[PGT] Jets at Canucks

8 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

None of them,but i speak somehow few languages.How about you?Would you dare to go on other country forum and open your uneducated mouth.Smart ass

Yes I would but I'd be sure it was grammaticaly correct and understandable.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mikheyev had 21 goals and 32 points in only 53 games.  That was a pace for 32 goals and 50 points.  A 32 goal pace is definitely top 6 material...

Loui Eriksson also had three CONSECUTIVE 30 goal scoring years prior to coming over to Vancouver. This was a disaster of a signing, but he was not alone. Edmonton AND Calgary went through the same problem together. In fact, that 2016 UFA free agent signing league wide was horrendous as a whole. It was honestly a joke.

• Cheers 2

If the demko injury is short term than I welcome this for the canucks

We might need DeSmith In the playoffs so this will get him lots of action vs good teams. And it's also challenging the canucks down the stretch. We don't want to coast into the playoffs we simply don't have enough experience on this roster to have the luxury to coast than turn it on

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Life was a lot simpler when the Duke was riding high in the saddle. Miss him and Jimmy.

A *fantastic* swan song film for the Duke as well ("The Shootist").  I like how Duke was adamant about changing the novel's ending (where he shoots one of the "bad guys" in the back.  He said in his entire career, he never shot somebody in the back; no matter what the reason...and he wasn't about to do it now!).

Another great scene in the movie:

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

A *fantastic* swan song film for the Duke as well ("The Shootist").  I like how Duke was adamant about changing the novel's ending (where he shoots one of the "bad guys" in the back.  He said in his entire career, he never shot somebody in the back; no matter what the reason...and he wasn't about to do it now!).

Another great scene in the movie:

A perfect example of separating the art from the artist.  I enjoyed his movies tremendously, but he was a despicable human

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not the worst news but not the best either. I've looked at that play over and over and if it wasn't a groin, sure is hard to figure out what.

Doubt we get much more info for a while. Too bad for sure. 

I wanted them to have a look at another goalie so this might be a blessing indisguuse…

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not the worst news but not the best either. I've looked at that play over and over and if it wasn't a groin, sure is hard to figure out what.

Cramps makes sense to me. He’s dealt with that most of his career.

If it were a knee or a muscle tweak I doubt he would play through it. The fact he was able to give DeSmith a heads up to me sounds like he knew what it was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Cramps makes sense to me. He’s dealt with that most of his career.

If it were a knee or a muscle tweak I doubt he would play through it. The fact he was able to give DeSmith a heads up to me sounds like he knew what it was.

I realize goalies have to drink a lot  of fluids to keep hydrated however just before he left the ice I was thinking how Demko was sure consuming his share. Perhaps he was already warding off mild cramps and it became too much. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

This could be good for the guys as long as it's actually just a minimal injury, they have to play more disciplined now, and it's perfect timing to get ready for the playoffs. 

I don't trust them at all when they claim ' a few games '. That to me screams 2-3 weeks. My guess is he comes back on the 28th vs Dallas. 

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Seeing how he was walking off and lifting his legs over the bench, I would also doubt this is a groin issue. I read somewhere that he suffers from muscle cramps. Don’t think that would take him out of games for a couple weeks but then again I’m not a doctor. Wonder if this is a ploy to rest?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Seeing how he was walking off and lifting his legs over the bench, I would also doubt this is a groin issue. I read somewhere that he suffers from muscle cramps. Don’t think that would take him out of games for a couple weeks but then again I’m not a doctor. Wonder if this is a ploy to rest?

I wouldn't doubt it. We have a healthy enough cushion where we can afford to give Demko a couple of weeks off to make sure he'll be 100%.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Lot of breaks this month. Let him rest up /heal to 100%

DeSmith can start all the games next two weeks. 

Silovs playing a game or 2 isn't the end of the world either.  I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Ballisticsports said:

I never had the ACL injury, I did tear my MCL and it hurt over a year even JUST walking

Knee injuries are the worst. Feel for you. Mine took a long time to feel close to normal but it was never truly the same. The psychological aspect was tough. Funny, I had no trouble playing hockey or skating but running and pivoting was harder.