[PGT] Jets at Canucks

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

People were expecting Mik to come back after that injury and light it up as if he never had an injury. It's completely unrealistic. I had that same surgery and it takes a lot longer to fully heal than people think. There's also a very real psychological adjustment as well. 

Lately we're seeing him regain more form, speed, and confidence. That's resulting in more opportunities. Just let him continue to find his way as we get closer to playoffs.

This doesn’t leave anybody to bitch and complain about …..:classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Canucks haven't had options for a very long time. Not realistically, through the entire Benning era. We've had good individual players, sure.

Now it would appear we're ready to rock with any team in the league, home or away. Turning out to be an era of it's own now.

What do we call it?

And when needed we can go

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Höglander - Lindholm - Podkolzin

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

I do think we'll go with Petey-Miller-Lindholm-Blueger down the middle for the playoffs though. Not too many teams can match that center depth. 

After Nux clinch, they can spread out ice times even more and scratch some guys to get them recharged (eg Cole, Mik) and give some depth guys some game time (Friedman, Podz, Bains etc).   6 weeks to the playoffs with favorable schedule.  Even if Demko is ready to go next week, why push it? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I wonder what's happened to this team... 

Was trade deadline and Petey contract talks distracting the team? I wonder how much it affected some guys. 

There were some fears after Feb whether this team was the real deal or would they limp into the playoffs? 

They've been dominant the last 2 wins against Vegas and Winnipeg. 

I feel like the team is now set knowing there's no more distractions or changes and they're gonna ride or die together heading into the playoffs. 

We made our moves early and got Z and Lindholm. 

The emergence of Soucy as a solid 3D has been fantastic. Juulsen stepping up huge gives us depth between 6-7D. 

The other teams loaded up. It'll be fun watching how it all unfolds. 

I love that PA didn't feel the panic to make a move at the TDL and do something stupid like sign Kessel for the sake of making a move. They are so smart. They know Podz would bring more to the table than Phil so they'll give youth a chance after letting them marinate all year in the AHL. 

Podz is our deadline move. 

Getting Myers and Joshua back is our deadline move. 

Amazing we'll fit under the cap and all the players can gel going into the playoffs while teams like Vegas has to sit guys like Stone until playoffs. I really hope they miss. That would be sweet justice. 

Think the whole team was running on empty... especially the show ponies...

coming home and getting settled in their own time zone has been massive.... 

And now they get to be rested, practice time, and for Lindholm to get settled as well...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Pears said:

And when needed we can go

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Höglander - Lindholm - Podkolzin

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

I do think we'll go with Petey-Miller-Lindholm-Blueger down the middle for the playoffs though. Not too many teams can match that center depth. 

I agree. Playoffs will be:

Podz - Miller - Boeser

Hogz - Petey - Suter

Joshua - Lindy - Garland

Mik - Bluger - Lafferty

or maybe Alf will be right, who knows?

Podz - Miller - Boeser

Hogz - Petey - Lekkerimaki

Joshua - Lindy - Garland

Mik - Bluger - Suter

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I remember earlier in the season we were several points clear of the Kings, but they had some games in hand. There were the “butt” crowd suggesting we were only ahead because of the extra games played and the zKings, when they played those extra games, would pass us. These “butt” people don’t understand that playing fewer games allows for more rest and clubs will play closer to their best during those periods. Then, when the schedule is compressed (and there’s travel) teams fall further from their best. The Kings started to play the extra games in a more condensed schedule and lost most of them. They fell way behind. The Oilers are going to go through their tough stretch over the next month. We will see them fall off too. 
I like that Tocchet keeps teaching the guys how to play closest to their best, even when tired. He gives no excuses. Unlike the Jets’ coach last night. 

Yep ... the point % yawn.....

Had a few discussions about the points % thing.... some thought that they would win all their games in hand, and while it was possible, it was more than highly unlikely...  and as happen to all teams, they didn't... 

You can't beat having points in the bag.... the rest is hope and maybes... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Amazing we'll fit under the cap and all the players can gel going into the playoffs while teams like Vegas has to sit guys like Stone until playoffs. I really hope they miss. That would be sweet justice. 

I have no personal experience, but it must be tough playing with a ruptured spleen

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Plus Podz doesn't require waivers...don't want to lose someone else

Yeah, I wasn't considering waivers... more so which of them would be the 13th forward. If we need the roster space, it seems to be a no-brainer call to send Podz down.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Enigma said:

McLean doesn't know the difference between shutouts and hat tricks.

McLean is a dim witted corrupt dinosaur of yesteryear and should have been gone decades ago!

Edited by Captain Kirk
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

You know your stuff Deb.

I used to get a little grumpy about people telling me what leadership was.

I knew from my own experiences that leadership comes in many forms. I have played a bunch of sports and competed as an athlete for many years. I was always inspired by the type of heart and soul guys, the passionate ones. Seeing them care, showing that they are human, showing that they would run through walls to get the job done for themselves and the team....that got my fire going. That, is JT Miller.

Basketball story, but, I think, related to JT discussion 

I was playing basketball back in 70-80 in the former USSR

Once our team played in Kiev against so called Kiev sport internat, basically, the national junior team of Ukraine, the best junior players from all over Ukraine lived in there and played.

After the first half our team from provincial Kharkiv was ahead by about 10 points, it was a big lead at that era without 3-pointers

We were in the same locker room with Kiev team. In the half time intermission the best Kiev’s player literally kicked the crap out of a starter and a very good player, who was really lazy on defense.

At the end of the day, Kiev went to win the game. And that guy ( the best one) went on to became a big star in USSR basketball

Emotional leaders of teams not only ready to go through the wall to win, but push the whole team to overcome anything

I am not saying that JT should beat the crap out of other players, but he keeps everyone ( including himself) accountable.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

100%…one small thing; get rid of the IF; Mik has worked his ass off every night this year while recovering. It’s why Tocchet has never bad mouthed him; he’s not a liability, and good things will come to him as he gets back to 100% healthy. He is turning the corner as we speak.

Mikheyev wasn't playing badly but over the last few games he has found renewed energy with Miller and Boeser.  Not just him either, a lot of players have looked tired.  On the road trip he was noticeably more involved in the play, getting shots on goal and playing the heavy game we've been accustomed to, playing with purpose. He's always had Tocchet's full trust. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

100%…one small thing; get rid of the IF; Mik has worked his ass off every night this year while recovering. It’s why Tocchet has never bad mouthed him; he’s not a liability, and good things will come to him as he gets back to 100% healthy. He is turning the corner as we speak.

The "If" I'm referring to is the mindset of process 1st results 2nd.  Mikheyev has been on a long goal scoring slump and the results and production will come as long as he stIcks to the process.  So Mikheyev needs to keep doing what he's doing (working his ass off) and the results will come. 

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Anyone else refreshing Twitter hourly for news on Demmer or am I the only one?

Don't check twitter but am definitely wondering what's up.

12 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I’m not too sure we’ll hear anything before Tuesday/wednesday. In reality, whatever he did (injury, cramping, strain, etc) was mild enough that he was able to continue on through half the game…even making the decision to go after the first intermission. As such, whatever it was isn’t catastrophic.

My guess is they’ll drag it out, then call him day to day or such.  With Abby just down the road, call up is an easy one.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Yeah, I wasn't considering waivers... more so which of them would be the 13th forward. If we need the roster space, it seems to be a no-brainer call to send Podz down.

You don't have to send Podz down. As long as the team is under the Cap, they are allowed more than 23 players after the TDL. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Calling up Silovs would be the first indicator.

If that doesn’t happen I guess we’ll find out on Tuesday when they practice next?

5 hours ago, Silent Man said:

Ball arena located at 5280 feet/1600 meter above sea level

At this altitude oxygen level is 2% lower than at sea level 

I would say this is a significant advantage for the home teams (Avalanche and Nuggets).

Lol my eyes aren’t so good 

I thought you were joking around and said that rinks have ‘attitude’…

but you wrote - ‘altitude’

lol

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

I guess JR has a better understanding of how to build a winner than random hockey chat site posters. It’s amazing how these posters are no where to be found, isn’t it? 

You have such a good understanding of “building” a contender.

Mikheyev - lol

Hronek

Lafferty

Joshua

Ljndholm

DeSmith

Aman

Zadorov

Soucy

“Built”

Lmfao 

Edited by AnthonyG

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

whats funny about that list?

Is that a winning core? Is that list the building blocks of a contender? Zero credit to JB for putting the best core this organization has ever seen. Instead the guy who tossed a few sprinkles on the cake gets all the credit just as Gillass did.