[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Feb 9, 7PM PST (10PM EST) Rogers Arena, the PLAYOFFS START HERE GAME!

Rocket-68

Playoffs Playoffs Playoffs!!!  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you want the Canucks to face in the first round!

• Edmonton Oilers - hey, we kicked their ass 8-1 to start the season so might as well sweep them 4 straight right out of the gates
    • Nashville Predators - well, that is where they will end up so why fight it
    • Seattle Kraken - the Crack will play well enough to beat the Knights twice and on the back of the Canucks helping out will slide in to WC2 ... plus FRACK the LTIR Cheaters!
    • Vegas Baby! - we will have their number and might as well do the hard yard first and coast the rest of the way to SCF
    • LA Kings - a quick tune up in a 4-2 series win will set up the Canucks nicely to take on whomever survives Coilers vs Knights
    • None of the above, see my thoughts below on where the Canucks will end up in the standings and who they will face in Round 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Replace it with a pizza?

Or maybe a Big Z burger (for those who knew Zellers)?

They were pretty darn good (Big Z). After work the wife and I would meet in Zellers a couple times a month. They had a cozy little diner in the store. We'd have dinner then shop a little before heading home. The diner was so much better than the McPukes franchises in the Wally mart.

Edited by Joe King
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Easily the Soilers. Any club with a Whiner who refuses to play without the puck for their Csptsin is an easy out. Coilers are the worst club that will make the playoffs. And it’s because of McWhiner Baby. He will never be a winner. 

1 hour ago, DexM94 said:

Suter to the first line, AFTER the trade deadline... what a mess. 

yep. fire jr/pa for not throwing away the whole prospect pool and not doing anything at the deadline.

and tocchet as well for playing guys like mik/pius in the top 6. that guy has no clue... 🥸

looking forward to a great game, gcg! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Replace it with a pizza?

Or maybe a Big Z burger (for those who knew Zellers)?

Fries and gravy with the burger. Too bad Zellers failed, they were a go to for me.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Easily the Soilers. Any club with a Whiner who refuses to play without the puck for their Csptsin is an easy out. Coilers are the worst club that will make the playoffs. And it’s because of McWhiner Baby. He will never be a winner. 

Alf the thing with the Oil is you need to do whatever it takes to eliminate McDick. Interestingly their team have had very few injuries therefore the strategy is simple.

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Old Alf watched Orr live. Closest I’ve seen to him (with the puck) is you. If you could develop your hitting and fighting skills holy sh*t!!! You’d be Bobby!!!!! 

Where Hughes outshines Bobby is his lateral moves. I have never seen a player who can do that. My memory of Orr will be coming out of his own zone and picking up speed as he assessed his opportunities. By the red line he would shift into overdrive, usually rushing down the right side, he would beat the d-man to the outside and then cut to the net. All of this with speed. I think Huggy will push Orr’s numbers and he is still developing his game but I think Orr will remain #1. Orr was doing stuff at 18 in his rookie season. I was a Habs fan and hated the Bruins even tho Bucyk lived in my town. I should have hated Orr but watched him with my mouth hanging open. 

3 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Toffoli always scores against Vancouver. Gotta keep these guys contained tonight. It’s gonna either be a 6-5 game or a 2-1 game. 

Just put him on his ass... enough of the worries about Toffoli... He'll be plastered to the wall by Juelsen and Z...

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Toffoli always scores against Vancouver. Gotta keep these guys contained tonight. It’s gonna either be a 6-5 game or a 2-1 game. 

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Just put him on his ass... enough of the worries about Toffoli... He'll be plastered to the wall by Juelsen and Z...

I dont believe he’s playing tonight due to logistical issues-at least that’s what they said yesterday.  Has that changed?

Edited by AngryGoose
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

No toff tonight i thought. Didn't sound like he was going to.

Also if anyone loves stats, winnipeg releases the full notes which i love, lots of canuck info in there

https://a7ve7e.p3cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/gn-2024-03-09-1019-WPG@VAN.pdf

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I dont believe he’s playing tonight due to logistical issues-at least that’s what they said yesterday.  Has that changed?

No sure... we'll see...

Its a bit like the poll...

I don't care, who we meet, or who plays for them... I fancy our chances against anyone... Can't go into any playoffs series, fearing them... Lets kick some ass...this is our time...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I can’t wait to see him in the NHL

He laid an awesome hit last night. And that’s a regular thing he does. Always plays the body hard and has guys keeping their heads up. 

Stick tap to canucksarmy for posting this clip. Awesome hit!

IMG_8260.gif

And that is exactly why he was my favourite prospect, when he was drafted... Woo plays physical...

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if Canucks can get Evander Kane from the Oilers next season. There are rumors of backstage friction between Kane and Draisatl so maybe there a deal that can be made to bring Kane over? 

31 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Where Hughes outshines Bobby is his lateral moves. I have never seen a player who can do that. My memory of Orr will be coming out of his own zone and picking up speed as he assessed his opportunities. By the red line he would shift into overdrive, usually rushing down the right side, he would beat the d-man to the outside and then cut to the net. All of this with speed. I think Huggy will push Orr’s numbers and he is still developing his game but I think Orr will remain #1. Orr was doing stuff at 18 in his rookie season. I was a Habs fan and hated the Bruins even tho Bucyk lived in my town. I should have hated Orr but watched him with my mouth hanging open. 

Hughes is a phenom for sure, but different skates (especially blade tech) and ice. 

7 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I wonder if Canucks can get Evander Kane from the Oilers next season. There are rumors of backstage friction between Kane and Draisatl so maybe there a deal that can be made to bring Kane over? 

E7BE1685-AA51-4C43-AB19-11818AE1F3E2.gif.219af8bd414d518f398386d2f9f7f301.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I can’t wait to see him in the NHL

He laid an awesome hit last night. And that’s a regular thing he does. Always plays the body hard and has guys keeping their heads up. 

Stick tap to canucksarmy for posting this clip. Awesome hit!

IMG_8260.gif

Yeah baby 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

images(1).jpeg.54dca1ee344410d8d6a248b7cf8c4f18.jpegimages(1).jpeg.54dca1ee344410d8d6a248b7cf8c4f18.jpeg

Edited by Rick_theRyper
  • Haha 1