[PGT] Jets at Canucks

4 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

We hadn't managed to beat winnipeg, vegas, la or colorado, so people were worried. Now we've shown that, and in a complete way. Time to add the avs to the list.

People forgot that when Canucks faced Avs this season, they were in middle of a tough stretch on the road and too many 3rd games in 4 nights type of games.  You could clearly see that they didn't have their legs and naturally we lose to them in a close game.

• Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

7 hours ago, filthy animal said:

Assuming they continue to play this way, question is who comes out when Dakota comes back? IMO Mik walks the plank

Good question, but I think Mik stays. He's working hard, getting better game by game. Sit him now, and perhaps that progress gets lost.

Of course, could argue the other side of that, and say the rest could do him good. But I lean to keeping him there. It sends a good message to anyone who struggles... that hard work gets rewarded. PDG is easier to sit, but he has been doing well lately.

Nice to have tough lineup choices :towel:

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

People forgot that when Canucks faced Avs this season, they were in middle of a tough stretch on the road and too many 3rd games in 4 nights type of games.  You could clearly see that they didn't have their legs and naturally we lose to them in a close game.

And I think , altitude of the rink plays a role as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Good question, but I think Mik stays. He's working hard, getting better game by game. Sit him now, and perhaps that progress gets lost.

Of course, could argue the other side of that, and say the rest could do him good. But I lean to keeping him there. It sends a good message to anyone who struggles... that hard work gets rewarded. PDG is easier to sit, but he has been doing well lately.

or just continue to allow Joshua to rehab/rest.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yep. The same "reasons" were called excuses when the Canucks were exhausted.

I do not care for reasons that they called excuses.  Canucks didn't make any excuses when they lost to them.  They made it close which is what we all wanted regardless of the result.  Now people were worried about not able to beat Avs.   I am not worried at all because they have the ability to shut them down like they did to every teams in the league. 

I have confidence that the Canucks has what it takes to win this year, tired or not.  Now people are saying that they lost to the Canucks because they didn't play well, not true because it is completely the other way around, they overwhelm them with tactics they deployed and they are fast whenever they get close to Demko, they are in their face and couldn't do anything but weak shots outside the perimeter.  The Canucks breakout defense was so good that they caused too many turnovers at their opponents' own zone.   

That is why Tampa Bay players think that we do have what it takes to win games now and very deep team.  They raved about our game.   That is how we know that they are for real.  Early in the season we were not sure if they were for real and was so happy about the great results early and now it's more of a sustainable.

Other stuff I have noticed during the course of the season is that their PK can be great when they wanted to despite what the stats tells us the story otherwise is that whenever they had to kill any major penalty, they do not go a normal PK strategies.  They employed lots and lots of pressure and were able to kill penalties at ease.  So they are conserving their PK energy for the playoffs and not showing their hands just yet.  Once the playoffs start, PK will start to ramp up the pressure even more.  Every little things I noticed during the major kill was not the same if they were killing a 2 minute minor.  I am thinking that they will use in the playoffs whether it be minor or major.

37 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Mik is definitely staying in. 

Love Podz and he is going to a big part of the team during playoffs and next year but he is the guy to come out. 4th line is rolling so best to simply slot in in DJ in his usual spot and give Podz time to continue working on his game in Abby. He looks great

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Love Podz and he is going to a big part of the team during playoffs and next year but he is the guy to come out. 4th line is rolling so best to simply slot in in DJ in his usual spot and give Podz time to continue working on his game in Abby. He looks great

I dunno

I think he's better than PDG. 

Faster, bigger, hits harder, better vision and creativity and is more intelligent. 

Id rather he gets more reps and completely understands systems and defensive coverage. 

His man flaw ive seen is uncertainty at times knowing who's gonna charge out to the point to cover the point shot etc. 

He's so smart that more reps with consistent line mates will fix it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

That seems reasonable. I wasn't thinking of Podz. I might choose him over PDG, but only cuz I want him to be successful. He should sit instead of PDG, at least to start.

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I dunno

I think he's better than PDG. 

Faster, bigger, hits harder, better vision and creativity and is more intelligent. 

Id rather he gets more reps and completely understands systems and defensive coverage. 

His man flaw ive seen is uncertainty at times knowing who's gonna charge out to the point to cover the point shot etc. 

He's so smart that more reps with consistent line mates will fix it

When Joshua comes back, barring no other injuries, I'd expect a rotation of PDG, Podz, and Lafferty.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Rinks have attitudes- absolutely… 

Ball arena located at 5280 feet/1600 meter above sea level

At this altitude oxygen level is 2% lower than at sea level 

I would say this is a significant advantage for the home teams (Avalanche and Nuggets).

Edited by Silent Man
  • Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Ball arena located at 5280 feet/1600 meter above sea level

At this altitude oxygen level is 2% lower than at sea level 

I would say this is a significant advantage for the home teams (Avalanche and Nuggets).

Similar elevation to the Smelly Cowpies, dirty Soilers, and ugly Winterpigs, no? 

What I like about Tocchet's coaching is it's not all about the individual points, If you play the game the right way the points will come.  That's why he's not concerned with Podkolzin, all Tocchet wants is for him to be fast on the puck, hard on the boards and win puck battles and get the puck to Garland or Lindholm and when you don't have the puck go to the net, the rest will take care of itself.  If Mikheyev comes to each game with the same mindset the points will come he just has to stick to the process.  Tocchet has put almost as much value in hitting, shot blocking and playing a heavy board game than he does scoring goals.  

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Similar elevation to the Smelly Cowpies, dirty Soilers, and ugly Winterpigs, no? 

no.

edit: (calgary 3428 ft, edmonton 2201 ft, winnipeg 784 ft)

Edited by tas
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No, Winny is at sea level, almost, Edmonton a bit higher at 600 meters, and Calgary - yes, a bit of extra advantage- 1000 metres 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1