[PGT] Jets at Canucks

Just now, Alflives said:

Does 1500 feet make that much of a difference? I’m Alf, and not Bill Nye. 

1800 ft, and since that's like 40% of the total, I'mma say yeah. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, filthy animal said:

Yup, you'd be hard pressed to name a bad player tonight. Probably PDG's best game of the season.

Assuming they continue to play this way, question is who comes out when Dakota comes back? IMO Mik walks the plank

I’d guess DJ would get a couple games on 4th line to get back into it at the cost of Lafferty. Then, flip him onto 3rd line, and move Podz up with Petterson; Suter can go to 4th line.

Mik is starting to gel with Miller and Beoser. His speed is setting up opportunities. With his recent play, it’s only a matter of time before he starts potting a few goals.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

What I like about Tocchet's coaching is it's not all about the individual points, If you play the game the right way the points will come.  That's why he's not concerned with Podkolzin, all Tocchet wants is for him to be fast on the puck, hard on the boards and win puck battles and get the puck to Garland or Lindholm and when you don't have the puck go to the net, the rest will take care of itself.  If Mikheyev comes to each game with the same mindset the points will come he just has to stick to the process.  Tocchet has put almost as much value in hitting, shot blocking and playing a heavy board game than he does scoring goals.  

100%…one small thing; get rid of the IF; Mik has worked his ass off every night this year while recovering. It’s why Tocchet has never bad mouthed him; he’s not a liability, and good things will come to him as he gets back to 100% healthy. He is turning the corner as we speak.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

No surprise that since Myers gets injured and more importantly Soucy comes back, our defence is lights-out. Just as importantly, our offence is firing on all cylinders. Our top-

6 stars are scoring and our depth guys chip in as well. Overall great game against another conference rival who are playing well and we absolutely dominated them.

Good to see we're getting back to our game. You've got to think if we play this way consistently we can beat any team in the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

People were expecting Mik to come back after that injury and light it up as if he never had an injury. It's completely unrealistic. I had that same surgery and it takes a lot longer to fully heal than people think. There's also a very real psychological adjustment as well. 

Lately we're seeing him regain more form, speed, and confidence. That's resulting in more opportunities. Just let him continue to find his way as we get closer to playoffs.

Exactly; ACLs take time to get it all back. The big thing with Mik is he has not been a liability while getting back to that place. That’s all on him and his effort.

In addition, he had negative trade value prior to TDL. If he continues progressing, that’ll flip, and we will be able to unload him without attaching assets in the summer IF we choose to do so.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Exactly; ACLs take time to get it all back. The big thing with Mik is he has not been a liability while getting back to that place. That’s all on him and his effort.

In addition, he had negative trade value prior to TDL. If he continues progressing, that’ll flip, and we will be able to unload him without attaching assets in the summer IF we choose to do so.

Good point about the negative trade value. The remainder of the season and playoffs will determine what we do with him. Either way, we just need hope he continues progressing and succeeds. Win-win. 

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I dunno

I think he's better than PDG. 

Faster, bigger, hits harder, better vision and creativity and is more intelligent. 

Id rather he gets more reps and completely understands systems and defensive coverage. 

His man flaw ive seen is uncertainty at times knowing who's gonna charge out to the point to cover the point shot etc. 

He's so smart that more reps with consistent line mates will fix it

Agreed it is likely him or Podz

I think Podz is the only player that does not require waivers correct?

Edited by NoCupSyndrome

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

That seems reasonable. I wasn't thinking of Podz. I might choose him over PDG, but only cuz I want him to be successful. He should sit instead of PDG, at least to start.

Plus Podz doesn't require waivers...don't want to lose someone else

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

People were expecting Mik to come back after that injury and light it up as if he never had an injury. It's completely unrealistic. I had that same surgery and it takes a lot longer to fully heal than people think. There's also a very real psychological adjustment as well. 

Lately we're seeing him regain more form, speed, and confidence. That's resulting in more opportunities. Just let him continue to find his way as we get closer to playoffs.

I think the problem is people were expecting Mikheyev to be a 50-60 point 2nd liner when he’s never scored more than 32 points in a season even before his injury. He is a very good third liner. Just doesn’t have the offensive IQ/skills to be a top 6 forward. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think the problem is people were expecting Mikheyev to be a 50-60 point 2nd liner when he’s never scored more than 32 points in a season even before his injury. He is a very good third liner. Just doesn’t have the offensive IQ/skills to be a top 6 forward. 

I think Podkolzin - Lindholm - Mikheyev would be an excellent two-way shutdown line for the playoffs. We have so many options we can use now. 

Edited by Pears
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think his biggest issue is health. He typically scores at a second line rate, he just can't play the entire season.

The knee injury has clearly slowed his speed, hopefully the slower schedule over March will allow him to get back to form for the playoffs.

25 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:
4 minutes ago, Pears said:

I think Podkolzin - Lindholm - Mikheyev would be an excellent two-way shutdown line for the playoffs. We have so many options we can use now. 

Laff Miller Boeser

Suter EP Hogs

Mik Lindholm Podz

Garland Blueger DJ

Could effectively have two first lines and two second lines...and almost all three could be considered shut down in some respects

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

Canucks haven't had options for a very long time. Not realistically, through the entire Benning era. We've had good individual players, sure.

Now it would appear we're ready to rock with any team in the league, home or away. Turning out to be an era of it's own now.

What do we call it?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Plus Podz doesn't require waivers...don't want to lose someone else

After the trade deadline, a team can carry as many players as they want, as long as they are under the salary cap. 

35 minutes ago, Pears said:

At this point that looks like a good third line to me. Lindholm being the only true top 6 player out of those 3. 

I like the team I'm seeing lately a lot more than the team we were in that stretch where Edm won 13 straight and only gained 2 points on us. 3 goals against in the last 4 against our 3 of our main foes in the west. We got a big one coming up against the avs and a couple days to prepare. This is the best weve looked. 

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Canucks haven't had options for a very long time. Not realistically, through the entire Benning era. We've had good individual players, sure.

Now it would appear we're ready to rock with any team in the league, home or away. Turning out to be an era of it's own now.

What do we call it?

Renaissance.

32 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I think his biggest issue is health. He typically scores at a second line rate, he just can't play the entire season.

The knee injury has clearly slowed his speed, hopefully the slower schedule over March will allow him to get back to form for the playoffs.

Is 32 points what’s expected from a 2nd line player? Because he’s never scored more than that so not sure what’s meant by him usually scoring at a second line rate. Usually when you think 1st line players you’re thinking players close to a point per game or PPG or more. Second line players are usually in the 50-60 point range. His production has always been a third line players. 25-30 points

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I never had the ACL injury, I did tear my MCL and it hurt over a year even JUST walking

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1