 1/3 of their force ineffective. 
that just when we put Cooke with Naslund and Morrison when Bertuzzi was out. And a Burrows type with his legendary complementary skills of the twins comes one time in a decade. 
we went after Suter to center one of the bottom line. Period.

I prefer try Podkolzin instead. 

Nope. Suter can play in the top six as a lock up winger. Podz isn’t nearly ready for that kind of role or those minutes. Tocchet has the boys playing old time hockey. Which is how to win. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, grumpyone said:

in line with that poll question:

I hope that the Oilers meet LA in the first round and the Kings pound the day lights out of them. 

I hope that Vegas gets squeezed out of the playoff picture by the Flames. Then we can play them first round. Very little travel, easier team to beat.

2nd round I wouldn't mind the bruised and battered Oilers. Also very little travel, plus team is softened up for the easy pickens.

The Central Div. can have Winnipeg and Colorado trying to battle it out. 

might as well... in the east the Laffs lose in the first round quell supriz... Carolina makes the east final against the Panthers. 

I personally prefer Seattle to make it before the Flames.  Easier to travel than Calgary with one time zone difference.  Seattle do have a chance to catch Vegas with two games remaining against them with one catch, they must beat them with regulation wins to get closer and a chance to overtake.  Calgary has one head to head game remaining against Vegas.  If they all beat Vegas for 3 games, it will be a lot closer since Vegas would lose 6 points from that match-ups alone.   Even if Seattle might be a tougher match-up for us but I would rather Seattle despite that.  

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nope. Suter can play in the top six as a lock up winger. Podz isn’t nearly ready for that kind of role or those minutes. Tocchet has the boys playing old time hockey. Which is how to win. 

not sold, you still want to find a job for mediocres and non skilled forwards.

the impressive amount of time when Suter missed the net is beyond me. I have more faith in Mikheyev, i hope he will regain his foot speed. after all, we're stuck with him.

i just hope i have reverse-jinxed Suter enough to allow him to prove me wrong with a really good game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think when Joshua is back, Podz moves to Petey's left. Suter on the fourth beside Teddy and Laffy.

Lindholm stays 3rd deep center. Faceoffs are even more important as we will see tonight.

Just now, TUSK v2.0 said:

I think when Joshua is back, Podz moves to Petey's left. Suter on the fourth beside Teddy and Laffy.

Lindholm stays 3rd deep center. Faceoffs are even more important as we will see tonight.

Love it if Podz could play the role you’re suggesting. IMHAO he’s just not ready for those kinds of matchups. Sitter and Mik are perfectly suited for lock up winger minted against top lines. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love it if Podz could play the role you’re suggesting. IMHAO he’s just not ready for those kinds of matchups. Sitter and Mik are perfectly suited for lock up winger minted against top lines. 

The thing about experience is one must experience experience to gain experience to bring experience into the playoff experience ... 😉 ... throw Podz into the deep end, Tocchet, Foote, Gonchar and the Sedins will keep the ship steady as far as Podz goes. Doing so, in my ever so humble opinion, will pay dividends in the post season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's the balance, it becomes relentless when every line has an attacking pair and a guy out there who's out there to clean up and keep the puck in the zone. Just need to trust the forecheck pressure. As Alvin said yesterday, our 4th line was great until Hoglander forced his way off it. I see podz taking over that role when Joshua returns.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

53 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

An Eeyore would be good

(Debbie's are delightful)

Oh, yeah, sorry Deb. I would never use that one on you for sure! Eeyore wouldnt offend anyone, and is exactly what some people need as a response!

Especially when we win and they have "but this" and "but that" and we need a way to tell them to kiss our butt without "using our words"

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You can do worse than Suter and Mikheyev in those roles, for sure.  Both are + defensive players.  

Both have about 15-20 goal upside and both are currently very much “on the schnied.”   

Still a lot of runway.  If either, or both, get hot it would be pretty awesome.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

It's the balance, it becomes relentless when every line has an attacking pair and a guy out there who's out there to clean up and keep the puck in the zone. Just need to trust the forecheck pressure. As Alvin said yesterday, our 4th line was great until Hoglander forced his way off it. I see podz taking over that role when Joshua returns.

Exactly! Tocchet has created a meritocracy. Guys get minutes depending on their play. Suter and Mik play key top

six minutes because they earned them by playing the right way. Podz is playing great in his limited minutes. He will earn more minutes and in a more important role when he eats them, just like Hogs has. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

I score the winner

Old Alf watched Orr live. Closest I’ve seen to him (with the puck) is you. If you could develop your hitting and fighting skills holy sh*t!!! You’d be Bobby!!!!! 

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, TUSK v2.0 said:

20 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

The thing about experience is one must experience experience to gain experience to bring experience into the playoff experience ... 😉 ... throw Podz into the deep end, Tocchet, Foote, Gonchar and the Sedins will keep the ship steady as far as Podz goes. Doing so, in my ever so humble opinion, will pay dividends in the post season.

With them putting centres down 4 deep, we have 4 lines that can answer to any matchup. When they have an answer to our top lines there is no way they have the ability to counter a strong 3 and 4th line.

I agree PDG has been "fancy" at times but I think Suter/Blueger/Lafferty is way stronger, both on the puck and away. PDG struggles with the away from puck play.

Podz has been a fantastic replica of Joshua with Lindholm and Garlund. And with no "gearing up" or "gelling" which indicates he can transition to Petey & hogz when Joshua returns.

Although we havent seen "points" from Mik, he is right there with Miller and Boeser, and its not like they are going out of the way to make him work in the spot. Seems natural, just snake bitten. A few bounces is how you beat Hellerbuck so hopefully tonite tonight tonight!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

sign a new extension first maybe?