[PGT] Jets at Canucks

32 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Don't like the sound of a knee injury. With cramps or soft muscle injuries you're pretty sure they are short-term, but joint injuries tend to take longer to heal and may linger. Hope it's actually minor.

We all saw how he walked off the ice and walked over those benches with ease. It can’t be that bad

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Doesn't mean the next one when the Canucks are playing meaningful hockey won't be the biggest. Also its just a bit of an ongoing joke with buddy there

Good one.

Edited by Barn Burner

11 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Let's see how DeSmith handles the starting job for a few weeks. I'm hopeful. I think he'll at least keep the team above .500 for this homestand.

Given how well this team is playing defensively as of late, I would think he will be successful 

3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Given how well this team is playing defensively as of late, I would think he will be successful 

Sooooooo many years of bad Canucks teams has me STILL not fully believing that this year's team is really good. But I suppose the sample size is large enough at this point!

• Cheers 1

Looking FWD to getting D Swift some more action. Really feel like he's a great backup Demko could win the Jennings with. 

Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise for Demko he's played a lot of games. Some rest down the stretch will be good for him. Hopefully whatever he's working through isn't too serious. 

Edit: Apparently I can't read. ugh Knee frustrating. I think Tolopilo might be the guy for callup he's got 1 less win than Silovs in 9 fewer games. I would rather keep cooking Silovs and bring tolopilo up as plan A. Of course if he stinks we have to try Silovs. we don't want to slide into the playoffs. 

I like the way we have been playing, if we can keep clamping down on our high danger shots against like we have recently they might come out of this stronger for the playoffs. Hopefully D Swift looks more like 1st season Martin than 2nd season Martin. 

Edited by Hammertime

If the Canucks play the same way they played vs the Knights and the Jets the rest of the way it won't matter who's in net.  The Canucks will win the majority of their games.  It will be good for the Canucks, I think they use Demko as a crutch too often.  This might even be a blessing in disguise. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Pure961089 said:

If the Canucks play the same way they played vs the Knights and the Jets the rest of the way it won't matter who's in net.  The Canucks will win the majority of their games.  It will be good for the Canucks, I think they use Demko as a crutch too often.  This might even be a blessing in disguise. 

Yeah if they figure out how to win without Demko, they'll be a force to be reckoned with when Demko returns.