[PGT] Jets at Canucks

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Is that a winning core? Is that list the building blocks of a contender? Zero credit to JB for putting the best core this organization has ever seen. Instead the guy who tossed a few sprinkles on the cake gets all the credit just as Gillass did.

Benning gets credit for Hughes and Miller. He was forced to pick Petey and and Demko was the scouts. Then Benning went about messing up the cap and not being able to build out the roster as a result. New management builds around the existing core in a year and a half and makes one of the top clubs in the league. 
Benning was (still is) a moran. 

4 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Just FYI:

Mikheyev has 6 points since January 1st, 2024 in 30 games. All 6 points assists. 

His last goal came 35 games ago.

I understand slumps but that’s pretty extreme. 

We’ve won four in a row the last three against good clubs. We completed our classed the Jets and Vegas. “Butt” that isn’t good enough. 
44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We’ve won four in a row the last three against good clubs. We completed our classed the Jets and Vegas. “Butt” that isn’t good enough. 

Alfellujah! Somebody say Aman!

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Just FYI:

Mikheyev has 6 points since January 1st, 2024 in 30 games. All 6 points assists. 

Yeah he totally lost his Identity when he was taken off his cushy role playing with Kuz and Petey. Then wondered how long till I'm traded (after the Kuz trade) , I don't think it's a coincidence that he played his best hockey right before the TDL annd his best game the day after. I think he'll start performing better. 

21 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Just FYI:

Have you been watching him these last few games. He’s been great. Only a matter of time now 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Have you been watching him these last few games. He’s been great. Only a matter of time now 

Yes, you can really see his game elevate recently. His skating and strength has increased and I loved his physicality lately. He doesn't punish guys and he takes hits too but he is always there not giving an inch. I like his compete. 

I thought the last couple of games we would see a goal, its there I can taste it!

I will bet money he gets a goal against Washington on Saturday.

• Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Is that a winning core? Is that list the building blocks of a contender? Zero credit to JB for putting the best core this organization has ever seen. Instead the guy who tossed a few sprinkles on the cake gets all the credit just as Gillass did.

There’s a lot more required to succeed  than putting a solid cord together. Without the right mix of supporting players, team moral, chemistry, positive encouragement and coaching staff a solid core is useless. 

In seven years Benning was unable to finish the job he started by failing to support the core in many ways. 

JR and AP have accomplished more here to create a winning team in 20 months than JB did in 7 years. I’d hardly call their work tossing a few sprinkles. What they have done is just as important or more so as to what JB did. 

Anyone can bake a cake. Few can take it to the winning level. 

Edited by Barnstorm

43 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Just FYI:

Meh, he's not hurting the team.  Maybe if he wasn't so good defensively id be concerned 

• Cheers 1

Just now, iinatcc said:

The Parade needs to start by ....

streaking will ferrell GIF

if we win the cup....every poster on the forum should post an inappropriate pic of themselves doing just that.

Ribs would love it.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

if we win the cup....every poster on the forum should post an inappropriate pic of themselves doing just that.

Ribs would love it.

Sure, if by inappropriate can be strategically hiding parts with a Boston Bruins jersey, because I'm pretty Ribs doesn't need to see ALL of me streaking 🤣

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yes, you can really see his game elevate recently. His skating and strength has increased and I loved his physicality lately. He doesn't punish guys and he takes hits too but he is always there not giving an inch. I like his compete. 

I thought the last couple of games we would see a goal, its there I can taste it!

I will bet money he gets a goal against Washington on Saturday.

Agreed. Looking like he belongs in the middle 6. Getting lots of chances and helping his line mates. He might be the type of guy that scores in bunches. Which is fine as he’s solid defensively 

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sure, if by inappropriate can be strategically hiding parts with a Boston Bruins jersey, because I'm pretty Ribs doesn't need to see ALL of me streaking 🤣

Approved, as the body has certain areas that are in concert with a Bruins jersey

• Wiener 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Agreed. Looking like he belongs in the middle 6. Getting lots of chances and helping his line mates. He might be the type of guy that scores in bunches. Which is fine as he’s solid defensively 

Most fwd lines are built around the pair and then a complimentary player.  The offense on that line runs through miller and boes and mik provides some strong defence and speed to that line, which it lacks without him

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

No one’s denying that. But it’s not a big deal if you highlight almost 5 million dollars in it producing. Especially when this off season we have so many key free agents and that money is wasted.

56 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah he totally lost his Identity when he was taken off his cushy role playing with Kuz and Petey. Then wondered how long till I'm traded (after the Kuz trade) , I don't think it's a coincidence that he played his best hockey right before the TDL annd his best game the day after. I think he'll start performing better. 

I hope so for almost 5 million in cap space sake.

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

Meh, he's not hurting the team.  Maybe if he wasn't so good defensively id be concerned 

For almost 5 million you’d think you would get some offence. Those defensive forwards are had for 2-3M.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Benning gets credit for Hughes and Miller. He was forced to pick Petey and and Demko was the scouts. Then Benning went about messing up the cap and not being able to build out the roster as a result. New management builds around the existing core in a year and a half and makes one of the top clubs in the league. 
Benning was (still is) a moran

MorOn,  MorOn, MorOn. We talked about this remember LOL

• Haha 1